1.8 TFSI engine

Haven't got our new L&K yet and yes  it is bloody expensive. But we're keeping it for 10 years, so depreciation is not an issue, and I got a decent discount from our local dealer. Brown is OK if you're sitting on it and looking elsewhere ...

I've had 2 mk2 L&K 1.8's.1st got demolished by another at 10,000 miles without oil topup.. 2nd was variable servicing and dropped slightly before its service, but not critical.

I've had 2 mk2 L&K 1.8's.1st got demolished by another at 10,000 miles without oil topup.. 2nd was variable servicing and dropped slightly before its service, but not critical.

. People should bear in mind that some of these posts relate to the older gen 2 1.8tsi and not the new third generation one as fitted to the current Octy. :)

So does the skoda 1.8 petrol suffer the same oil consumption probls as the Audi lump ?

Mine does, clocked as using 2.36litres in 625 miles. Skoda dealer says it needs a new engine at £4800 less 30% goodwill down to £3300

Car is a Superb 1.8 turbo. Sept 2009  68000 miles

Now going to replace with a new Octavia 1.6 CRDi DSG

Mine does, clocked as using 2.36litres in 625 miles. Skoda dealer says it needs a new engine at £4800 less 30% goodwill down to £3300

Car is a Superb 1.8 turbo. Sept 2009 68000 miles

But that is another engine? Its the 160bhp aint it?

Car is a Superb 1.8 turbo. Sept 2009  68000 miles

So another example that's not relevant to this new design/octavia. The new one is an EA888 - a close derivative of the 2 litre currently used in the VRS/GTI (as before) but the gen 3 one is a nicer unit than the one I have (a gen. 2 160ps unit). Its also very capable when tuned - a simple stage 1 map brings 250bhp and almost 300lb/ft torque. :)