The Superb III Picture thread

I think I read earlier that you got a much better price for the Zeniths & purchased your tyre separately - what size of tyre goes with them? I'm thinking anthracite might go well with the Business Grey car I've ordered.

Four wheels came to £868, which I ordered through the dealership.

Tyres are Syron Everest 1 Plus 235/45 R18 98W XL, £272 for four, ordered online from tyreleader.

These were the highest speed rated winter tyres I could find as I didn't want to be speed-restricted on the autobahn when road conditions are good - and they're quieter than the factory fitted Pirelli Cinturato "summer" tyres.

Total cost for wheels & tyres was £1140.

The Anthracite Zenith wheels, part number 3V0 071 498C HA7, are the same price.

Correction: Wheels were £744 for four, plus four tyres at £272, plus free fitting by dealer, equals £1,016 total.

Edited by BillyJim
  • Like 1

I have been using Tyreleader for a couple of years now, highly recommended.

I am going to fit my winter tyres, (Continental Winter Contact TS 850 P from tyreleader £554 delvered) to the wheels already on the car and I was thinking of picking up a set of wheels for the summer tyres from a one of the Skoda agents in Germany, ordered online, next March when I am next there.

Anyone had experience of doing somethin like this?

• Like 1

Anyone had experience of doing somethin like this?

Not for wheels - I wouldn't have room with the amount of stuff I take and bring back to/from Germany.

In early September I walked into the local Škoda dealership in Magdeburg and asked for the hatchback reversible boot mat that wasn't currently available in the UK (the Superb III hadn't even been officially launched in the UK).

It wasn't in stock but they were able to get one by the following day.

This hadn't been pre-ordered - just German efficiency!!!

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a set of Pegasus Anthracite Alloys to replacethe standard Pegasus for mine. Probably cost €1,000 or so but I think they will look really well with the Candy White. I can sell the Standard Alloys privately afterwards. Am I mad?? What do guys think?

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a set of Pegasus Anthracite Alloys to replacethe standard Pegasus for mine. Probably cost €1,000 or so but I think they will look really well with the Candy White. I can sell the Standard Alloys privately afterwards. Am I mad?? What do guys think?

Save a fortune and just get the existing wheels refinished in anthracite.

Save a fortune and just get the existing wheels refinished in anthracite.

I don't think any alloy wheel shop here would be able to do it (unless someone can recommend someone ) all they will do here is spray the wheel all the one colour which I don't want.

I don't know where you are sorry. Plenty of wheel refinishers in the uk who could finish them in any colour/look I'm sure the same skills exist where you are.

See to the left of his post!

• Like 1

Cappuccino with the 18" Zenith Bronze wheels (3V0 071 498D HZ9).

Those are my winter wheels/tyres. I ordered them unseen with a certain amount of trepidation. They may not be to everybody's liking but I'm highly delighted with them.

They were actually quite filthy when I took this photo and needed a wash after the recent foul weather we've had but the dirt just doesn't show until you get up very close, so for me they'll be ideal for winter use.

DSC00428_zpsziwxqgga.jpg

They look great with the Cappuccino.

I've ordered my SE-L with Pegasus wheels...already decided to have mine refurbed in anthracite/diamond cut like the L&K if/when they receive any curb damage. Mine will be Business Grey, and I think dark wheels will really suit it.

• Like 1

First pictures of the car on the first morning of ownership, will post some more when I have added the mudflaps and a couple of other extras.

Cimg4309.jpg

Cimg4310.jpg

Cimg4311.jpg

• Like 4

Looking at the brochure and the online configurator it seems the anthracite wheels are standard, you have to specify silver which I did not!

Dealers are telephoning me today to see how I am getting on with the car, I think I will see if I can get them changed.

the petrol blue looks really good doesn't it. It was my first choice but I changed my mind when I saw the colour on an Octavia on a crappy day weatherwise at the dealership and it didn't "pop" at me. Kind of wish I had stuck to my guns and gone ahead with it now :dull:

First pictures of the car on the first morning of ownership, will post some more when I have added the mudflaps and a couple of other extras.

Cimg4309.jpg

Cimg4310.jpg

Cimg4311.jpg

That looks lovely and the petrol blue doesn't look as green as I thought it would. I assume you chose the silver Pegasus wheels as an option?

the petrol blue looks really good doesn't it. It was my first choice but I changed my mind when I saw the colour on an Octavia on a crappy day weatherwise at the dealership and it didn't "pop" at me. Kind of wish I had stuck to my guns and gone ahead with it now :dull:

Almost exactly the same story from me, but it was an Octavia estate on the road on a dull day. Ho-hum, I'm sure the business grey will look good, too.

I assume you chose the silver Pegasus wheels as an option?

No I wanted the standard anthracite ones, gotta sort that out with the dealer.

Almost exactly the same story from me, but it was an Octavia estate on the road on a dull day. Ho-hum, I'm sure the business grey will look good, too.

Well I went for the business grey and it looks good.

Edited by Juvehero