Rear leak continues - is this fixed in new Fabias?

maffwilson

Well as per a number of other threads in this bit of Briskoda, the vRS is still leaking from the rear driver's side door and experimented with a bucket of water when washing it this morning. :grumpy: Lo and behold the door card gets wet and water trickles out...

It wasn't fixed by the garage this time around because they only fiddled with the rear passenger door not the driver's! How do I know this, well, when I cleaned the car this morning saw that the door card clips are broken and it's loose on that side :mad: Bet that's where a rattle is coming from I also noticed this week...

Re-reading the job print out I was given and seeing 'NSR' instead of 'OSR' probably confirms it... :rolleyes:

As to the musty smell, now disgused by Febreze, which does make it smell nice at the moment

Out of interest, is this problem fixed in new Fabias (mine's 04 plate)?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had the leaks on my Fabia vRS fixed. They replaced all of the ancillary carriers. This fix appears to have worked as the car no longer mists up when stood ....... and for the first time since owning the car I have not had to use the air-con on to keep the screen clear.

Sorry if this is a little off topic but:

A good tip is to keep photographic evidence of the problems as and when the happen, make a point of dating any photos taken and annotate where necessary. This information will really help your dealer fix any problems and is very useful if in the unfortunate event you fall into dispute.

If you do run into problems here is a link to trading standards: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV0046-1011.txt

It may appear a little harsh to start quoting this, but it is always good to know your rights.

:cool:

• 5 months later...

some do leak some dont there is a sealing cord now to be used. the door carriers come off and the sealing cord is applied and then the door carriers are reffitted. this works well and usually sorts the problem.

Fixed both rear doors on mine myself over the last week or so. Fitted threaded inserts and screws instead of the skoda rivets to help with future disassembly. Also addressed a few rattle issues while the door cards were off, so its all dry and rattle free now :cool: You will probably need a few spare trim clips, as a couple broke on both sides of mine.

Keep taking it back to the dealer if they don't get it right, its not a particularly difficult job if your thorough and carefull.

Ive a very early 2000 model (built jan 2000) and it has no leaks so far , I do know 2 other local fabia owners whos cars leaked from new tho , both Y platers and both estates.

Fixed both rear doors on mine myself over the last week or so. Fitted threaded inserts and screws instead of the skoda rivets to help with future disassembly. Also addressed a few rattle issues while the door cards were off' date=' so its all dry and rattle free now :cool: You will probably need a few spare trim clips, as a couple broke on both sides of mine.

Keep taking it back to the dealer if they don't get it right, its not a particularly difficult job if your thorough and carefull.[/quote']

Did you use the guide on here?

Did you use the guide on here?

I did use your guide. It tells you all you need to know. :thumbup:

I also removed the rear chrome door lock pins and asssociated rods that work it while I was in there. It made reassembly a lot easier and has got rid of a faint rattle from that area.

I've got a 8 week old 06 plate, and sometimes it does smell a little bit musty in the mornings, is the door card the plasticy/fabricy thing on the inside of the door where the handle is.

I'm washing it tonight weather permitting and if i know what to look for I can post whether it leaks tomorrow.

tia

Thought mine was leaking recently (54 plate), but it turned out that the connector between the two sections of rear wash-wipe pipe had come apart. 2-second job once I found it - it will only make the NSR door card and footwell wet, by the way. I have noticed traces of moisture (more like condensation) in the past on the door seals of both rear doors at the bottom, but it doesn't wet the door cards. I think this might just be because the rear doors aren't opened as often as the front ones...?

Yep. Mine Leaks. Has Got The Sealing Band That You Talk About Above.

Fixed One Door Already By Using Some Silconce Sealant Then Refit The Metal Membrane To The Door.got The Rest To Do. When It Doesnt Rain!!!!