What should I choose? TSI 180 or 220

I'll switch to the new Skoda Superb has difficulty choosing engine

One thing is certain and that is that I will have the DSG but then it becomes difficult.

What TSI engine is the nicest and still good economy? Anyone who knows?

Did you mistype your title? The only TSI engines are 125, 150, 220 and 280. There isn't a 180. I assume you mean TSI 150 or TSI 220?

In which case, if you are concerning yourself with economy then the 1.4 TSI 150 would be the obvious chioce. It really depends what you want to use the car for and how you want to drive it.

The following thread has discussed the merits of the 1.4 TSI:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/362802-14-tsi-is-it-powerful-enough/

Edited by l4wrence

Did you mistype your title? The only TSI engines are 125, 150, 220 and 280. There isn't a 180. I assume you mean TSI 150 or TSI 220?

In which case, if you are concerning yourself with economy then the 1.4 TSI 150 would be the obvious chioce. It really depends what you want to use the car for and how you want to drive it.

The following thread has discussed the merits of the 1.4 TSI:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/362802-14-tsi-is-it-powerful-enough/

Really? I thought they got a 1.8TSi 180. Personally ive always preferred the 1.8 over the 2 litre unit for smoothness (ive had VRS 2 litre and 1800cc TSi units but in a big car like the Superb Id probably go for the additional power and torque :)

Sorry Perra79, yes I missed you were not based in the UK. UK markets don't get the 1.8 TSI 180 but European markets do.

As you've said you are going for DSG I guess there is also the question over the difference between the 7 speed in the 1.8 and the 6 speed in the 2.0.

Sorry Perra79, yes I missed you were not based in the UK. UK markets don't get the 1.8 TSI 180 but European markets do.

As you've said you are going for DSG I guess there is also the question over the difference between the 7 speed in the 1.8 and the 6 speed in the 2.0.

No problem :-)
Exactly've heard many horror stories about DQ200 (DSG7)

My previous car was a Superb II 1.8 TSI DSG, and I didn't find any lack of power or punch or whatever.

The Superb III is about 70-80 kg lighter, and the engine has 20 HP more, so it should be quicker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...