LSD

vRS19TD

Hi,

I'm set to buy a Quaife LSD but on the Darkside website it offers the choice of adding ARP Bolts and bearings. Now i'm a complete noob, so do i need to add both parts to the order??

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/quaife-02m-2wd-atb-helical-limited-slip-diff-lsd.html

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I'm set to buy a Quaife LSD but on the Darkside website it offers the choice of adding ARP Bolts and bearings. Now i'm a complete noob, so do i need to add both parts to the order??

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/quaife-02m-2wd-atb-helical-limited-slip-diff-lsd.html

Thanks,

John

Yes, since you're a noob just buy the lot otherwise you'll have to source them separately just to pinch a few quid.

• Like 1

In answer to the original question, the bearings are pressed onto either end of the diff. Hence you'll likely stress them and possibly damage them when removing off the original. Plus they aren't too expensive so are a good idea to renew.

As for the bolts, as Charlie said... the diff is riveted onto the gear ring. The gear ring you need to transfer over to your new diff, which means you have to drill all the standard rivets out (no easy job!). So the bolts are a necessity, as you have nothing to attach the gear ring to the diff with otherwise! They are bloody expensive though...

I've not long gone through the process of fitting a diff to the box. It's not too bad, but having the correct workshop tools makes a big difference. There are a lot of pictures in my project thread if you want an idea of what's involved.

I also decided to go for a Quaife over any other unit. The UK support is always a good thing if it's needed and is very good from what I've heard. Plus for the UK roads you're not going to notice the tiny bit of extra performance that the Wavetrac may give you...

• Like 2

VRS19TD your building up an impressive machine..getting all the gadgets.

Mix all this in with your performance at combe and I = jealous. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've got a lot to learn when it comes to track driving. :thumbup:

Settled on the Wavetrac now but holding off getting it until the end of October. It will allow me more time to get it fitted before Combe in April and not feel pressured to get it done before Snetterton.

No idea. :D

I bought them from NathvRS on here but never checked the tyres. They'll be getting changed as and when i can for some track tyres. :)

I need to aswel.

The tyres I had on my 2nd set of alloys felt wrong.

Screeching on everycorner and steering wheel was vibranting too much for my liking.

My 2 fronts were flat the next day and got a slow puncture on the rear.

So i definitely need some.

But don't know what to get.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk