FL Grill Coloured

Slightly off topic Harry but do you have a pic of your wheels available please, and maybe a paint code? Mine are in for refurb later this month and I want to go dark but not black, but there are a confusing amount of paint options available...!

Slightly off topic Harry but do you have a pic of your wheels available please, and maybe a paint code? Mine are in for refurb later this month and I want to go dark but not black, but there are a confusing amount of paint options available...!

Sure mate. I don't have a paint code, but they were done in Black Chrome (same as ChrisRS) by TWS. 

Images here: https://goo.gl/photos/rwT4y8jSm1qbm6Vt9

post-122239-0-90618100-1442403331_thumb.jpg

Edited by planehazza
  • Like 1

Excellent - thanks. They look great on yours, I need a darker colour on my candy white I think.

Perhaps.  Black Chrome fits all IMO, but on white you'd benefit from Shadow Chrome, or Anthracite IMO.  Don't go gloss black, I beg you :D  I like it, but it's the de facto colour that most go for on white ha

I just did the bottom of the grill and the silver bits next to fogs. Think a full black grill on silver is a bit much.

20150421_120736.jpg

Looks epic!

IMG_0019_zpswvp45wdy.jpg

Full black grill

As does this. Can't decide which I prefer! Edited by planehazza

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Keep the ideas coming lads! Going to get some plastidip soon, thinking I need a dark colour like matt black, smoke, or some dark gun metal.  For the grill I think I need to do the opposite of this perhaps:

20150421_120736.jpg

Instead of leaving the top chrome, I want to wrap that black/dark and leave the bottom half ( the U) chrome. Could be tempted to do the bottom lip also, as well as the Octavia badge on the back and maybe the spoiler

Having a play around in Photoshop, but I'm not very good at it. What are peoples' thoughts on this?  It's not quite the right colour I want, but I like having just the thin bit of chrome visible...

post-122239-0-28092900-1462633159_thumb.jpg

Or from another angle, but this time, only the top half is darker...

post-122239-0-10582900-1462633869_thumb.jpg

Edited by planehazza

• 1 year later...