VRS TSI Exhausts Choices ?

Hi All,

Just got my VRS a few weeks ago now, and really want to get a new exhaust. I found a few via youtube.

Remus

Supersprint ?

I was thinking of the non resonated Scorpion, but not sure if it would be to loud, does anyone have one, ad could post some videos ?

Thanks

JJ

Edited by Jack Jumpin

The Remus sounds nice, not 100% sure of the farting sound it makes on gear changes.

The sound valve sounds interesting, any info on how it works?

Milltek sounds nice too.

But

None are cheap....The Remus is just over £1k for the cat back!!

None will see much change from a grand.

• Like 1

Hi

I have a non-res de-cat Scorpion on my vRS.  It is ok when going slowly and sounds great on full throttle but can be a bit boomy when you're cruising at motorway speeds.  Fortunately I don't do that very often so it doesn't bother me too much.

Both Milltek and Scorpion are built in Britain, should you want to support local industry.

The Remus valve thing does sound (no pun intended) good, able to close it on say the motorway but open it when you want fun.

It's why I like the sound generator in some ways.... switchable depending on use.

I showed the clips to the other half last night.

She didn't like either of them and prefers the standard noise :( .She said about the Remus, and I'm quoting her "that's an annoying noise"

I'm happy with milltek. I just need to redo the mid section, its leaking and gives a anoying sound when driving 70-90 mph

Is this resonated or non resonated?

I think Fox make a rear box set for the VRS. They are made in Germany and are very well constructed, judging by the system I have on my MR2 Roadster.

Edited by loadswine

Fox do a back box for the octavia. Around the £540ish mark.

Might aswell buy the full Milltek cat back system if that's the price just for the back boxes!

You will not gain any thing by a catback, only less weight.

And if its only the sound you're after just remove resonator (strait pipe) it will give you more than enought to be popular by your neighbors.

I like that last bit!!

Losing the cat or bypass will help power but then you also have the possibility of lights on you dash.

At least reading from the websites it suggests that

You will not gain any thing by a catback, only less weight.

And if its only the sound you're after just remove resonator (strait pipe) it will give you more than enought to be popular by your neighbors.

Is it possible just to remove the front silencer? Does anyone do a replacement straight through pipe on its own

I have removed the resonator on my car, it's not bad but I would advise against it because of two things:

1. There is a resonance or some call it drone at around about 2500rpm, doesn't always happen but when it does, it's ugly :)
  2. Made the car sounds 'looser'. My perception of the car after resonator delete is that it feels slower. Doesn't suit the car presence. 

Video I made:

https://youtu.be/UUNydgT-6gM

After the resonator delete stint, I installed a 'glass-packed' resonator, 18 inches long, IMO this is a good solution without changing the cat back, very economical as well. Sounded very similar to stock when cruising, those resonance was no longer and replaced by deep growl. When gunning it, it sounded really sporty, downshifting was fun :D. Unfortunately the glass-packed burned out after 6 months and sounded worse than straight pipe, and I needed to claim warranty so it's back to stock for me, for now.

Video I made:

https://youtu.be/NOuORhYooYk

If I were to do it again I would install the same or a smaller (12 inch) resonator with steel or ceramic packed and add a flange just before the bend, this way one can easily swap between stock and aftermarket resonator. 

Edited by RezaE
  • Like 1

They actually all sound pretty decent to be fair but if a full system is around the grand mark, would it not be better to get a custom full stainless steel zorst system? I've had on 2 of my previous vehicles a full custom system from these guys

http://www.haywardandscott.com/

http://powerspeed.co.uk/

& both of them was excellent, I kept the original OEM size of pipe work but was changed to stainless steel, I had a scorpion pre-cat with the lambada sensor but lost the cat underneath, small backbox (like motorbike style) even thou both vehicles were diesel, they sounded like a petrol & only cost me shy of £700.00 at the time. 

• 7 months later...