Karl's Midweek Detail - Definitive Wax Review

KarlvRS1991

Hello Everyone, Back with some more photos of the Fab after a good clean and wax. After doing the winter detail, up to that point I had only sealed the car and was looking at a wax to put on top. I've tried my others a few times so fancied something new. After having a chat with Stephen, I'd settled on purchasing my first ever Definitive pot of wax. 

Normal wash routine, Wheels, Snow Foam etc etc. Washed with Definitive Wax Shampoo (Review Below) Waxed with CORA (Review Below) & dried using my Metro Vac & Definitive Wax Concourse Drying Towel (you guessed it, review below)

CORA - First impressions were great. Comes in a lovely big glass pot with protective cover inside. Smells absolutely lovely, although I can't quite gather what it smells of. Never the less, one of the best smelling waxes I own. Using the Handi-Puk & black wax pad I set to work. Loads up very easy, spreads very easy too. Once the pad was loaded It did one side of the roof before needing one swipe of the pot to do the other. Did 2 panels at a time, left to cure for 10-15 minutes and buffed off with ease. I actually have a knackered shoulder at the moment and it was a breeze causing me no pain. Effortless. As by the photos you can see its left a fantastic glossy finish & after having a lengthy chat with Jason at Definitive, I can expect good durability too. For a sub £50 wax with presentation too match, definitely in my top 5 waxes this year.  

DW Shampoo - Again one of the best shampoo's tested this year, if not the best. 3 cap fulls in a 10L bucket and a blast of the pressure washer gave me a nice thick foam & lather. Easy to see where you have been with the Dooka pad, feels really really slick on the paint and good reassurance that your not creating any damage or wash marring. Smells great also! Another one to add to the collection. 

Concourse Drying Towel - Ultra thick, absorbs water to a huge extent and dried the car with ease. Granted I used the Metro Vac prior to the towel so wasn't mega soaked but never the less did the job i wanted and did it very well.

All in all my first Defintive experience left me very impressed and it wont be my last!

Enjoy the pictures. Any Questions or Reviews you may have yourself, Feel free to post :) 

post-126665-0-75629500-1444932287_thumb.jpg

post-126665-0-56940400-1444932293_thumb.jpg

post-126665-0-04958200-1444932299_thumb.jpg

post-126665-0-78513700-1444932305_thumb.jpg

post-126665-0-66846100-1444932310_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Great write up Karl. I really like the sound of Cora and the rest of definitives product range to be honest! The gloss levels on the Fabia are something else. Very nice indeed buddy.

• Like 2

Great write up Karl. I really like the sound of Cora and the rest of definitives product range to be honest! The gloss levels on the Fabia are something else. Very nice indeed buddy.

Thanks Neil. Its very impressive for the price. Although I know its never going to end now. I already have the urge to purchase Show haha. I still have a panel pot of pro to try too so will most likely end up buying a full pot of that.

Do you do Loans or work in a bank at all?  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Excellent write-up and review there Karl - many thanks for sharing! :sun:

The Fabia is looking ace that's for sure; and its clear you really look after it well.

I'm sure any wax would look stunning on that car - as you keep the paint immaculate.

Nonetheless - glad you like the Definitive Wax stuff; I haven't seen a bad review on Cora wax as yet.

For their entry level product - I think they have really done too good a job (if you know what I mean); it really is that good! :thumbup:

BTW - I asked Jason about the scent..... mixed cherry/almond scents in the Cora product - as you say - smells lovely. :yes:

Excellent write-up and review there Karl - many thanks for sharing! :sun:

The Fabia is looking ace that's for sure; and its clear you really look after it well.

I'm sure any wax would look stunning on that car - as you keep the paint immaculate.

Nonetheless - glad you like the Definitive Wax stuff; I haven't seen a bad review on Cora wax as yet.

For their entry level product - I think they have really done too good a job (if you know what I mean); it really is that good! [emoji106]

BTW - I asked Jason about the scent..... mixed cherry/almond scents in the Cora product - as you say - smells lovely. :yes:

Thanks for the kind comments mate. I look after the car better tan I look after myself haha!

It's up there with the best waxes I've tested this year with out a doubt! As you said the other day, it's the year of easy waxes on & off.

Thanks for the heads up on CORA! One of the best purchases this year! Smells lovely. I can still smell it this morning on the pads in the utility room ready for washing lol!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments mate. I look after the car better than I look after myself haha!

It's up there with the best waxes I've tested this year with out a doubt! As you said the other day, it's the year of easy waxes on & off.

Thanks for the heads up on CORA! One of the best purchases this year! Smells lovely. I can still smell it this morning on the pads in the utility room ready for washing lol!

Good to hear Karl - certainly, I'm always happy to recommend products that work and those worth the money!

DW Cora is a great base layer; with either AP Intensify or DW Show Edition on top - give absolutely stunning gloss levels.

I've used this combo a few times this year and the feedback has been superb - it really does perform well.

hahaha - I know exactly what you mean with the smell - the wax applicator(s) left unwashed will really release the scent quite strongly!

Good to hear Karl - certainly, I'm always happy to recommend products that work and those worth the money!

DW Cora is a great base layer; with either AP Intensify or DW Show Edition on top - give absolutely stunning gloss levels.

I've used this combo a few times this year and the feedback has been superb - it really does perform well.

hahaha - I know exactly what you mean with the smell - the wax applicator(s) left unwashed will really release the scent quite strongly!

Now that I'll have to try! As you know I'm a big fan of Intensify! I guess that intensify will wear off quicker aswell & won't affect the CORA as the durability is around 4/5 months If I'm correct?

My mother even enjoyed the smell coming from the pads!

• Like 1

Now that I'll have to try! As you know I'm a big fan of Intensify! I guess that intensify will wear off quicker aswell & won't affect the CORA as the durability is around 4/5 months If I'm correct?

My mother even enjoyed the smell coming from the pads!

On the tests I did early in the year - Cora with Show edition on top proved exceptional and quite durable actually.

Tests with Cora+Intensify were not left on the car very long - so I can't comment with any accuracy.

You have the freebie test pot of Pro Edition; again - that with Show on top - a very popular combo.

The one comment to make though - Show edition is one panel at a time product (2 at a push) and cool panel temps required.

Nowhere near as easy to use as AP Intensify - so maybe not a route you would follow; but you have the garage setup now.

I guess you need to find a combo that works with your routine and such like.

As always - more than happy to lend you any products you want to test...... never a problem buddy! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice in depth explanation there mate. I'm going to use the pro test pot on the bonnet at some point over the coming weeks. Been sat in the garage for a while now. Keep forgetting it's there.

Next time I'm round I'll probably borrow show for a test if that's ok. Now having the sealant on and a fairly durable wax I can still do abit of testing etc over the winter. Having the garage will help alot also!

• Like 1

Nice in depth explanation there mate. I'm going to use the pro test pot on the bonnet at some point over the coming weeks. Been sat in the garage for a while now. Keep forgetting it's there.

Next time I'm round I'll probably borrow show for a test if that's ok. Now having the sealant on and a fairly durable wax I can still do abit of testing etc over the winter. Having the garage will help alot also!

Not a problem - just let your shoulder injury heal properly before trying Show Edition! :giggle:  ;)  :rofl:

In all seriousness though - in the shade, with your garage setup - it should probably be quite easy to use.

But in daylight/direct sun/warm panels - its one you really need to be careful with....

I don't plan to use Show Edition in the near future - so feel free to grab it next time you are passing. :beer:

(PS: i'll tell the missus to get some Corona in, seeing as the Beck's wasn't hitting the spot!) :peek:

• Like 1

Haha yeah I'll have to let it rest for abit. It's not to bad today.. getting there!

I'll take you up on that mate. Probably be sometime next week one evening.

Haha Corona is the Don of beers! ;)

• Like 1

Haha yeah I'll have to let it rest for abit. It's not to bad today.. getting there!

I'll take you up on that mate. Probably be sometime next week one evening.

Haha Corona is the Don of beers! ;)

"You can have any beer you want, as long as its a Corona!"

• Like 2

God dam it I've just been on their website and now I want to splash the cash lol

Oh dear! Big mistake! My next purchase is show i think and pro for Christmas!

Slowly getting the bug!

• Like 2

Oh dear! Big mistake! My next purchase is show i think and pro for Christmas!

Slowly getting the bug!

Funnily enough it was show wax I was looking at too. Did you put Cora on top of another wax or straight on bare paint

• Like 1

I've got Autoperfekt Hybrid Sealant and a coat of fusso on below Cora. Although they were applied around 3 weeks ago during the winter detail. I enjoy waxing the car every so often so stuck with sealants.

Cora offers around 4/5 months protection so perfect for winter. Never the less it certainly improved the gloss levels no end.

Borrowing Show from Ste next week hopefully to layer on over Cora. Seen as the car is now well protected I can use show waxes knowing that when they wear off there's plenty left underneath :)

• Like 3

I've got Autoperfekt Hybrid Sealant and a coat of fusso on below Cora. Although they were applied around 3 weeks ago during the winter detail. I enjoy waxing the car every so often so stuck with sealants.

Cora offers around 4/5 months protection so perfect for winter. Never the less it certainly improved the gloss levels no end.

Borrowing Show from Ste next week hopefully to layer on over Cora. Seen as the car is now well protected I can use show waxes knowing that when they wear off there's plenty left underneath :)

The Autoperfekt products are getting some great reviews at the moment..... i will have to try them out.

I also dug out Definitive Show Edition for you Karl - ready and waiting.  :thumbup:

• Like 1