Towbar dilemma

twoladies

Mine is a fixed Witter with 2 bolt ball. and a dedicated wiring kit. reprogramed.  All in for £325 

The wiring kit was a none Skoda part but when it came out of the box it was all VAG branded. :happy:

Was that fitted? if so were did you have it fitted?

Regards

Mike

Was that fitted? if so were did you have it fitted?

Regards

Mike

Yep it was fitted, and I think they did a good job too. :happy: they made up a couple of plates for me as well but they were £ extra.

DSCN2927   Copy

A little bit of a clue there on the ball cover. it was done at Northwest in Stockport.
  • Like 1

Interesting, as I was told that without the 'official' Yeti wiring, it would affect the sensors when reversing.  They said it would be perfectly safe and would cost about £100 less.  I went with the more expensive option as I hope to keep the AX HAGG for many years.  (REG AX15HGG).

Yep it was fitted, and I think they did a good job too. :happy: they made up a couple of plates for me as well but they were £ extra.

A little bit of a clue there on the ball cover. it was done at Northwest in Stockport.

Thank You

Interesting, as I was told that without the 'official' Yeti wiring, it would affect the sensors when reversing. They said it would be perfectly safe and would cost about £100 less. I went with the more expensive option as I hope to keep the AX HAGG for many years. (REG AX15HGG).

There are aftermarket, non-Škoda wiring kits that will keep all of the proper functions. What you are possibly referring to is the spliced-in universal relay kits, which offer no integration with the car's functions at all.

• Like 1

They explained to me that the difference is,

The after market kit needs a couple of wires leading under the carpet to the fusebox.

The factory fitted option has the wires already installed and makes it easier to just connect the socket wiring locally in the boot.  

Both options do the same job :thumbup: