The 280PS Thread

27 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

To be perfectly honest;  I've never driven my 280 and thought "this needs more power".  It's plenty quick enough...

...it won't stop me from contemplating one though :)

Ah, but that's where you're wrong: there's never enough power.

As for the question L&K vs. Sportline: the choice didn't exist when I bought, but I'd still go L&K. Why? The higher goodie-count and I'm not a fan of calling something "sport" when it's so obviously about as far removed from that as can be. (Don't get me started on the like of Range Rover Sport...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

Out of interest what made you go for the L&K over the Sportline and which of the options have been most useful since you've had it?

15 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

Out of interest what made you go for the L&K over the Sportline and which of the options have been most useful since you've had it?

Good Question.  Initially went for the Sportline but realised that there was no difference in the performance and I think I liked a couple of differences on the base spec.  Also thoght I might for once consider the wife's opinion as she wld be driving it more than me.  Considering her opinion of cars in the past I thought that might be a mistake.  But not this time. 

Her recent past choices:  Honda Jazz (great car but underpowered), Jag XE (crap paint and she struggled to park it), BMW 3 series (utter rubbish - we both hated it).

I have attached a spreadsheet with the options and base spec.  Have shaded in the cells v each item. Red (waste of money), Orangey (not used or not bothered), Green (wld have again).  Hope that helps.

17 07 Skoda Costs Rev 03 Briskoda.xlsx

3 hours ago, penguin17 said:

To be perfectly honest;  I've never driven my 280 and thought "this needs more power".  It's plenty quick enough...

Back to "wants & needs", (from some subject in school / college?) as always. Might be interesting to find out just what power it  makes as it is?

DC

Back to "wants & needs", (from some subject in school / college?) as always. Might be interesting to find out just what power it  makes as it is?

DC

2 hours ago, Harryc said:

Good Question.  Initially went for the Sportline but realised that there was no difference in the performance and I think I liked a couple of differences on the base spec.  Also thoght I might for once consider the wife's opinion as she wld be driving it more than me.  Considering her opinion of cars in the past I thought that might be a mistake.  But not this time. 

Her recent past choices:  Honda Jazz (great car but underpowered), Jag XE (crap paint and she struggled to park it), BMW 3 series (utter rubbish - we both hated it).

I have attached a spreadsheet with the options and base spec.  Have shaded in the cells v each item. Red (waste of money), Orangey (not used or not bothered), Green (wld have again).  Hope that helps.

17 07 Skoda Costs Rev 03 Briskoda.xlsx

Really helpful thank you! Sorry if I'm being thick but can't work out column F in full spec sheet.

28 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

@EddGee have you stopped looking at pics of your new car yet? 

Thats gonna be some drive home. 

2 more sleeps! 

No I haven’t. 

They sent me a video as well which I’ve watched about 250 times. :nerd:

They are delivering it via transporter btw then taking the 245 away. 

29E3CB9F-CC05-4E52-839B-5EDEFE912411.jpeg

Edited by EddGee
  • Like 1

@EddGee Lucky chap! I bet the video makes the wait even more difficult.

I just received an email from my dealer saying my car has left the factory! He was unsure if there would still be WLTP delays or not. Saying that, I believe it was built in August so I'd hope WLTP tests had been carried out in the time since then. Who knows?!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EddGee said:

No I haven’t. 

They sent me a video as well which I’ve watched about 250 times. :nerd:

They are delivering it via transporter btw then taking the 245 away. 

29E3CB9F-CC05-4E52-839B-5EDEFE912411.jpeg

‘‘Tis a beaut! I have a soft spot for Business Grey and I’m still not sure why I didn’t stick with it for the 280...

Hope the delivery goes well. Let us know how you get on. Best of luck 

7 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

‘‘Tis a beaut! I have a soft spot for Business Grey and I’m still not sure why I didn’t stick with it for the 280...

Hope the delivery goes well. Let us know how you get on. Best of luck 

Cheers will do. :thumbup:

Im off work Wednesday so I’m heading up to the hills of the Peak District for some twisty national speed limit fun. :tongueout:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

Love the Meteor Grey...really suits the Sportline. Think that's the colour I'm going to go for.

Fully recommended. I have heard and understand the "It's only the primer" comments but in the flesh it looks fantastic.

18 hours ago, cs.rogers said:

You don't appreciate the size until you go to park or reverse and then you realise there is a hell of alot of car there... On that note, 2 things i would spec (can they be retrofitted?) are blind spot detection (to help with checking not replace it!) and a reversing camera. Parking assist would be nice (retrofit?) as i hate the idea of getting it wrong and pranging an alloy.

Glad you're enjoying the wheels!

As an owner with the camera and blind spot detection, I'd not want to go without them any more. Especially the blind spot detection. It's so handy getting a little light to just let you know that some muggle is in your blind spot even if you weren't planning on going anywhere. The camera is really handy for parking near walls as you can quite easily get to within an inch of a wall/other car if need be, long after the beeps have freaked out and just giving you tone.

The parking assist works perfectly too. A few times I've looked at bays and thought "nope, too small to **** around with" and it's just nailed it.

Got mine at the end of January on 3k miles and its now at 15k, mostly motorway cruising. About 1700 litres of fuel. I've logged very nearly every tank Car MPG and actual calculated MPG is within half an MPG on average. Done about 33mpg overall. Best was a 42. But then I am happy sitting on the M40 at 65 for a deliciously stress free drive not getting annoyed at mongs in the outside lane going slower than everyone else.

Overall the car is utterly fantastic, room to spare (estate too), power to spare, looks good, sounds nice enough, comfortable and goes when you ask it to.

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cs.rogers said:

Fully recommended. I have heard and understand the "It's only the primer" comments but in the flesh it looks fantastic.

It’s an awful colour. I wouldn’t be seen dead driving one in that colour....oh wait....:biggrin:

Glad you’re liking the 280.  I agree with everything you said. I’m 6k miles in and I’m still just as excited about the car as I was after that first drive home from the dealers. 

• Like 1

Come on @EddGee the suspense is killing us :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry been a hectic 24 hours sorting everything out with car and work bits. 

Car arrived yesterday lunchtime on back of transporter. Immediately noticed a small groove in the front valance consistent with contact with something on the truck. Possible the winch motor or similar. 

Not a happy bunny. 

Got the delivery lads to acknowledge it and document on sheet, took pics and sent to dealer, as well as phone call to general manager to get it sorted. 

Whole thing overshadowed by that, service hasn’t been done, a nail in the tyre plus interior still smells of stale cigarette smoke. 

Not the best experience. 

Had a reply from dealers, apologising and offering to cover the body/tyre repair, at my local body shop and a service at my nearest dealer when time comes. 

When it it comes to buying a 280 I think I’m jinxed!! 

Other than that the car is lovely. 

12337EAA-137F-49C8-A853-08E5942551D2.jpeg

• Sad 2

Oh FFS.  As if it could happen again!  Sorry to hear this, what a mucking fess.   I bet your vRS was still mint when they picked it up too.  :@

I'm glad the dealers at least committed to sorting you out financially and at least you get to pick who works on the car so the same idiots aren't involved.  I think the dink will be a straight forward SMART repair.  

Well for what it's worth, happy new car!  I hope (once things get sorted) you enjoy it!  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Oh FFS.  As if it could happen again!  Sorry to hear this, what a mucking fess.   I bet your vRS was still mint when they picked it up too.  :@

I'm glad the dealers at least committed to sorting you out financially and at least you get to pick who works on the car so the same idiots aren't involved.  I think the dink will be a straight forward SMART repair.  

Well for what it's worth, happy new car!  I hope (once things get sorted) you enjoy it!  

Going into body shop tomorrow for repair/fill/respray or whatever they need to do. 

They’ve quoted £150(+VAT) to sort it. 

Dealer paying directly. 

Whoever does the PDI’s at Skoda should be reprimanded. 

Thats two independent Skoda franchised dealers that have let me down now. 

Ive lost a lot of trust the first time. This just takes the p!ss. :sadsmile:

On 19/10/2018 at 15:56, Fantantonio said:

Really helpful thank you! Sorry if I'm being thick but can't work out column F in full spec sheet.

Not surprised - that was me comparing to the new Jag XF.

Just delete it.

Sorry about that.

I've got a 272 on order, expected to be my19 and being built this week.

It must have passed WLTP to be sold now and the order form says 272.

I'll update you if I hear anything different!

Edited by doctored

Similar story here, my 272 was due to be built last week, but is already at Emden waiting for a boat. SUK said the 272 is following standard deployment and not impacted by WLTP. (So either that's juat a line to re-assure customers, or it's been tested and just not listed on the ADAC list as it's a new/future car than when it was put together.)

Either way, it looks like they are finally rolling out :-D..... 'cited now!

• Like 2