Help! - 'free' servicing woes

I did the same...... HOWEVER... The dealer told me you have to pay the finance for a minimum of 4 months and minimum of £4000 otherwise the free servicing WILL NOT be activated.

So I paid mine off after 4 months after checking with the dealership that it was active.

That was the dealer getting his commission & telling you porkies. My dealer tried the same but I rang VWFS & they confirmed you can pay it off during the cooling off period & retain any benefits. They emailed me that also & my servicing has been free so don't always believe the dealer.

I got mine on the 3 year interest-free PCP at the end of last October, and was told all servicing in the 3 years was free (as was AA membership for the car) but can't find any specific wording on the paperwork stating this to be so. Is there anywhere I can check it, apart from ringing the dealer of course. First service is not due till this October.

Just ring a dealer & they can check on the computer. Others got it on their order form, others got a letter from Skoda. I got neither but still have free servicing.

That was the dealer getting his commission & telling you porkies. My dealer tried the same but I rang VWFS & they confirmed you can pay it off during the cooling off period & retain any benefits. They emailed me that also & my servicing has been free so don't always believe the dealer.

When my partner bought her Polo on a similar scheme in March, she paid it off the day after picking up the car and kept all the benefits including £1000 deposit contribution and two years servicing. It does cause issues for the dealer apparently but it was them who encouraged us to do it that way....

When my partner bought her Polo on a similar scheme in March, she paid it off the day after picking up the car and kept all the benefits including £1000 deposit contribution and two years servicing. It does cause issues for the dealer apparently but it was them who encouraged us to do it that way....

Can't see the point of a quick pay off  when there is no interest, unless it gets you some kind of discount?

You should have gotten a letter from SUK detailing the free servicing, I did.

I didn't get anything for quite a while. I queried it with the dealer who said that you don't get paperwork as it's all electronic, and then about 4 days later the letter turned up.

Coincidence..... or did someone forget to register me until I prompted them.

• Like 1

The VW apr was about 6%-does that help!?!

Seemed a bit odd tbh. We were positively encouraged to take out the finance to get the £1000, and were explicitly told 'don't worry, if you want to,pay it off straight away, do it within the 14day cooling off period, you get to keep the £1000, the free insurance and the service package"

as we did it the day after, we paid about £6 in interest for the time it took for the money to be transferred.

So we got about 8% off the list price as a discount as a starting point, then another £1000 off as a 'deposit contribution', about £350 worth of insurance and about £300 of servicing.

I did the same...... HOWEVER... The dealer told me you have to pay the finance for a minimum of 4 months and minimum of £4000 otherwise the free servicing WILL NOT be activated.

So I paid mine off after 4 months after checking with the dealership that it was active.

Something they introduced to stop people paying the finance off straight away, or financing £1000 over 3 years for example.

Quick update.

I paid to have my car serviced as I didn't want to go to far past the 1 year mark and risk the warranty. It was clear that the dealership was not going to accept my arguments/evidence anytime soon, and they don't have anyone senior enough to make a decision.

Skoda UK followed up my case and after sending them copies of the website dorfl linked to they agreed that I should have been given a service plan. Today they have managed to get the dealer to admit to them that a mistake was made, saying that my order was not processed/accepted until after the offer had ended.

Because the dealer principal is away for a few weeks SUK are waiting for him to return before pushing for a resolution.

So big thumbs up for Skoda UK customer services. Hopefully get something sorted out soon.

Big thumbs up for dorfl in ferreting out the offer info for you also.

Glad you have eventually got what you're entitled to & a big thumbs down for the dealership. You might want to press them for some "goodwill" as they have put you to inconvenience & expense sorting out their mistake!!

I didn't get anything for quite a while. I queried it with the dealer who said that you don't get paperwork as it's all electronic, and then about 4 days later the letter turned up.

Coincidence..... or did someone forget to register me until I prompted them.

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me...

Still no answer from my lot (West Sussex Motors).

Their Skoda franchise has recently been taken over by JCB. Any comments???

Looks like you may have dug a hole with that one!

Sorry, it's all I could think of :x .

I'll get my coat.