VRS Clutch, Darkside SMF + Organic OR CG Motorsports 6 Paddle + SMF

yas1991

Hi guys, its that time!

Car is stage 1 aggressive remap which i like, all the power at once lol my clutch is starting to slip

Just wondering which clutch people prefer, just to add i dont mind about the SMF sound

The CG Paddle OR DD Organic both with SMFs

Also anyone know what the CG Paddle is like to drive?

Thanks!!

Any type of paddle clutch will be more agressive than a standard plate type.

The bite is more 'on' or 'off' and you have less ability to slip the clutch moving away in traffic etc.

The less amount of paddles makes them more agressive,so don't go for a 4 paddle for a road car,6 paddles are ok though.

I have a 4 paddle clutch and after 30 mins of driving you get used to it. I can happily crawl in traffic. If your only going with a remap then a normal uprated clutch is fine if in the future yo want bigger turbo then it might be worth opting for a paddle clutch.

stick with a sach DMF and fit a 6 paddle and cover plate, all the benefits of a paddle plate with the grabby feeling when in traffic and more importantly nice and quiet

absolutely hate my Sach SRE kit for daily use, but it was already fitted when i bought the car so not gonna swap it out unless it fails

you say you have an aggressive map, you'd be better off going for a smoother map and your car will be quicker all round rather than a great big hit of boost and then tailing off

also boost spikes will kill the standard KKK turbo very quickly

I have a 4 paddle clutch and after 30 mins of driving you get used to it. I can happily crawl in traffic. If your only going with a remap then a normal uprated clutch is fine if in the future yo want bigger turbo then it might be worth opting for a paddle clutch.

Have you got a SMF as well? I may go Hybrid 150 in the future, depends on the financial circumstances lol

I have opted for the darkside smf/sachs sre clutch with organic plate, which is being fitted a week saturday, will give you my review of it straight after if that helps.

That be great mate, as thats the 1 ive been looking at

Any type of paddle clutch will be more agressive than a standard plate type.

The bite is more 'on' or 'off' and you have less ability to slip the clutch moving away in traffic etc.

The less amount of paddles makes them more agressive,so don't go for a 4 paddle for a road car,6 paddles are ok though.

Much appreciated, 1 ive been looking at is a 6 paddle with a SMF

I have opted for the darkside smf/sachs sre clutch with organic plate, which is being fitted a week saturday, will give you my review of it straight after if that helps.

I have got this and find it very easy to drive, light and smooth to engage. A friend can't believe the difference between mine and CG one that he has, for the better. It's expensive but I'd rather buy once and do it properly.

• Like 2

I have got this and find it very easy to drive, light and smooth to engage. A friend can't believe the difference between mine and CG one that he has, for the better. It's expensive but I'd rather buy once and do it properly.

Do you which CG kit he has?

That's just put my mind at rest! Thanks as been a bit nervous about this - as i do a 3 hour journey up the M6 in traffic every Friday so was dreading a heavy awkward pedal! 

Have you got a SMF as well? I may go Hybrid 150 in the future, depends on the financial circumstances lol

No I have a dmf. I have this kit from darkside. Also running a hybrid pd150

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-1-9-tdi-6-speed-02m-dual-mass-flywheel-with-sachs-sre-performance-clutch-kit.html

That's just put my mind at rest! Thanks as been a bit nervous about this - as i do a 3 hour journey up the M6 in traffic every Friday so was dreading a heavy awkward pedal! [/quote

What part of the M6 buddy? I live just off J9

More to think about, to be honest i am leaning towards the CG SMF and Paddle, mainly due to getting 1 that has been used for 5000miles for next to nothing, but im still 50/50 lol

That's just put my mind at rest! Thanks as been a bit nervous about this - as i do a 3 hour journey up the M6 in traffic every Friday so was dreading a heavy awkward pedal! [/quote

What part of the M6 buddy? I live just off J9

I work off the m40 so do m40, m42 then all way up m6 to j19 manchester every friday. Its hell but im used to it!

Still gives me the creaps hearing that name.

Still got their piece of junk in my garage boxed up. Found it the other day which made it all come flooding back. Link in my sig tells it all.

Personally knowing what I do now, Ide go Darkside or Sachs and Def keep the dmf.

Edited by billy2981

I have a CG Motorsport dual friction clutch kit with a Sachs dmf on my pd130 seat Toledo. It's running fabookas high torque remap which made the standard clutch slip almost instantly,I would recommend it highly. Absolutely no slip,as light to use as the standard clutch and the whole lot cost £540.