Another Mk1 VRS GTB2260 build............now for sale £4k bargain!

Stuart27183

Great build thread [emoji106] have you finished the mapping and stuff would like to see a dyno on standard injectors.

I've also got the 2260 build on my arl polo 9n with 120% injectors, also mapped by john but not had a chance to get a dyno yet because of head issues, I'm looking to get nps cam and arp head studs over the next few weeks then get it dyno'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mapping complete for now however you can never have enough logs to plot! Only running shade over 2 bar until i get big nozzles. And no i doubt a dyno session as it wont tell me anything i dont already know/or can find out with vcds.

i plan to go see dan if your free also we could take some.more logs if you need them? 

I'm busy this weekend but if you mean weekend after then yeah sure, I've actually done some minor updates on dan's software so might be an excuse to go load it up.

Logs aren't essential but I'm a bit of a 'log perfectionist', the turbos done some miles now let's see where we're at.

edit: Regarding dyno, it's a matter of opinion - it's worth doing if you go against the nozzles ultimately (I do beleive in getting figures for your efforts), but if you're set on the nozzles then unless you've another reason for wanting a dyno print then it's a bit pointless because it'l be all change shortly.

The tune as he's got it isn't going to be a record breaker - it's got a decent amount of power that goes well beyond what there was before, but it's also conservative with respect to the turbos potential due to the injectors and the margin we previously discussed that I like to leave, so there's not much to be gained/proven at this stage with a print. Just my two-pennies worth. 

Edited by EKM

So, if you have seen my thread in the Fabia 1 section, you will know i have been having gear selection issues - namely first and reverse; more prominent issues when really cold. So, I reset the linkages, then bled the system twice with an EZ bleed. The old fuild was horrid! Made a bit of difference and did feel better but still problems. So, I have just changed the gearbox fluid with the recommended Opie Oils fluid shown in the pics below. Was a very easy job to change! Initial thoughts are that it feels much nicer and selects gears nicer. But, time will tell will see how it is this week. 

I have also booked in to a lovely exhaust fabrication place in Macclesfield for a downpipe back system - there workmanship looks fantastic and they are reasonably priced too, not much more than a milltek cat back. I have also been in contact with United Diesels re injectors also! Tempted to pull the trigger and just do it! Only live once and all that!

20160124_092657.jpg

20160124_092705.jpg

20160124_095116.jpg

20160124_095322.jpg

20160124_095455.jpg

20160124_095803.jpg

Edited by Stuart27183
  • Like 4

Sounds good, might change mine as well then!

Well, we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gearbox oil change has solved all of my selection / stuck in gear problems! And has also made the gear changes slicker. 

• Like 4

Exactly the same way I filled mine as well! Garden Hose FTW.

Mine improved after a precautionary oil change, plus I know everyone will go on about sealed for life gearboxes with VW, but who determines the "lifespan" of the car... Getting on for ten years was long enough for mine to need doing.

Glad it's fixed the issues

• Like 3

Weird it causes so many issues. What was it like when you drained it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked pretty similar to my toilet after a night on the beers and a vindaloo!

• Like 3

Keep forgetting to ask,did the XMan oil return pipe fit spot on?

Don't suppose you have a pic of it fitted? :)

No it was way too short! So used a combination of that along with the extended piece of hose with standard fittings i got from hutchy. Dont have a pic but can get one at the weekend if you need it.

• Like 1

No it was way too short! So used a combination of that along with the extended piece of hose with standard fittings i got from hutchy. Dont have a pic but can get one at the weekend if you need it.

Ah crap,glad I haven't ordered one now! :)

Have you told xman?

Ah crap,glad I haven't ordered one now! :)

Have you told xman?

Not yet, i plan to though and also give some good feedback on the rest of the kit and fitting notes from my build.

• Like 1

Not yet, i plan to though and also give some good feedback on the rest of the kit and fitting notes from my build.

Yeah he needs to know,as he says it's a straight fit with his tubular and 2260.

1. An exciting delivery of tyres came at the weekend! Federal RSR for the old VRS wheels (which need picking up from City Powder coaters tomorrow).

2. VRS wheel centre cap refurb with new badges from eBay.

3. Popped my first boost pipe off last week! I had that particular one off recently and must not of done it up tight enough when I put it back on. 

4. Currently sat in a exhaust fabrication shop having a 2.75" system made up, including a fake cat shell. 

Will add pics of the wheels and exhaust ASAP.

20160206_092159.jpg

20160207_154009.jpg

20160206_092542.jpg

20160204_154904.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a nice delivery. I'm hoping to get some of those RS-R's but can't seem to find them in the standard Octy wheel size.

Yes, I dont think they make a 205 40 17 so would need a 215 40 17 which is quite big for a Fabia. Could go for Nakang NS2R instead - they get great reviews and are cheap. I paid £62 each for these Federals from the eBay - Demon Twerks wanted £90 per corner! huge variation in price for these online..............

Nice tyres :)

Looking forward to pics of exhaust.

Who's doing it?

Be intresting to see if they can get it sat correctly over the rear beam so that it doesn't knock or touch anything once the car is loaded ;)

2.5 inch is a pretty tight fit over the beam.

Going to be 2.75 from turbo back? B)

Nice tyres :)

Looking forward to pics of exhaust.

Who's doing it?

Be intresting to see if they can get it sat correctly over the rear beam so that it doesn't knock or touch anything once the car is loaded ;)

2.5 inch is a pretty tight fit over the beam.

Going to be 2.75 from turbo back? B)

Thanks Kev. Yes 2.75 all way back, it was JP Exhausts in Macclesfield, they are a really old school fabrication place they make the exhausts for all Radicals too. The brackets and flanges are stainless too which i liked. Paid £450 for it. It was fairly close to the beam so they put a flat in the pipe there so theres plenty of clearance now. Sounds really good not very loud, which again is great for me with the mileage i do and the fact i'm not 21 anymore!

• Like 1

I put a fake cat shell on mine off eBay, came in two halves so didn't even have to drop exhaust ;)

What tailpipe you gone for,and what size back box?

Yes this shell is a two piece thing so didnt need the downpipe off luckily. Went for a oem looking rectangle tip its spot on. Back box is fairly big i will get some pics tomorrow. Also got a pic of my oil return or you also.

Edited by Stuart27183
  • Like 1