Selling?

CortinaGT

Hi All

Been a long time since I posted on the forum, although I do look from time to time.  As many will know, I wrote a lot in the early days of the Citigo and hope that I helped a few of the forum's Citigo members.  I was an early receiver of Skoda's new clutch pedal anti-click fix, many will recall!  I also posted the Running-In Information in the Technical Guides which I see has now had 7,370 views!  Also I was the first to prove that the Greentech and Sport suspensions were the same.  There were more.

I now have a dilemma.  My daughter, who lives in New Zealand, has had to have a serious brain tumour (non-cancerous type, thank goodness) removed whilst carrying her first child.  That was almost two years ago and recovery is slow.  She needs her mum and dad's help to enable her to overcome the exhaustion of trying to recover and look after an extremely mobile youngster.   For that reason we are moving out to New Zealand for a couple of years,  which of course means selling our two cars.  

So the question is - does anyone think that I would get genuine positive interest if I were to join Freedom and advertise my very low mileage, unmarked condition Greentech there?   Even the dealer states that it is in mint condition.  I am not trying to circumvent the Classified section by asking this question here, just wondering if members think that this could help reduce the stress of selling, as my wife and I have so many other major things to do at the moment.

Auto trader is probably your best bet. I have sold a car on here before but it did take quite some time. eBay can be good but there are a lot of time wasters on there.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope all works out well for your family.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your daughters issues however with mum and dad going out to new Zealand everything is going to be peachy ;) , we buy any car seem to be coming up with reasonable prices these days but agree auto trader should be good

• Like 1

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions and kind thoughts.

It seems Autotrader is a favourite.  I want to avoid the 'tyre kickers' as much as possible, although I would hope that the Citigo would attract less of those than a VRS would!

Has anybody used Pre-loved and was it successful?    As we are having to reduce things we transport over to NZ, I did try some items on it, but had no interest at all.  eBay was totally different.

It is worth trying WBAC and you local Skoda dealer, if they buy cars straight off instead of only part ex. I got a reasonable price for mine part ex from a dealer, it's if for a  quick sale give them a try. I just use Wisebuyers guide to give me an idea what I should expect as a trade in, private or dealer sale price.

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

WBAC if you need a straight forward sale without the tyre kickers. To be honest for the hassle you will probably not get much more via a private sale.

WBAC if you need a straight forward sale without the tyre kickers. To be honest for the hassle you will probably not get much more via a private sale.

Just had  shock quote from WBAC,have said £6265-00 for mine,normally they say around the £5K mark.

Thought it was too good to be true,have just realised the price was for a Fabia and not Citigo,when I put the reg number in I put in 62 instead of 63 and so the car came up as a Fabia and I did not notice!.

Just had  shock quote from WBAC,have said £6265-00 for mine,normally they say around the £5K mark.

yep £5.3-5.5k for my 13 plate with 20k on the clock (price varies by week and location). Dealer will probably give about the same unless you're trying to buy a new car.

had mine on sale (and still have) for £6800 no interest what so ever. That's with the balance of 5 year warranty and 1 service on the plan left.

Apologies for not posting back sooner, but as you can imagine, organising the moving of ones life to another country under these circumstances takes a lot of time and effort.

I just tried We Buy Any Car and they have indicated £4,655 less a £49.99 fee.   I gather the dealer would pay £4,600-4,800, so the differences are not that geat.

Thank you MickA for the Wisebuyers guide suggestion - nice, simple and clear.  This quotes private good as £5,560 and retail as £6,420.   I am still considering Auto-Trader at around £5,700.   Has anyone any further thoughts?   Thanks in advance.

Yeah that wisebuyer guide was OK for me. I would have took a px price of £6k for my Citigo or sold it for £7k privately. I couldn't really be bothered with a private sale so a dealer gave me £6200 in the end against the Toledo last year.

I just tried We Buy Any Car and they have indicated £4,655 less a £49.99 fee.   I gather the dealer would pay £4,600-4,800, so the differences are not that geat.

Thank you MickA for the Wisebuyers guide suggestion - nice, simple and clear.  This quotes private good as £5,560 and retail as £6,420.   I am still considering Auto-Trader at around £5,700.   Has anyone any further thoughts?   Thanks in advance.

By the time you take the admin fee, and any other valuation drops WBAC give you, even if you spent £100 on selling it you'll still be a grand better off putting it on autotrader at £5700.

Thanks to all for your help.   Colin D very graciously has given me a complimentary Freedom membership and this evening I posted an advert for my car in the Classified section - cars for sale at a quick sale price of £5.5k.

I would add that my wife and I are very appreciative of Colin's totally unprompted gesture - I always said that Skoda owners were a nicer bunch of people than the snooty car owners who 'wouldn't be seen dead' driving a Skoda. :)

• Like 4

Well, that's it guys and gals.   I watched my Citigo being driven off into the sunset (well - wall to wall rain, actually!) by a very nice lady who had bought it.   She used to have a Mini-Cooper a couple of cars ago and was looking for another small car that had good handling.  She was amazed at the condition.

It was sold after putting an ad on Autotrader on Friday night, viewed on Sunday and driven off after a bank transfer on Monday morning.  The selling price was £5,650.

So this is where I bow out of the forum until maybe a few years hence with a possible return to the UK and maybe my fourth Skoda purchase.   Many thanks - good luck to you all and I hope that I might have been of help for some of you over the past three years. :'(

• Like 2

Well, that's it guys and gals.   I watched my Citigo being driven off into the sunset (well - wall to wall rain, actually!) by a very nice lady who had bought it.   She used to have a Mini-Cooper a couple of cars ago and was looking for another small car that had good handling.  She was amazed at the condition.

It was sold after putting an ad on Autotrader on Friday night, viewed on Sunday and driven off after a bank transfer on Monday morning.  The selling price was £5,650.

So this is where I bow out of the forum until maybe a few years hence with a possible return to the UK and maybe my fourth Skoda purchase.   Many thanks - good luck to you all and I hope that I might have been of help for some of you over the past three years. :'(

Best of luck to you,although your are going to New Zealand in difficult circumstances its a great country with wonderful people and scenery,you'll love it.

no need to leave the forum,

plenty of international members and members driving non skoda's (me for one)

don't be a stranger, and good luck with the issues you are trying to resolve

BC1

• Like 1