Crash Picture

steveredvrs

Below is picture of my 3 month old vRS - after a friendly Austrian gentleman!!! suddenly decided to turn right from the left hand lane at a roundabout.

Luckily he admitted full responsibility to me and the police (in a written statement)

Quote to repair is

594.attach

:( - Amazing how much damage can be caused by what appears to be a relatively slow impact (or I assume the vRS build quality is hiding most of the damage undernetah the exterior?) - I dread the day some ar5e does something similar to me.

My vrs was nearly smashed today on a motorway junction roundabout, it was my right of way to turn onto a slip road but the traffic at lights on the left. But some ****** white van driver went straight through the lights and was on course for a big bang, so i dropped gear and hammered it just managing to get past in time. Damage would have been seriously bad while i would have to pay

My thoughts precisely, Geoff - When I have an accident (not being pessimistic or anything) - I believe it will be a 95% chance it won't be my fault entirely, such as stacking it on a country road. Wherever and whenever I drive in relatively busy areas (i.e where there's one more car than me on the road) I grow eyes in the back of my head!

Anyone remember that thing on your test - look every 10 seconds in your rearview mirror. Sod that! I look in it every 5 seconds sometimes, if the conditions deem it necessary.

rant off - I'm off for another pram race training run. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your accident Steve.....major bummer!

Glad that you and yours are ok though.

Octys are really strong car; we had a shunt on M4 last year in our estate. Need new rear bumper, floor to be flatened/straighten and tailgate; I think it was over

Depends when there's some 8v Fabia hassling me down the M54. :D

It really is only a 1/3 second glance - if you look often enough you know the general situation behind you from previous glances, and not much staring is needed...

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

Anyone remember that thing on your test - look every 10 seconds in your rearview mirror.

Well, I seem to remember it being every 7 seconds. Well, it was that being on a bike, which prolly makes sense as you're less likely to survive if you have a hussling 8v fabia about to mount your rear wheel...

Originally posted by devonutopia in this post

Anyone remember that thing on your test - look every 10 seconds in your rearview mirror. Sod that! I look in it every 5 seconds sometimes, if the conditions deem it necessary.

I was taught 6 seconds, regardless. Well, actually I was taught to imgaine I was being followed by a car full of hot totty, but obviously I can't do that anymore... :D

Bearing in mind how fast some of the police driver's go on the motorway, it's especially important to check you rear view mirror frequently so you can spot them with anticipation and move out of the way safely!

Er, anyway, back on topic, the other views do look considerably worse. Well, the damaged are looks bigger! :(

Rob.

Jason

Depends when there's some 8v Fabia hassling me down the M54.

i would definatley get it remapped jason if you were struggling to get away from me humble 8v:D

tfboy

if you have a hussling 8v fabia about to mount your rear wheel...

do you know me then?:)

as i posted previously :

here is one of my worst experiences at work when a driver spent too long checking their rear view mirror missed the bend and went head on into a camper van the driver walked away with no injuries the 2 passengers ended up dying from their injuries the male had his diaphragm punctured and his stomach passed up into his lungs survived for a week also had the usual fractured ribs and cuts and bruises also his gall bladder was in his arm pit the female passenger never regained consciosness suffering major head and chest trauma she died the day before the male

a little bit scary

:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by SkodiRS in this post

Sorry to hear about your accident Steve.....major bummer!

Glad that you and yours are ok though.

Octys are really strong car; we had a shunt on M4 last year in our estate. Need new rear bumper, floor to be flatened/straighten and tailgate; I think it was over