Maximum space accepted by Bolero?

SDXC cards are supposed to be able to go up to 2 TB. USB mass storage devices don't appear to have an explicit maximum limit, so as USB hard discs are supported I would expect the limit to be at least in the multi terabyte region.

The manual doesn't state any explicit limit but we can get 2 TB from the SDXC standard. For USB devices, the limit comes from supported filesystems (FAT16, VFAT, FAT32, NTFS) so it's theoretically much larger than today's devices with FAT32 and NTFS, although there might be limitations in the actual implementation.

Edited by Mardu

I have a 128gb SD in both the Bolero I had, and now the Amundsen (Both 2013). Works fine, as long as you keep albums seperate. Dont just throw all your mp3s in one folder!

Edited by Mikebham

• 2 months later...

I threw over 40GB worth of mp3s (which included several thousand mp3s + over a hundred of albums-folders) on an 128GB SDXC card today and it works in my Fabia III Bolero.

HOWEVER, it only seems to display a limited number of songs, though. In my case, it stopped at some song starting with letter R (the mp3s are listed in alphabetical order), which means it actually only recognized cca. 29GB worth of music, as I found out after removing the remaining songs after the letter R.

After removing those songs from my SD card I still ended up with 1000+ mp3s altogether, so it's a bit confusing Bolero would still recognize them since in the manual it states: "In the folder list there are max. 1000 files / folders displayed in alphabetical order."

Any ideas?

I threw over 40GB worth of mp3s (which included several thousand mp3s + over a hundred of albums-folders) on an 128GB SDXC card today and it works in my Fabia III Bolero.

HOWEVER, it only seems to display a limited number of songs, though. In my case, it stopped at some song starting with letter R (the mp3s are listed in alphabetical order), which means it actually only recognized cca. 29GB worth of music, as I found out after removing the remaining songs after the letter R.

After removing those songs from my SD card I still ended up with 1000+ mp3s altogether, so it's a bit confusing Bolero would still recognize them since in the manual it states: "In the folder list there are max. 1000 files / folders displayed in alphabetical order."

Any ideas?

Did you just put thousands of files in the same folder?

I think you need to split them up several folders with up to 1000 files in each folder

Did you just put thousands of files in the same folder?

I think you need to split them up several folders with up to 1000 files in each folder

After I removed the songs/album folders coming after the letter R (i.e. the ones that wouldn't show up on Bolero), I'm left with cca. 29GB worth of music on my SD card, which amounts to 227 albums (folders with 10+ mp3s in each of them) + 906 individual mp3s. So altogether there must be over 3,000 mp3s on the entire card.

Doing some research last night I found a thread on this forum where another user wrote:

Found in the new Seat Leon 3 Radio Manual, which is pretty much the same as the Octavia's:
(translated from french)
Memory cards type :
- SD and MMC formatted in FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, xFAT or VFAT file system (up to Go (gigaoctets)
- SDHC and SDXC Cards.

– Digital audio Specifications: 
– Bitrate 160 kbit/s (recommended) up to a maximum of 320 kbit/s, with 48 kHz sampling frequency.
– Formats : MPEG-1 et -2 Layer-3 (.mp3), Windows Media 8 et 9 (.wma, .asf).
– Playlists formats : M3U, PLS, ASX, B4S y WPL.

– For Memory Cards : maximum of 4 000 files per media, and 1 000 file per folder.

Some Leon users claim to have exceeded these limits, but this possibly slow down the system as it will take more time to scan the content of the card and display it. You have to test and see whether your user experience is affected or not...

So I guess 4,000 files altogether is the limit?

Edited by jon15

Unfortunately I don't have the car with the bolero in any more, but I did have the same card as I had in that in my Amundsen now and pretty sure. I'll have a go tomorrow, but not had any problems so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have the car with the bolero in any more, but I did have the same card as I had in that in my Amundsen now and pretty sure. I'll have a go tomorrow, but not had any problems so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I see. If possible, could you make a little experiment?

1. Select the "Tracks" option on your Amundsen so that it displays all the tracks on the SD card rather than folders and try scrolling all the way down.

2. Check what song appears at the very bottom of the list. Assuming it displays all 16004 songs, the songs at the bottom of the list will probably be those starting with Y or Z?

Another experiment: to make Amundsen display all your folders only. Does the folder at the bottom of the list correspond with the one on the actual card?

Edited by jon15

UPDATE: I put 90GB worth of music on my 128GB SD card and this time Bolero seemed to recognize all of it from A-Z!

I put over 400 folders (albums) with 10+ songs in each folder + a couple folders with almost 1000 mp3s in each.

So apparently the whole trick is really in putting your music in folders with up to 1000 mp3s and there won't be a problem. Which is really good news!

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to post back before.... I had a look and they seemed to all be there  A to Y (I haven't got any albums with an artist starting in z!)

No problem. I'm getting a 256GB SD card for x-mas so that I can just throw my entire collection on there and have extra space left if needed in the future.

I'm just hoping it will work just like the 128GB one does.

• 1 month later...