Focus RS details and pricing revealed.

BossFox

These Volkswagen Group cars and light trucks will be going on a set of accurate scales sometime very soon no doubt, 

and then the tale of the tape and the weigh bridge / corner scales & much else will be revealed.

This Overboost stuff & running engines on Regular Unleaded or Super / Super Unleaded will no doubt be part of the full revision of testing.

Cylinder Deactivation / Cylinder on demand will also be getting looked at i would imagine.

Ford have at least been playing lots on the new Focus RS as a Global car, 

so it should put out the power they claim as the Minimum when on regular 95 ron at any altitude and ambient temperature.

(not sure about on 92 ron in some world regions, but they will be 'outwith the globe' probably.)

• Like 1

An interesting comparison between the weight of a GTI v Focus ST current model on the Sept TG hatch test , showed the GTI 110 kg lighter than ST.

Every VAG I've had and weighed has been more than the claimed kerbweight.

My fiesta ST was pretty much bang on it's kerbweight.

Skoda's trick used to be to forget the 75kg driver allowance.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would resurrect this thread having just formulated a spec for my choice of RS.

Unfortunately not sure of the delivery being forecast, as there is some lack of clarity on the Ford Focus OC.

What is your spec Boss, when does the car get built and arrive at your dealer.

Thought I would resurrect this thread having just formulated a spec for my choice of RS.

Unfortunately not sure of the delivery being forecast, as there is some lack of clarity on the Ford Focus OC.

You're buying an RS Keith!? When is your delivery forecast for? You should hang on till the R400 comes out, surely.

Amanda, I never commit to any purchase until I've test driven and see if it's worth changing. However,I have no idea when demo will be available. No indication yet when RS will be in the showroom. Having said that ,in answer to your question ,I hope that the R400 will be announced prior to showroom RSs.

However,I look forward to BossFox's review to help my decision making and may be you Amanda if you get your hands on a demo RS before me.

There is quite a queue.

Word is that if you order now you will probably get it next October...

My spec is most bits other than the fancy seats as the ST seats are good enough and more practical for a quick 5 door family car.

I am in second batch, so looking late Spring, early Summer.

That's a long wait. I'd imagine dealers will order one or two each to pre register. That's what seems to be the case with Civic type R's up here. My local Honda has a GT available the end of Jan that they've got sitting there for £35k, which is from what I can tell £2k more than I configured it new on the website.

Richard are you aware of any finance info on the Focud yet?

Richard are you aware of any finance info on the Focus yet?

End of the month... allegedly.

I have to say, if I was Ford, holding 1500 deposits and the waiting time was already a year I wouldn't be doing cut price deals like VW did on the Golf R through leasing.

End of the month... allegedly.

I have to say, if I was Ford, holding 1500 deposits and the waiting time was already a year I wouldn't be doing cut price deals like VW did on the Golf R through leasing.

Just put the starting price up by a grand -supply and demand I guess!

More likely the Exchange Rates, Dollar, Euro, Sterling, Yen.

It is Fords first Global Performance car, and it was loooking very very cheap in the UK.  

Almost too cheap, like it would have been 'dumping'  and a 'Loss Leader'.

(Much like the Fiesta ST & the 2015 Polo GTI 1.8tsi.)

• Like 1

Just put the starting price up by a grand -supply and demand I guess!

I think they have under priced it here.  As seen by the number of deposits and waiting time of a year.

Should have been a sniff under £30k IMO, which would have still given it a list price over £1,000 under a Golf R 5 door despite the Focus having a bigger engine and more power.

And the options are well priced too.

Although I expect the build quality won't be quite up to VW standards so they are giving you something else for your money.

Fair play to Ford as soon as the price rise was announced they emailed to let me know my price was unchanged.

When I sold the 350Z people had already had deposits on the car 1 year before I joined the dealership and that was not even having seen anything but an artists impression. It was nearly a further year before these people actually saw their cars. Nobody cancelled their order, which wasn't bad considering they had to wait almost 2 years in total and didn't even know exactly how much the car would cost until around the last 9 months or so.

Don't think this is a repost

Ken Block gets driven and has a quick go in the new RS prototype

Edit: Ah, I see it is. I hadn't clicked on the previous link. Guys, please use the 'Link 'button to describe what your links are. The scrambled Web address doesn't display fully on here and I don't have enough hours in the day to click on every one I come across. :( Hence I missed this above video in a previous posting

Interesting here,  but were they just wanting the Focus RS running on 98 Octane or better, 

and had the Competitions vehicles to run just on 95 Octane Unleaded during the comparison.

(I hope all the Magazines and other Media will be saying, a possible 350 PS when running on Super Unleaded.)

• Like 1

When I sold the 350Z people had already had deposits on the car 1 year before I joined the dealership and that was not even having seen anything but an artists impression. It was nearly a further year before these people actually saw their cars. Nobody cancelled their order, which wasn't bad considering they had to wait almost 2 years in total and didn't even know exactly how much the car would cost until around the last 9 months or so.

It was similar when the GT-R was on the way.

They invited everyone who had reserved one to Silverstone when they got a Japanese one in the UK to have a look, and gave them all a branded Nissan GT-R helmet based on a £500 Arai one.

Not bad considering the car was under priced at £53k.

It was similar when the GT-R was on the way.

They invited everyone who had reserved one to Silverstone when they got a Japanese one in the UK to have a look, and gave them all a branded Nissan GT-R helmet based on a £500 Arai one.

Not bad considering the car was under priced at £53k.

Nissan didn't send any special info to the customers before the launch, ie the first proper glossy they saw was the standard brochure. The Salespeople had no training or special knowledge bumf of any significance. In fact as I got inundated with requests for the spec etc, I had to do my own research based on the American spec cars. Our standard cars were similar to the top American Race spec ones. I felt very sorry for the customers. Your experience sounded much better :)

A male friend of mine with a Bentley Continental Speed had a day out at Bamburgh Castle in order to encourage him to stay with Bentley, or change model. He and his wife met up with 6 other couples at the castle and found not only was the castle booked out all day for them (apparently the meal was fabulous) they were all given the latest Bentleys to play with for the day too. I think they might have even seen the V8 at that time too. Mind you I suppose at £150K for a Speed it's how the other half live :D

Edit: Actually it is definitely how the other half live. My friends wife wanted the ceramic brakes on the car because it meant they didn't need to be washed very often as they don't shed dust in the regular way!

Little feature about the Focus RS 4x4 system from EVO magazine.

Looks promising.

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/focus-rs/16897/ford-focus-rs-first-impressions-will-it-power-oversteer

What’s more a Haldex system is fairly limited in terms of torque split and completely limited in terms of distribution between the rear wheels: it’s always 50:50.

You’ll have worked out by now that the new Ford Focus RS does not have a Haldex four-wheel drive system. Instead, Tyrone and his engineers adopted GKN-developed hardware that can send far more torque to the rear axle – they quote 70 per cent but stress that the figure actually means very little – and then distribute drive between the rear wheels. Using a pair of clutch packs the system can actually send 100 per cent of the rearward torque to one wheel. That’s proper, active torque vectoring.

Now, oversteer is a touchy subject that motoring journalists tend to get rather worked up about. Drive like that on the road for too long and you’re probably asking for trouble. But what that four-wheel drive system does mean is that away from a corner the RS will have a distinct driven-from-the-rear feel, rather than scrabbling for traction like a similarly-powerful front-wheel drive car would, or just feeling neutral and inexpressive as a Haldex-equipped car might. That’s an entirely new proposition in the hot hatch category.

Different specs in different countries are nothing new though are they?

The base car is a world car, but the spec is tailored to the market.

In the USA you can even get a 5 door Fiesta ST, yet we only get a 3 door.