stupid idea, 2013 hatch VRs to estate VRs

Right i have a july 2013 white VRS hatch, love it and has done 25k now, no issues and only done about a litre of oil..anyway.i have always wanted an estate and in hindsight wish i had chosen one, but when i was looking little were around.

So local dealer has a November 2013 white VRS estate, all the right options, only 7k on clock and its up for £10500.  so i have a year left on my PCP and i am wondering to see how much i will be raped to swap.

So i have emailed the dealer but anyone think this will be mad pricey way of doing it.  Its just ideally i wanted to keep the VRS longer so by time i come to next year i will have less of a choice.  this way i can get the car i want and keep it longer and hopefully the new platform cars will be cheaper ont he used market as i never buy brand new.

• Like 1

Estates rule! Much better than the hatch... IMO!

It will cost you to change..... but how much it will cost largely depends on the settlement figure for your current car.

Who is your finance with? Skoda/VW finance? call them up and get a settlement figure, then get a rough valuation of your car taking into account stealer prices.

Settlement - Car's worth = how much you will get financially raped haha!

• Like 1

It is going to cost you a fair bit to change.

They would retail yours at about £8995 so your PX would be around £7k. So ignoring the finance side and the interest and possible penalties you would be approaching £4k to change I reckon.

I've got an estate and I'm so glad I went for the estate - I'm yet to see another on the road plus I think they look way cooler than the hatch purely because of the 'oddball' look. 

It's a lot of cash just to change though

So ignoring the finance side and the interest and possible penalties you would be approaching £4k to change I reckon.

I wouldn't worry about interest, as it isn't included in a settlement figure.

Unless you mean interest that has already been paid!

If you car is worth 7k to a dealer for example and your settlement figure is 7k, you can effectively 'hand it back' and take out a new PCP with the estate.

You need to find out how much you owe (less the interest) on your current car. If you're in the final year of your PCP, you may be at very least in neutral equity.  

Edited by Ally_bassman
  • Like 1

It is going to cost you a fair bit to change.

They would retail yours at about £8995 so your PX would be around £7k. So ignoring the finance side and the interest and possible penalties you would be approaching £4k to change I reckon.

I've got an estate and I'm so glad I went for the estate - I'm yet to see another on the road plus I think they look way cooler than the hatch purely because of the 'oddball' look. 

It's a lot of cash just to change though

thats the thing i keep seeing one,

however i am also thinking of this.  My settlement figure is 7500 currently as i only paid 10500 for mine last year...lol  ironically retail on mine now would be same figure roughly based on others on market.

but i also get an 18 thousand less miles car with the two option i have wanted since day one  ( rear parking and auto dimming mirror) plus the estate, i am prepared to pay a little for that, so will see what they say.

Plus the hatch is easier for a dealer to sell, but we will see. if they can do it they can if not i wait till next year. just a curisoity i had to get answered.  will post up the answer ( which i am resigned to fact will be a joke) they come back with .....lol

• Like 1

well well well,,,,,,,, it appears my settlement is exactly the same what they would give me for the car.

so his could be a good move, awaiting some finance quotes back but its going to be the same as i pay now roughly and i have a new car

• Like 1

Yeah Estates rule, when i wanted one there was only 5 on the market in February, 1 was on my doorstep which i ended up buying, super rare cars, i prefer the estates look/stance and its way more practical for the upcoming family :)

• Like 1

Does anyone actually know the difference in length, skoda site lists them s the same.....lol

Just been to look at it, front wheels are a little scuffed so may ask to keep my white wheels and let them have the black wheels

Does anyone actually know the difference in length, skoda site lists them s the same.....lol

Just been to look at it, front wheels are a little scuffed so may ask to keep my white wheels and let them have the black wheels

Thats a good price for the car and one I would encourage you snaffle up before someone else does. You can either have the rims refurbished for around £60.00 each or get them to do it as part of the deal. The are only £140ish brand new.

I recently had mine up for sale and had agreed a sale at asking price within a day but subsequently changed my mind in the end (despite murmuring about selling for ages) The callers I had said they specifically wanted an estate and they struggled to find low milers with the later facelift.

I can't give you an exact figure but the boot space is considerably more spacious than the hatch plus you have the roof rails if you want to take a bike or roof box.

ETA - If you remove the VRS badge from the rear most people just think its a 'regular' estate ie non vrs and leave you alone and not try and goad you into a race or whatever. If you wanted though you could easily embarrass them if ragging around is your thing

Thats a good price for the car and one I would encourage you snaffle up before someone else does. You can either have the rims refurbished for around £60.00 each or get them to do it as part of the deal. The are only £140ish brand new.

I recently had mine up for sale and had agreed a sale at asking price within a day but subsequently changed my mind in the end (despite murmuring about selling for ages) The callers I had said they specifically wanted an estate and they struggled to find low milers with the later facelift.

I can't give you an exact figure but the boot space is considerably more spacious than the hatch plus you have the roof rails if you want to take a bike or roof box.

ETA - If you remove the VRS badge from the rear most people just think its a 'regular' estate ie non vrs and leave you alone and not try and goad you into a race or whatever. If you wanted though you could easily embarrass them if ragging around is your thing

i'm booked in to see it and chat grown up money things in the morning, just got to clean mine up beforehand 

Why do Dealers never lsit them properly either, noticed it also has cruise, ( not listed) also has arm rest ( not listed) and also has rear electric windows ( again not listed)  feel guilty about moving from the hatch as its been an amazing car and not done anything wrong so i feel a little bit frivolous doing this, however it makes a lot of sense.

badges will come off i think, but it will have to have a lap of the ring to get its sticker, should be even funnier overtking porsches in a an even more old man car.

Although saying that the Ring ran a yellow VRS estate for 3 years as the main marshall car

12677305364_f9686df873_b.jpg

• Like 1

^^^ that was still there last year , I assume it will be this year, I'll find out next month ;)

nah its gone mate they tend to only run them three years,  the last one an astra estate got written off by a guy i know, he smashed his clio into it....lol

i'm only at 12 trips for the year so far....lol  been nearly two weeks since i was there, getting withdrawal symptoms

• Like 1

Ant FR how have you found your vrs has stood up to the abuse? Have you noticed any adverse effects or mechanical issues? Id say yours was a full cthe ie not one of the earlier 'changeover' cthe that supposedly still had some oil issues.

nah its gone mate they tend to only run them three years,  the last one an astra estate got written off by a guy i know, he smashed his clio into it....lol

i'm only at 12 trips for the year so far....lol  been nearly two weeks since i was there, getting withdrawal symptoms

lol.. just saw the type-r track car in your sig, I have read the topic and know who you are now! lol.....

I only go once a year , I really look forward to it :) we make a proper weekend of it :) bit bothered about ferries at the minute :(

so, you getting it then? :sun:

its not on the for sale site anymore...lol   Just got to wait for them to agree the rate i bashed them to tomorrow when business managers is back in but looks good as done.  They are doing the wheels as on second look its not curbing, its the silly diamond cut lip has corroded

• Like 1

Have the tyres on it been replaced already.

Might suggest it was a pulling to the right car that had new tyres fitted, unless someone used up a pair in 7,000 miles.

nope, its on original dunlop sport max, its funny as its not the fist one i have seen with same marks.  In fact my brothers had it and the dealer refurbed them fully black.  The tyres look ok, but i'll go kumho again when they need replavig, but its only 3 months till winter wheels and tyres will go back on.