Flashing coil light.... :-(

On the way back from seeing my kiddies tonight, coil pack light started flashing and limp mode engaged.. Anyone know if the common reasons for this will be covered under manufacturers warranty please? 9 month old car, bought from new.. Any help may allow me to sleep tonight... Cheers billy

The flashing glow-plug light indicate a general fault with the engine management system.

If the fault occurs 3 consecutive times, the MIL light will also illuminate if the fault is related to a component for controlling emissions.

For problems with the DPF & regeneration there is a separate lamp & special pre-warning message asking you to drive at higher speeds.

Only way to know the root cause is to call Skoda Total Mobile recovery or take it to your dealer.

Provided you've done nothing special to the car any fault repair should be covered under warranty & they should provide you with a replacement car whilst its at the garage.

A common fault on the TDI is the boost pressure sensor/connector failing which will give you the flashing glow-plug light, MIL light & limp-home mode.

There are lots of TDI owners on here reporting the same problem (some multiple times :( ).

Edited by Gabbo
  • Like 1

Cheers for that. I know my dealer very well, so my stealth is already in there, and im driving round in his boys car. Thats service for you.... ;-)

winner garage by any chance?

I haven't seen too many mk3 vRS around here that aren't being driven by the staff at winner garage, what colour is your estate? I don't usually miss one when I see them on the road so I'm sure I have seen you about.

I live in cinderford so I use Winner all the time for my car, and have ordered a brand new vRS tsi hatch. Being built this week so should be collecting soon.

Bloody hell, I seem to have missed that one. But you do call it stealth I suppose. Ruspidge hey....over the posh end of town! :)

You didn't used to have a BMW 3 series by chance did you? Someone over ruspidge offered me a set of mats for my Octavia a few years ago. They had them from the mk2 they had previously but had a 3 series at the time.

Bloody hell, I seem to have missed that one. But you do call it stealth I suppose. Ruspidge hey....over the posh end of town! :)

You didn't used to have a BMW 3 series by chance did you? Someone over ruspidge offered me a set of mats for my Octavia a few years ago. They had them from the mk2 they had previously but had a 3 series at the time.

The only bmw I'd ever, ever, ever own would have two wheels only. I'm only into premium cars and ones where the indicators work.....

Update... It is the boost pressure sensor, which is coincidentally the subject of a very recent part recall....(2 days recent)

Glad its sorted & a simple fix.

Its nice to hear its only taken Skoda a year & a half to decide the part should be under a recall action...

Glad its sorted & a simple fix.

Its nice to hear its only taken Skoda a year & a half to decide the part should be under a recall action...

Mine has still failed after the recall. But as I previously stated my car is a lemon!

True but you are not the only one to have the sensor replaced multiple times.

It seems that they didnt really understand or addresss the full root cause of the problem especially if they are still building cars 1 year later with the same issue.

True but you are not the only one to have the sensor replaced multiple times.

It seems that they didnt really understand or addresss the full root cause of the problem especially if they are still building cars 1 year later with the same issue.

Mine still miss fires and hops on a partial throttle.

I have given up with it now and just drive it until it stops. Which it does quite a lot.

Update... It is the boost pressure sensor, which is coincidentally the subject of a very recent part recall....(2 days recent)

Do you have any details of the recall as mine is in for a service in the next couple of months so would like to question them on it.

Do you have any details of the recall as mine is in for a service in the next couple of months so would like to question them on it.

I don't think they do anything until it breaks.

I did look at the official title of the recall on the worksheet, but I've forgotten it again, sorry...