Yamaha/Honda 125

Sizey1980

YBR125 put me off biking :P Did 1700 miles on it in a year, 6months it must have been out of use.

I'd get something else!

I had one as a courtesy bike once

It was horrendous.

Just vibrated more the more you revved it.

I'd go for something like this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBF500-CB500-2006-YRS-MOT-HPI-CLEAR-43K-DAILY-RIDER-COMMUTER-WORKHORSE-/291500032843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dec1834b

I had one for a few months after passing, ragged the **** out of it and never felt out my depth with it, learnt a fair bit on it and set me up nice for a larger bike.

I'd go for something like this then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBF500-CB500-2006-YRS-MOT-HPI-CLEAR-43K-DAILY-RIDER-COMMUTER-WORKHORSE-/291500032843?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dec1834b

I had one for a few months after passing, ragged the **** out of it and never felt out my depth with it, learnt a fair bit on it and set me up nice for a larger bike.

Hes after a 125 for experience though i think? That can be ridden on cbt?

Hes after a 125 for experience though i think? That can be ridden on cbt?

I know, but given Mod 1 is done and Mod 2 is imminent seems pointless to get a 125, getting off the training bike and onto a 125 will last all of a week before getting fed up with 50mph everywhere. Unless he's only doing A2 (125 isn't it?)

• Like 1

I can't help with finding a cheap 125cc (I do have 1 for sale here), but, I'm glad I chose to ride a 125cc before going to a bigger bike. My little  YBR125 still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it :) , it does help that I live in a fantastic part of the country though

You'll probably pick up some piece of Chinese crap cheap.

Any Honda 125 will not doubt have been to the moon and back and have been abused all the way.

I have a 08 plate YBR125,

Did my CBT last year and just in process of sorting my mod 1 and 2 training to get my test passed,

Done around 2000 miles on mine and its never missed a beat,

20140518_193706_zpsonnykgdk.jpg

• Like 1

Contemplating a restricted 600. Possibly a bandit. Get used to the weight, and size. Seen so much hate for the idea though, can't really understand to be honest?!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Restricted enginesare strange things

My old sv650s was restricted to 33bhp for a while.

It was okay until you got to about 6k rpm, then when it should of been pulling, it just completely dropped off. Made a noise but no power.

I can imagine a 600 il4 being worse, cos they like to rev.

Its a solution to a problem,but its by no means a perfect solution.

A lower powered bike that performs as it should is more fun tbh.

I'm 35, BTW.

Agreed, But I can't buy a 125, pass then sell it to get a bigger bike! Mod 2 with ride to test centre is £156, I've failed it twice and can't afford to do it again!

Thought this would be a short ter albeit not perfect solution to the problem!?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

He has failed his mod 2 twice so can only still ride a 125 legally,

I bought one with intention of getting some road experiance on a bike before doing my test which is what ive done