Snetterton 300 - Full Open Pit Lane Day - £80 (Nov 9th)

BossFox

Need a track toy for this, dammit!

My daily was lucky enough to emerge unscathed from the National. Not got the nerve to put it through more of the same. :-(

With the exception of the one prang by the daft Ginetta driver at the National every car came away unscathed.

Every car has also come away unscathed from every other Briskoda track day I've ever been to, and I've been doing these for over three years.

You weren't lucky to come away unscathed from the National.

That's what normally happens.

Please don't put people off what is usually a safe and fun day out, with a very small risk.

I've been on around 30 track days in the last three years and seen one car to car accident.

30 x 50 cars = 1,500 cars on track days to 1 accident.  Pretty good odds.

There is always track day insurance...

• Like 2

With the exception of the one prang by the daft Ginetta driver at the National every car came away unscathed.

Every car has also come away unscathed from every other Briskoda track day I've ever been to, and I've been doing these for over three years.

You weren't lucky to come away unscathed from the National.

That's what normally happens.

Please don't put people off what is usually a safe and fun day out, with a very small risk.

I've been on around 30 track days in the last three years and seen one car to car accident.

30 x 50 cars = 1,500 cars on track days to 1 accident.  Pretty good odds.

There is always track day insurance...

Track days are the only way to explore both yourself and your cars capabilities. I'm a bit of a veteran although not particularly fast. My first track day was back in 1989 and since then have done on average four per year. ( waits for the why are you so slow comments then )

It's so much safer on track than the public highway. And as Bossfox says track day insurance is available.

• Like 1

Does it cost anything to come watch?

Tom if you fancy coming along go for it, I'm about to check with Richard about adding another one of my cars on, thus booking another spot (for Matt) so you're more than welcome to grab a driver pass and jump in and drive the Clio.

Need a track toy for this, dammit!

My daily was lucky enough to emerge unscathed from the National. Not got the nerve to put it through more of the same. :-(

As everyone else has said not lucky at all - it was just one moment of stupidity on track that unfortunately ended badly. More often than not, if you're safe and respect others - others do the same to you. 

Alright, point taken. Not my intention of putting others off, as it is great fun and I would encourage others to participate in a heartbeat. Even more so if you've never done one.

Doesn't take away the fact I need one generous soul loan me their Ariel Atom for the day, though. :-)

• Like 1

1. Richard (Yeti or R32 GT-R)

2. Gee (R32 GT-R)

3. Peter (Octy VRS)

4. Danny (Fabia VRS)

5. Steve (Fabia VRS)

6. Skippy (Octy VRS)

7. Paul (R34 GT-R or MX5)

8. Ben (Fabia VRS)

9. Will (R32 GT-R)

10. Jonathan (Octy VRS)

How long would it take to drive to Snetterton from South Essex, & what are the opening / closing times?

TIA, DC.

2 hours travelling time from South Essex. Postcode for sat nav is NR16 2JU

TIMETABLE

07:30 Signing On

08:30 Briefing

09:00 Track Time Begins

12:00 Lunch

13:00 Track Time Restarts

DUSK Track Time Ends

2 hours travelling time from South Essex. Postcode for sat nav is NR16 2JU

TIMETABLE

07:30 Signing On

08:30 Briefing

09:00 Track Time Begins

12:00 Lunch

13:00 Track Time Restarts

DUSK Track Time Ends

Thanks for the info, might be a little early for me............

How long would it take to drive to Snetterton from South Essex, & what are the opening / closing times?

TIA, DC. 

Depends where in South Essex, it's only an hour and  half or so from the Darford Crossing, M25 -> M11 -> A11.  Easy run, around 95 miles.

Signing on starts from 7:30, but the latest you can arrive is for the briefing at 8:30am.

You can sign on after that if you are running close to the briefing time.

1. Richard (Yeti or R32 GT-R)
2. Gee (R32 GT-R)
3. Peter (Octy VRS)
4. Danny (Fabia VRS)
5. Steve (Fabia VRS)
6. Skippy (Octy VRS)
7. Paul (R34 GT-R or MX5)
8. Ben (Fabia VRS)
9. Will (R32 GT-R)
10. Jonathan (Octy VRS)

11. Ross (Exige)