What the hell is wrong with people.....?

Finally decided to take the plunge & buy the ex-police V6!!! Cheap, plenty of power & torque. Leaves me plenty of £££ to do a few upgrades!!! Insurance worked out at £190 a year. Being an ex-police vehicle it may also be listed as PLG on the tax meaning £290 a year tax!! So I called the dealer on Sunday, I want to leave a deposit for the car. I'm not in the office just now can you call back on Monday when I'm back at the dealership at about 12? Sure no problem speak to you then. Got my insurance sorted, applied for a loan to buy car - pay off outstanding loan amount, did a HPi check & organised a lift to Birmingham!! Called him today at 12.25. I'm calling to leave a deposit on the V6 Superb. Oh I'm sorry someone already left a deposit! Yeah we spoke yesterday at 11 I said I'd call back to pay the £100. Sorry someone else paid £100 last night they are coming for it over the next few days..... WTF!!!!

So now totally fed up with the whole thing!!

• Like 1

I feel for you

I had a similar experience when trying to buy wheels..be it not on the same scale

Agreed a price

He agreed to arrange a courier

I asked if he wanted a deposit...No..I will sort it after the weekend (Away on a break)...Please ring me on Monday and we'll sort it then

So I rang on Monday...Sorry Ive sold them!

When I said we had a deal he said I never sent him a deposit!! ...LOL

• Like 1

Finally decided to take the plunge & buy the ex-police V6!!! Cheap, plenty of power & torque. Leaves me plenty of £££ to do a few upgrades!!! Insurance worked out at £190 a year. Being an ex-police vehicle it may also be listed as PLG on the tax meaning £290 a year tax!! So I called the dealer on Sunday, I want to leave a deposit for the car. I'm not in the office just now can you call back on Monday when I'm back at the dealership at about 12? Sure no problem speak to you then. Got my insurance sorted, applied for a loan to buy car - pay off outstanding loan amount, did a HPi check & organised a lift to Birmingham!! Called him today at 12.25. I'm calling to leave a deposit on the V6 Superb. Oh I'm sorry someone already left a deposit! Yeah we spoke yesterday at 11 I said I'd call back to pay the £100. Sorry someone else paid £100 last night they are coming for it over the next few days..... WTF!!!!

So now totally fed up with the whole thing!!

Sorry to hear.

On another note, Leon was asking if you were on Briskoda FB yesterday. ;)

• Like 1

I'm actually getting fed up of looking at cars.... And I never thought I'd say that. As I'm so far North I've decided to look at other makes & models too. All the Superbs I've looked at have been great, but just don't leave me moved!! Time to step up the game

Sorry to hear you missed out on that V6.....at least you have cash to go. 

If not a V6 Superb what else are you thinking of?

Money talks

BS walks

he who snoozes -- loozes

But he didn't snooze though. He offered the deposit, and the dealer didn't accept it because he wasn't in his office. If the dealer had had any decency he would have given the guy his sort code and account number and told him to transfer the deposit OR waited one trading day to see if the buyer was genuine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you read around on here, many members have complained that when selling a car they are fed up with a procession of time wasters, tyre kickers and no-shows,

It's exactly the same problem on a larger scale for dealers. (I worked for a while for a Renault dealer)

TBH if i was a dealer in Birmingham and somebody rang on a Sunday, from 300+ miles away in Scotland, full of promises and offers of a deposit, I'd be wary of the likelihood of a sale.

Follow that up a bit later with a punter in person, with the deposit cash in his hand, and I know who I would hold it for.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or unpleasant, but I'm afraid that is the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

TBH if i was a dealer in Birmingham and somebody rang on a Sunday, from 300+ miles away in Scotland, full of promises and offers of a deposit, I'd be wary of the likelihood of a sale.

Why? If you take a £100 deposit with the agreement that if the punter doesn't turn up within x amount of days (you agree the time between you) then the deposit is lost. If someone else then calls and is interested, you would just tell them that a deposit has been taken, but if the buyer doesn't turn up within the agreed time period then I will call you back. If the car is that good a deal, I'm sure the second buyer would wait. I know I would. That is the whole idea of a deposit. To secure the purchase until the sale can be completed. If the original buyer doesn't turn up, you have just earned £100 for nothing. Win/win as far as I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happended to me when I was trying to get a car for my father. Phoned the dealer to see if the car was still in stock which it was. Said i would be there first thing and was told to come at 12pm instead. Turned up with the cash in my pocket and as long as the car was as described I was going to buy it. Was told that the car was sold that morning! Plus they were so disinterested that they did not even see if they could offer me an alternative. So I walked away as clearly they did not need my business.