Focus RS details and pricing revealed.

BossFox

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is for the 2nd time. I originally placed an order last year to be in the 1st batch of cars but got cold feet and cancelled. Almost bought my 6th mk2 RS.

2 weeks ago after I heard about the 2nd price rise of £1000 on the 1sy May I decided to get my order in.

Waiting list is going to be 9 months to 1 year but I'm not bothered. Hopefully I'll end up getting the Ford sync-3 free instead of the current sync-2, and all the quality issues will be sorted out.

Can't wait. I've followed the herd and ordered Nitrious blue, but I've decided to go for standard silver alloys as I'm SICK of having black alloys!

On a side note.......wonder if anyone on here would be interested in my owned-from-new Octavia Blackline when I'm selling it just before getting the RS?

Edited by thehulkster699
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that actually buy the old fashioned magazines, CAR has done a big test comparing the new Boxster, the M2 and the Ford RS. It's putting it mildly to say the Ford RS wasn't outclassed :)

Another small "issue".

Yesterday Ford put a hold on deliveries of the RS to dealers while they look at something engine related.

Mine was due to be delivered to the dealer today. :D

The guy a few doors down from me has got his now, (to go with his Lambo huracan and Nissan GTR, the jammy so and so) looks the business.

Flash git. :peek: :rofl:

• Like 2

It is if a Keeper, or even when selling on before 5 years old.

An advantage to any Dealer taking one in as long as the Warranty is not voided by Modifications out with the Factory Approved,

At least Ford will not be trying the been used for Motorsport and Track use so Warranty Invalidated,

Another small "issue".

Yesterday Ford put a hold on deliveries of the RS to dealers while they look at something engine related.

To be fair to him he's car daft, has a big ford ranger thing with all the toys and a mrk2 focus RS for the track with about a million bhp that blew up on a dino run recently too.

To be fair to him he's car daft, has a big ford ranger thing with all the toys and a mrk2 focus RS for the track with about a million bhp that blew up on a dino run recently too.

Fair play to him, he's obviously not short of a few quid.

One day I hope to be in the same position.

• Like 2

In other news, Ford are offering an extended warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles for only £320.

Looking like a no brainer to me...

Can you pass on an extended warranty to the next owner, assuming of course that you don't keep the car for 5 years.........?

Can you pass on an extended warranty to the next owner, assuming of course that you don't keep the car for 5 years.........?

Yes, just like a Skoda one.

Another small "issue".

Any further update on your RS Boss?

Comments from owners website suggest only early builds affected, with the UK Recall / non release to Customer or Demo Use.

Any further update on your RS Boss?

Comments from owners website suggest only early builds affected, with the UK Recall / non release to Customer or Demo Use.

Arrives tomorrow apparently.

Bit busy this week and racing in the CSCC Tin Tops at the weekend so will probably have to get it next week.

• Like 1

Nobody buys a car like the New Ford Focus RS for the economy that you can get with them, (Or the EU test show you might.)

but i had a look on the focusrsoc forum to read about the crash and spotted the MPG thread.

Not many will drive like Miss Daisy but it reads like even those taking it easy will be buying a fair bit of Super Unleaded.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 1

Ouch, that didn't last long.

Bloody Launch Control!

Good job they didn't need a spare to be fitted to get them home?!

Edited by vrskeith

Bloody Drift.

The thread is rather fun in FocusRSOC on  'My car tried to kill me on the way home'. (paraphrasing.)

Maybe Sport Mode is not the one for Commuting or even 'Driving in / Running in' New tyres after collection from the Dealership..

• Like 1

That particular thread has now been removed at the OP's request.

He has written an official complaint letter to the Ford dealership rejecting the car and asking for a new RS - one that doesn't try and put you in the hedge when you accelerate.

I've been test driving a mk3 RS this morning, and after putting it into sport mode and giving it a good few tests I can confirm the car I was driving stayed totally planted to the road at all times. Felt VERY sure footed.

Very linear power delivery though.....I've ran quite a few mk2 RS's over the years, from standard to mp350 to mr375 and the performance in those was breathtaking......you don't feel anything like that in the new RS at all....but when you look at the speedo that car is QUICK.

That particular thread has now been removed at the OP's request.

He has written an official complaint letter to the Ford dealership rejecting the car and asking for a new RS - one that doesn't try and put you in the hedge when you accelerate.

I've been test driving a mk3 RS this morning, and after putting it into sport mode and giving it a good few tests I can confirm the car I was driving stayed totally planted to the road at all times. Felt VERY sure footed.

Very linear power delivery though.....I've ran quite a few mk2 RS's over the years, from standard to mp350 to mr375 and the performance in those was breathtaking......you don't feel anything like that in the new RS at all....but when you look at the speedo that car is QUICK.

So how long have you got to wait for yours then. Did you get in before the latest price rise?