New 15" steel wheel recall?

I spoke to the dealership this morning who told me they have just been notified of a recall of 15" steel wheels on my brand new Seat Toledo 1.2 TSI S.  Too short notice for them to get the replacement wheels as I am collecting it tomorrow.  Anyone else hear about this?  Not a health and safety issue I'm told, just a gradual loss of pressure with the possibility of increased tyre wear.

• Like 2

The VAG EU /UK recall /service campaign is crap in contacting the owner of the vehicle.

All the owners info except maybe an e-mail address (unfortunately) is at the DVLA.

SO WHY NOT DO AS YEARS GONE BY, SEND A LETTER OR  Now EMAIL TO OWNER NOTIFYING  THEN DIRECTLY?

I've JUST HAD A VOICE MAIL LEFT ABOUT MY Golf R having an "Enhancement " for the sideskirt attachment. No clear explanation of what or why.

Found this VW SITE where you can enter your VIN - However, did that and the response was unrecognised and yes I checked it several times.

http://www.vw.com/content/vwcom/en/owners-recalls.html

• Like 1

In the UK when it is a 'Safety Critical' Recall in conjunction with VOSA the Manufacturers get the Registered Details from the DVLA.

Otherwise they just contact or have Dealers or Partners contact people they have details for, 

they might no longer own or be the keeper of the car.

Yet,

If a Private Parking Company or someone else wants your details and contact from the DVLA they pay and buy it.

The Volkswagen Group or the UK Government do not think your safety is important enough to get Details for all 

vehicle Registered Keepers for Service Campaign items.

the VWG are good at managing to class many faults of vehicles and components as 'Not Safety Critical'.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls

• Like 1

I spoke to the dealership this morning who told me they have just been notified of a recall of 15" steel wheels on my brand new Seat Toledo 1.2 TSI S.  Too short notice for them to get the replacement wheels as I am collecting it tomorrow.  Anyone else hear about this?  Not a health and safety issue I'm told, just a gradual loss of pressure with the possibility of increased tyre wear.

So loss of tyre pressure (gradual or not) and increase tyre wear is not a health and safety issue? Told by whom? Can't the dealership loan you a "safe car" until the wheels are changed??

The VAG EU /UK recall /service campaign is crap in contacting the owner of the vehicle.

All the owners info except maybe an e-mail address (unfortunately) is at the DVLA.

SO WHY NOT DO AS YEARS GONE BY, SEND A LETTER OR  Now EMAIL TO OWNER NOTIFYING  THEN DIRECTLY?

I've JUST HAD A VOICE MAIL LEFT ABOUT MY Golf R having an "Enhancement " for the sideskirt attachment. No clear explanation of what or why.

Found this VW SITE where you can enter your VIN - However, did that and the response was unrecognised and yes I checked it several times.

http://www.vw.com/content/vwcom/en/owners-recalls.html

This is the US website so it is normal that it does not recognize an EU VIN.

This is the US website so it is normal that it does not recognize an EU VIN.

Posted Today, 09:55

vrskeith, on 19 Jun 2015 - 18:49, said:

Just had a call from my Service dealership ,as the R is booked in for it's 1st Service - Oil Change  9500 miles on Monday.

He pointed out that there was an "Enhancement Notice" on my Vin - relating to side skirts attachment. (Service Campaign / Recall- God only knows.)

Only an hour to sort ,provided parts available.

Has anyone else (member's) had similar request?

Can't find anything on other websites yet.

Just visited the VW website before I take the car in for the service, under the section OWNERS, there is a " my Volkswagen Information", click on square "Check for Recalls" ,you can then enter your cars VIN for investigating .

However, it appears to only relate to "SAFTEY ISSUES" it does not highlight any "Enhancement /Service Campaign" infor.

As I say mine is an Enhancement.

Update from my search on VW UK website.