Superb III Sportline

I'll take it, now release the trim specs please!

Sad note, wife has vetoed th r waffle design Alcantara seats which I kinda liked. Here's hoping they do a full leather trim version as she said she might go for that. Might.... what chance have I got.

The video in this link shows the steering wheel but still no views on the seats.

http://auto.idnes.cz/skoda-superb-sportline-0vk-/automoto.aspx?c=A150915_120605_automoto_fdv

So above what the press have already announced it looks like it gets:

Alcantara waffle weave seats / Alcantara door cards

Flat bottom perforated leather steering wheel

Boot spoiler and mirrors (in black)

Tinted rear lights

What do we reckon price wise, between the SE and SE L exec or between SE L exec and L&K?

Nice clip of the hatch.

http://auto.idnes.cz/skoda-superb-sportline-0vk-/automoto.aspx?c=A150915_120605_automoto_fdv

That vid was posted 4 posts back ! Are you on the right thread ? :-D !

The more I look at this model the more I'm glad I ordered the L&K (IMHO). Most of what's offered on this model I bet you can pop easily onto the standard car except perhaps for the suspension. You can already get those wheels as an accessory. Same goes for the pedals. I bet the gear knob, trim and steering wheel could be retro fitted too. The L&K already gets rear tint. Maybe the sportline is a little darker?

The only thing that I was hoping to see something really different was the seats and that waffle thing isn't doing it for me. Rather disappointing.

I like the wheels n steering wheel, don't care much for the black pack as I'll (SWMBO orders) be picking a darker colour so it would be wasted on it.

If I get my way (likely I won't) I'll be having white or silver so it might look alright.

Apologies for my previous post but the question I am (still) curious about is....What do we reckon price wise, between the SE and SE L exec or between SE L exec and L&K?

There is already a page on the skoda web page(not UK) but no real mention of price or actual equipment levels.

Pretty sure it's going to be a good few k less than an L&K and its aim is to attract a different type of customer to the superb.

Whilst the speculation continues when do we think one might be able to order such a steed?

Edited by jamiemad
  • Like 1

Apologies for my previous post but the question I am (still) curious about is....What do we reckon price wise, between the SE and SE L exec or between SE L exec and L&K?

Here's hoping it is around the SE or SE Business / to half way to SE L spec.

As for options, the top smart xenons and all the road assist gubins, screw the fancy options. Function over luxury please with a price to match.

The more I look at this model the more I'm glad I ordered the L&K (IMHO). Most of what's offered on this model I bet you can pop easily onto the standard car except perhaps for the suspension. You can already get those wheels as an accessory. Same goes for the pedals. I bet the gear knob, trim and steering wheel could be retro fitted too. The L&K already gets rear tint. Maybe the sportline is a little darker?

The only thing that I was hoping to see something really different was the seats and that waffle thing isn't doing it for me. Rather disappointing.

I think the seats are the big difference. Look at the screenshot I have attached, it looks like the top half of the seat has wings ala RS6.

I certainly hope so because they (the RS6 seats) look lovely.

034e18747639233f9d39e3f1505ce733.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So above what the press have already announced it looks like it gets:

Alcantara waffle weave seats / Alcantara door cards

Flat bottom perforated leather steering wheel

Boot spoiler and mirrors (in black)

Tinted rear lights

On looking closer those seats look mighty familiar as in they are my Octy 3 VRS seats retrimed in Alcantara. Comfy but no way to attach tablet holders to the back of them without straps. I'll still take them.

You're right, seats are quite different. Look a bit odd to me.

Skoda_Superb_Combi_SportLine_zive_VW_Nig

Apart from some minor detailing and the trim material, they are indeed Octy 3 VRS seats. If it weren't for the manic rain outside I'd go & double check. They will do nicely thank you.

I saw one at a campsite near Eurodisney at the start of the summer hols. I had no idea what is was at first till I had a good look, I thought the sportline badge was nicked of another car. I does look good in the flesh.

• Like 1

I think the seats are the big difference. Look at the screenshot I have attached, it looks like the top half of the seat has wings ala RS6.

I certainly hope so because they (the RS6 seats) look lovely.

034e18747639233f9d39e3f1505ce733.jpg

They Windows surrounds are also painted in Black like the mirrors!

I recon it will be a couple of thousand less than the L&K for the simple fact that its available in 1.4 where as the L&K is pitched a bit higher with min 1.8 petrol or 2.0 tdi. The in the photo's has electric seats - so assuming they are standard along with the full size sat nav I'd guess it will be above SE L spec or Style spec here in Ireland - might make it too expensive to be a big seller

I really like the overall look, absolutely love the vrs style seats (though I wonder how they will look in 3 or 4 years?) and a lot of styling is cool, like the black window surrounds and interior trim. If I could afford to trade up I think its would be the spec I'd try to go for - my dealer (in Dublin) thinks it will be available here but had no idea when or what it will cost

Think S Line Audis folks. This is simply Skodas take on it.

That started life as an add on option against any engine/trim level i think - it's now a fully fledged trim line it's self, sitting one above the SE.

That started life as an add on option against any engine/trim level i think - it's now a fully fledged trim line it's self, sitting one above the SE.

But according to the article above, if I have read it correctly, the Sportline will be available on all engines except the smallest petrol and the smallest diesel, therefor available with the same engines as the SE, SE L Exec and L+K, so pretty much inline with the S Line Audi.

• Like 1