Amundsen question

Morning all. Car being built this week with Amundsen. Regarding SD cards, what info do you get on screen? I've started to rip a few cd's onto a card in the WAM (lossless) format. Can I expect artwork,track titles and album detail on screen? Cheers.

Morning all. Car being built this week with Amundsen. Regarding SD cards, what info do you get on screen? I've started to rip a few cd's onto a card in the WAM (lossless) format. Can I expect artwork,track titles and album detail on screen? Cheers.

I'm not sure what the MIB2 units such as in your car support, but the MIB1 Amundsen in my car only claims to support mp3, wma, asf, aac and wav.

Mine does show full track info, album info and artwork as contained in the tags in the file.  MIB1 does not support any album art over 500px wide/high or 200kb in size.

Also - the system shows the full metadata when playing, but selection is done for folder structure / file name.  Thus you need a logical file structure on your SD card if you ever want to find anything.

Again - just to stress all of this is for the older MIB1 units and it's not clear to me yet what has changed (if anything) on the newer MIB2 units.

******** Edit ********

Just found the MIB2 manual online.  Now states it supports wma (max. 384 kbit/s), wav (up to approx 1.5 MBit/s), mp3, aac, mp4, m4a (all up to 320kbit/s), flac and ogg (both up to approx 5.5 MBit/s).  Also seems to have better sorting options for viewing your files.

Edited by iriches

My MIB1 unit will only allow browsing of the files on the SD card as per the directory structure.  If I want to play some Bowie, it's thus really useful to have a David Bowie folder that I can navigate to, and sub-folders under that for each album.  On MIB1, AFAIK you cannot browse the SD Card using the ID3 tags in your files to find all Bowie songs.

The MIB2 manual that I posted the link to seems to suggest that this has improved, and there is a new "Multimedia database" (see page 24).  This allows:

Sorting according to the track list name

Sorting according to the artist's name

Sorting according to the album name

Sorting according to the track title

Sorting according to the podcast name

Sorting according to the genre type

Sorting according to the composer's name

Sort according to audio books name 

I use a 64Gb card, someone on here uses a 128Gb - no issues.

That would be me. No issues at all with a 128gb card and she's on her way towards the first service at the end of the month. I certainly can't complain for under £30. Only real issue is the time it takes to write that much music to the card from a computer but easily solved by starting it before bed and then turning it all off the next morning before work.

Edited by Astec123