Broker purchasing experiences

No issues with getting up to Brum, I'm based in Berkshire. Would prefer not to have someone else driving it tbh, I'll let you know what I find out. Did you get any indication of the trailered cost?

Cheers

Rory

Not yet, will hopefully get an idea of cost today.

I too would prefer not to have someone else drive it - doubt they'd treat it with the same care as I would!

I'm being told by Jigsaw that I cannot collect despite being told by c2c that I could. It's a real shame because things started off really well with c2c but it feels like we've been passed on to the finance company now and c2c are out of the loop and/or have little influence on future steps in this process.

things started off really well with c2c but it feels like we've been passed on to the finance company now and c2c are out of the loop and/or have little influence on future steps in this process.

I too thought it was a bit off to be informed by Jigsaw that Škoda had cancelled my order, I had to phone c2c to get this confirmed.

I bought my most recent car through drivethedeal.com. I'm not sure how they compare on price to c2c, but I can recommend them on ease of use. Apart from requesting the quote and confirming the order, you deal directly with the dealer from then on to pay deposit, confirm order etc. So it's very simple, and you have a direct contact for things like order update, shipping status etc. Car can be picked up from dealer, or delivered by them at no cost. No third party or finance company gets in the way.

cheers, Steve

After reading a few popsts about New Car Discount, I did start wondering whether I'd made the right choice going with coast2coast.

So I filled in the NCD web form to request a quote for the same spec / options (including the 5yr warranty, which I had to ask for separately as there's no option on the web form).

Relieved to find that the NCD price is around £500 more than the price I got from c2c, even after adding on c2c's trailered delivery charge - so I'm not feeling the need for any rash decisions / cancellations :)

DtD don't offer Superbs for some reason.

Edit: I just called them and they say they're still awaiting pricing on the new model. I wonder how much business they've lost to ncd & C2C

Edited by thewinelake

After reading a few popsts about New Car Discount, I did start wondering whether I'd made the right choice going with coast2coast.

So I filled in the NCD web form to request a quote for the same spec / options (including the 5yr warranty, which I had to ask for separately as there's no option on the web form).

Relieved to find that the NCD price is around £500 more than the price I got from c2c, even after adding on c2c's trailered delivery charge - so I'm not feeling the need for any rash decisions / cancellations :)

NCD worked out very slightly cheaper for my 190 DSG L&K, with the added bonus of a free trailered delivery.

• Like 1

I have today ordered through NCD although I didn't recheck offers from anyone else this time.

I had to cancel my dealer offer as the 0% PCP with Skoda Finance both me and the salesman thought was the case turned out to be 2.9% APR which although currently pretty good rate nevertheless pushed the deal £1500 (approx.) out of the ball park.

I spent more than 5 hours with the dealer including travelling but arrangements with NCD took less than 15 minutes and resulted in a saving of at least £1500 on a deal which originally I thought was quite good, even after the inevitable slight reduction in the P/ex offer after another month has passed, plus  the inevitable additional prospective lead times. At least I got my (re)order in before tomorrow's official launch although I be surprised if any of the UK's order takers manage to take any!

Only disadvantage so far is I can't go online to check progress.

If the rest of the process goes as smoothly I will only be able to recommend it.

• Like 1

I have today ordered through NCD although I didn't recheck offers from anyone else this time.

I had to cancel my dealer offer as the 0% PCP with Skoda Finance both me and the salesman thought was the case turned out to be 2.9% APR which although currently pretty good rate nevertheless pushed the deal £1500 (approx.) out of the ball park.

I spent more than 5 hours with the dealer including travelling but arrangements with NCD took less than 15 minutes and resulted in a saving of at least £1500 on a deal which originally I thought was quite good, even after the inevitable slight reduction in the P/ex offer after another month has passed, plus the inevitable additional prospective lead times. At least I got my (re)order in before tomorrow's official launch although I be surprised if any of the UK's order takers manage to take any!

Only disadvantage so far is I can't go online to check progress.

If the rest of the process goes as smoothly I will only be able to recommend it.

Sounds like the dealer didn't have much of a clue - there was a 0% pcp deal on the mk ii Superb, never on the mk iii.

Sounds like the dealer didn't have much of a clue - there was a 0% pcp deal on the mk ii Superb, never on the mk iii.

To be honest neither did I until MandP on here pointed my obsessed nose in the right direction.

To be fair to the localish dealer they agreed to cancel the contract and refund my deposit although in reality they had no option other than to lose the £1500 which the hugely expensive and otherwise useless Sales Manager hidden out the back couldn't  or wouldn't do.

Dealers are such a waste of space and added cost!!!!!!!

It can't be long before we have simple demo stations and on line sales points...PLEEEEEESE!!!!!!

Edit: Just realised in fact we already do :notme:

Having been away from this forum for a long time since buying my Octavia I'm back again for help buying a Superb.

Think I've read most of the new Superb threads and the idea of buying from a broker seems pretty interesting. I've been to my local dealer and had a test drive in their newly arrived L&K 190 dsg estate and want one :)

I was thinking of the S EL executive 190 DSG and from a list of £30,555 with metallic and spare wheel they would go to £28,300 for cash purchase. NCD who I discovered from this thread will do it for £23,830. Carwow have come back with prices that are + or- a few hundred of the local dealers price.

I could even go to the L&K from NCD and pay £1k less than the dealer price for the SEL.

So it comes down to trusting new-car-discount. I've deliberately avoided review sites for references as they could be fake. Looking for forum posts (here and elsewhere) of successful completed transactions they seem hard to find and previous requests here (not by me) don't have replies. I've looked at what financials I can see for free on line and they are a plc with 14M turnover making 1.3M profit and been around since 2003. On scoobynet I found a thread saying they went bust in 2006 but could not confirm that anywhere so maybe its someone else.

I've seen that others have placed orders and the deposit is only £500 which can be on credit card so no worries there, but balance 24hrs before delivery means bank transfer without seeing the car first. Just looking for some reassurance...

Thanks.

Edited by RobertP

The last 2 Skodas Ive purchased I have obtained the best deal I could from a broker, then obtained a list of dealers from Skoda & rung around the local dealers until I found one to match it or in one case beat it by £50. I always prefer a face to face deal & after all brokers only use  a deal they have negotiated with a dealer. It just takes a little effort . Try near the end of the month / quarter as sometimes that gets a bit more off

You could try Carfile. My local came close to matching the Carfile quote so I went with them, but even so, Carfile put you in touch with an actaul dealer when you go through with the order like Carwow. I Found Carwow quotes very poor when I tried.

I don't know what it was but my gut wasn't wanting to take an online sale without any apparrent dealer involvement. Probably just me being old fashioned!

Edited by l4wrence

Does one actually pay the balance to NCD? The way it works with other such brokers (like DriveTheDeal) is that you pay them a deposit but then deal with a UK dealer. DTD are still waiting for prices on the Superb...

Just an FYI, You give your deposit payment details to dtd, but the dealer processes the payment and provides the receipt.

The last 2 Skodas Ive purchased I have obtained the best deal I could from a broker, then obtained a list of dealers from Skoda & rung around the local dealers until I found one to match it or in one case beat it by £50. I always prefer a face to face deal & after all brokers only use  a deal they have negotiated with a dealer. It just takes a little effort . Try near the end of the month / quarter as sometimes that gets a bit more off

Personally, I don't see the point of all the hard work. Not knocking it, but for me it's was easier to order with a few clicks.

cheers, Steve

In my dealings with NCD they state they buy in bulk to get discount directly from Skoda, not via dealers.