Vredestein Quatrac 3

del-gti

Just ordered 2 of these as a replacement for my Goodyear Vector 4Seasons which are approaching the 3mm mark.

Ordered from pneus-online as they were significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Will see how I get on with them and report back. Going to put them on the rear and swap the rears to the front.

Quite happy with the all-season tyres as they seem to give a good compromise.

If anyone is thinking about getting some all-seasons or winters, I'd look at doing it soon. You can guarantee that the first spell of cold weather will result in the prices shooting up. I was going to hold off maybe a month or two but decided to get them while the price is low. Not only that, but I've already seen 6 degrees Celsius a couple of early mornings when leaving for work.

Likewise. Was a toss-up which to go for when I got the Goodyears.

This time the Vredesteins were much cheaper.

Should be a really interesting experiment for you mate.

I mean.. The best of all season tyres.

Neither are cheap, infact theyre pretty expensive for the tyre size, but they also give big promises.

Im happy with the vector 4 seasons but if the Quatracs are just as good in every respect but with a more summer like sharper, responsive turn in, id be more impressed. Thats the only thing that lets the vectors down IMO. But i guess its due to softer and not as deep tread as summers. So it helps it perform in the real winter conditions.

image.jpg1_zpsukbg4y8p.jpg

Well these arrived on Monday. Quite quick delivery seeing as I ordered them on Wednesday night and they came from Germany. Can't fault DPD for delivery either. Tyres look really smart, nice tread pattern, quite a big change from the pattern on the Vector 4Seasons.

Not fitted as yet, not sure when I will. Still got 3mm left on the fronts so no great rush. Will probably get them on in a few weeks. Just wanted to get them before the price starts to go up.

Edited by del-gti
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I need some new boots on the citigo and I was looking at all seasons, mostly for the wet performance and maybe the outside drive around a 4x4 moment in the snow ;)

I was looking independently on the Quatracs, then found this by way of a validation, about £60 per tyre fitted is what I've found so far, but pneus is a bit less again thanks!

So at work today I was near terminal boredom and started looking for the Quatrac 3 in 225/40/18 for the best price. My findings are below for a non-fitted tyre including delivery:-

MyTyres £94.40

Camskill £95.15

Black Circles £97.67

Tyre Leader £90.89

Promo Tyre £96.63

Jungle Tyres £86.92

Opneo £93.00

Hopefully this will be of use to someone :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies for late update.... got these fitted last week. Initially ran them on the front for a week before switching them to the back.

Obviously we haven't had any snow/ice etc but in the extremely wet weather we have had in the last week - initial impressions are good. Handled standing water well, certainly as good the Goodyear Vector4seasons. Will see how they hold up in colder/more severe conditions. Can't decide if there is any difference in road noise, couldn't really tell. Though I might notice a difference now that they are on the rear.

Will be interesting to see how they wear - got 21k miles from the Goodyear which I thought was impressive for an all-season. I don't drive hard though as I'm either using it for commuting as part of a carpool or I have my daughter in it.

P.s. Word of advice, do a bit of preventive maintenance by making sure you've got some anti-seize compound/copper grease on the hub face etc. My rear wheels were on solid and required the use of a rather large persuader to tease them off. All nicely greased up for the future.