WRC changes for 2017

Girardi

Probably nothing other than being the Highest Profile Motorsport Rally in the UK being a round of the FIA World Championship and the round 

where the FIA World Rally Championship was decided. Obviously not real rallying when it is just a competition for those that are at the top of their sport after starting at club level and maybe National Rally events etc and those on the way to the top.

Nothing that David Boggie or other 'real rally car drivers' aspired to when a younger men or woman.

Obviously there was the WRC2, 3 & Junior WRC drivers participating in the event that was called The Dayinsure Wales Rally GB.

http://wrc.com/en 

http://wrc.com 

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone thought it was the VW monster budget that won the titles, but clearly he can win in a privateer car without any works support at all.

Mind you he was even too fast for Loeb at Citroen, hence he was allowed to leave.

On another tack, I expect to soon see Ford advertising taking all the credit for something they had absolutely no part in, either the RAC win or the WRC or both.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Haha 1

No more do I have to listen to the "anyone could win in that VW". Still, not to take anything from MSport, they're a bunch of talented people. I think this season proves that it isn't all down to machinery at least, as if anybody who seriously likes rally would ever have thought that.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Ogier chooses M-sport over retirement for 2018 :clap:

I'm glad about this, Malcolm Wilson has probably gone through hell getting it together and it would have felt wrong for Ogier to drop them. I hope they can successfully defend their titles, but I have a feeling it won't happen next year. The rule set was new this year, but by next year I think the three big budget teams will have out-developed them. Anyway, if they didn't try, it wouldn't feel right.

Link: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/ogier-msport/page/5042--12-12-.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...