Superb III Sportline

Don't know on this one as with the octavia vrs 230 skoda were saying the uk wouldn't get it for a very long time.

I don't know what to do now as my superb is due in the next 2 months(already waited 3) but would prefer a sportline.

If its 'available in June/July, you'll be lucky to have it by xmas 2016. I was told repeatedly that the current Superb would be available in March of this year. It was nearly September before they had any prices/specs

• 2 weeks later...

Sportline production is already scheaduled to start from week 22 (last week of may) so it shouldn't take up to christmas to receive one. And you most likely can put in your order a month or two before that. In that timetable first cars would probably hit the streets in late june.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is sportline, no doubt this is best looking skoda ever, polish and czech forums are full of positive comments about this csr and its lookslike this will be a fUntastic performance car in affordable price, what can i say

...well fcking done Skoda!

• Like 1

Just seems to be cosmetics and lowered suspension, would have liked them to add the variable rack steering as used in the VRS,GTI etc.

Interesting you mention the variable steering rack. Motoring journos tend to hate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting you mention the variable steering rack. Motoring journos tend to hate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Odd that as I enjoy only having to turn my wheel a 1/4 turn on a 90° turn. Not going to enjoy going back to slow arse steering in my due to arrive in May Superb mkIII.

I wanted a Sportline but couldn't wait that long unfortunately. Maybe next time.

Does anyone want to hazard a guess or speculate what the likely standard equipment will be and where it will fit into range cost wise. Will it be SE spec plus additional sport line spec or closer to SE L executive spec?

..... on a SE (which is likely what the Sportline will be based on if the Octavia vRS is anything to go by??) 

The SE L is what used to be an Elegance, the Elegance was higher specced than a vRS, so I stand by my comment that I think it will be based on the SE then gain a few styling touches. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like twin exhausts for 280 and pseudo "chrome trim" exhaust for others - as per Mercedes C class.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-18 at 07.11.jpg

I could find no mention of it on the UK web site but on the German site it states available as of May 2016.

All the photos I've seen of the "Sportline" are white, but hopefully it won't be any colour you like so long as it's white.

When comparing the yellow-green coloured similar-but-not-the-same Superb 280 shown in Geneva with the current white Sportline pictures - I wonder if you'll get stitching matching the body colour?

I'd be slightly concerned how long that white stitching stays white.

I'm sure the Sportline will appeal to many but I'm in the prefer-the-elegant-demure-look camp.

Got some close up shots of the diffuser trim (this is on a 190 TDi)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%2016.46.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%2016.47.

It looks like it will also use the L&K dash (or at least this one was based on a L&K??) as the cream detail is on the speedo and rev counter:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%2016.47.

https://youtu.be/0E2nZ3H12Lg

I'm now wondering if the lowered suspension units will be compatible on my L&K with the DCC? The Combi looks pretty sweet dropped, even if it is only 15mm. I'd like mine a bit more nimble through the twisty bits and this might just help?

DCC is already 10 mm lower than standard, sport is 15 mm lower than standard, so there is only 5 mm difference between DCC and sport.

Is that a fact - what is the source of this information?

Is that a fact - what is the source of this information?

It is stated in the Finnish accessory price list. 

http://web.skoda.fi/lataukset/uusi-superb/superb/skoda-superb-lisavarustehinnasto.pdf

PFB=sport, 15 mm matalampi maavara = 15 mm lower ground clearance

PFC=DCC, 10 mm matalampi maavara = 10 mm lower ground clearance

Edited by snuuba
  • Like 1

It is stated in the Finnish accessory price list. 

http://web.skoda.fi/lataukset/uusi-superb/superb/skoda-superb-lisavarustehinnasto.pdf

PFB=sport, 15 mm matalampi maavara = 15 mm lower ground clearance

PFC=DCC, 10 mm matalampi maavara = 10 mm lower ground clearance

Interesting - thanks for sharing this info, I was unaware that it lowered the car compared to the standard suspension.

Edited by thepook

I just don’t get this thing about trying to turn big barges like the Superb into ‘sports’ cars. It sounds almost as pathetic to me as the concept of a Range Rover ‘Sport’. Yeah right; what kind of sport is that exactly?

You can lower and stiffen vehicles like these all you like – and way beyond what most people would regard as acceptable for everyday use on public roads – and you’d still find they’re rubbish around twisty bits. Besides, twisty bits on public roads are more often than not blind or have many other major potential hazards. Truly pushing the limits in any road legal car in this environment is obviously very dangerous. But take even most cars that are commonly regarded as ‘sports cars’ onto a track – the only safe, sane and also satisfying place to do this – and you’d find them pretty useless around the twisty bits there, too.

For me sport on four wheels belongs on a track in something built and fit for purpose. There are, incidentally, ways to do this that many people would find surprisingly affordable. It has the added benefit of taking away the urge to push so hard on public roads; apart, of course, from teaching a lot about how vehicles behave at or beyond their limits.

• Like 2