Bulb list

Have you ever considered reading the book which is (should be) inside your glove box? It has a picture of your car on the front page and "Owners Manual" written on it.

This book will answer your question above and many more!

In short:

RTFM!

Edited by andrehj

Can anyone provide me with the bulb types for:

Headlights - main and dipped

DRLs

Indicators

On a 2014 Skoda Superb.

Cheers

Niall

Welcome to Briskoda Niall  B)

On a 2014 I assume your Superb is a facelift (FL)?

Pre-FL...

SkodaSuperbII.jpg

Facelift...

skoda-superb-1-front-tracking.jpg

The bulb types will also depend on whether your Superb is fitted with the bi-xenon headlights.

On the FL cars fitted with bi-xenon headlights the DRL's are non-replaceable LED strips. On non-bi-xenon units the bulb is an incandescent bulb that doubles up to perform the role of main (high) beam.

The front indicator bulbs on the pre-FL Superb are also quite unique so we will need to know a little more detail.

Actually the car belongs to my brother, who's asked me to find out for him, so I don't have access to any of that kind of thing I'm afraid

This is the car in question, unsure if it'd face lift or preface lift, only picture I have of it

(spoke to him and he's told me its facelift, not fitted with bi-xenon headlights)

11063855_10152805445733196_5231508752615

Edited by McGill2009

That is a FL.

So, with non-bi-xenon...

Low beam (dipped headlights) - H7

High beam (main beam) & DRL (dual function) - H15

Front fog lights - H8

I'm struggling to find anything on the indicators but I strongly suspect they will be the same as the pre-FL, a quite unique fitment...

Front indicators - PY 24W

• 8 years later...

Hi everyone, sorry to revive such an old topic. I'm a bit unclear about the bi xenon headlights. Please bear with me and my newbie questions. 

I thought all superb mk2 with ALS were bi xenon headlights. My recently purchased mk2 estate 2011 (pre facelift, I believe) has als and headlight washers, so I assumed it was bi xenon. 

The other day I looked closely at the headlight and noticed that the word halogen is written around the projector. 

Can anyone clarify if all mk2s with ALS are bi xenon? 

By ‘ALS’ are you referring to Auto Levelling System?

If so then yes, the self levelling dipped headlights are xenon.

If your headlights are halogen, then they won’t be self levelling and will have the ability to manually adjust their height using the knob next to the headlight switch. On xenon equipped Superb’s this knob is omitted and blanked off.

It could also be that the car left the factory with xenon headlights (standard on the Elegance and L&K) and that they needed replacing at some point. Replacement xenon headlights are expensive and as such it has been known for owners to replace them with cheaper and more readily available halogen headlights.

Also worth noting is that even on Superb’s without xenon headlights, the chrome headlight washer caps are present, which sometimes confuse people into thinking the washer jets are present and operational when they’re not.

Even bi-xenon headlamps on these cars have an extra halogen bulb for high beam as well. This one is also used for headlight flash.

If your car has auto levelling for the lights, you should see a little plastic linkage on the lower suspension control arms on the (I think) left side of the car.

I doubt that xenon units would have been swapped for halogen - it would end up nearly as expensive to buy two halogen units as a single xenon one (more often than not you are only changing one due to damage). There's also the hassle of getting a basic halogen to work on an AFS equipped car, or disabling AFS, plus having to change the wiring harnesses. It's not simply a case of unplug one and plug in the other.

The main telltale for xenons is that the light is much whiter than halogen. You'll also notice a slight delay when they are switched on and it will take a second or so for them to reach full brightness.

What trim level is your car? Also, do you have the headlight heigh adjustment control next to the light switch?

The halogen units look like they have washers fitted just like the xenon units, but it's just a blank plate.

22 hours ago, silver1011 said:

By ‘ALS’ are you referring to Auto Levelling System?

If so then yes, the self levelling dipped headlights are xenon.

If your headlights are halogen, then they won’t be self levelling and will have the ability to manually adjust their height using the knob next to the headlight switch. On xenon equipped Superb’s this knob is omitted and blanked off.

It could also be that the car left the factory with xenon headlights (standard on the Elegance and L&K) and that they needed replacing at some point. Replacement xenon headlights are expensive and as such it has been known for owners to replace them with cheaper and more readily available halogen headlights.

Also worth noting is that even on Superb’s without xenon headlights, the chrome headlight washer caps are present, which sometimes confuse people into thinking the washer jets are present and operational when they’re not.

I thought ALS was for adaptative light system, or auto lights for short. 

There is a knob next to the auto lights switch, but it just dims dash lights. 

There is a chrome cap next to the headlight, headlight washer not working, probably due to a faulty fuse (haven't checked it yet) 

19 hours ago, chimaera said:

Even bi-xenon headlamps on these cars have an extra halogen bulb for high beam as well. This one is also used for headlight flash.

If your car has auto levelling for the lights, you should see a little plastic linkage on the lower suspension control arms on the (I think) left side of the car.

I doubt that xenon units would have been swapped for halogen - it would end up nearly as expensive to buy two halogen units as a single xenon one (more often than not you 

The main telltale for xenons is that the light is much whiter than halogen. You'll also notice a slight delay when they are switched on and it will take a second or so for them to reach full brightness.

Yes, it's not as white as I thought it should be, that's what's got me wondering if they're really bi xenon or not 

The chrome cap is fitted to cover the gap on cars without headlight washer. 

Auto lights don't necessarily mean xenon lights. Only the elegance and L&K trims got the adaptive xenon lights fitted as standard. 

1 hour ago, Turbointercoolosis said:

Yes, it's not as white as I thought it should be, that's what's got me wondering if they're really bi xenon or not 

Something isn’t adding up.

You mentioned you have the word ‘Halogen’ written around the outer rim of the dipped headlight projector lens?

You do not have the height adjustment control next to the headlight switch.

These two scenarios cannot be together. One is incorrect.

A few of us have asked, what trim is your Superb?

10 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Something isn’t adding up.

You mentioned you have the word ‘Halogen’ written around the outer rim of the dipped headlight projector lens?

You do not have the height adjustment control next to the headlight switch.

These two scenarios cannot be together. One is incorrect.

A few of us have asked, what trim is your Superb?

I'm not sure, it's a 1.6 tdi greenline estate, seems to be a pretty basic spec 

The green line was available with a few trims. Do you have leather seats, Columbus satellite navigation and dual zone automatic climate control?

On 16/03/2024 at 19:53, softscoop said:

The green line was available with a few trims. Do you have leather seats, Columbus satellite navigation and dual zone automatic climate control?

I've got sat nav, dual zone climatronic, no leather seats. 

Sounds like you have the basic greenline spec, rather than the elegance greenline, so the halogen headlights are correct.

• Like 1