Wrong oil in my fabia vrs!

Lee1979

Hi all need some advice please I have stupidly put castrol magnatec C3 in my fabia vrs as who ever owned the car before me hasnt filled her up i have only put in half a ltr but it is enough to cause me some concern do I jack it up and drop the lot from underneath with filter change or run it for 10 miles or so then bring it back and empty via pela 6000 with new filter any suggestions????

Tia

Lee

You can top it up with 'normal' oil to get you out of a jam. Half a litre won't cause any problems unless Magnatec C3 is 2-stroke oil or something. The main change should use the correct spec oil.

I think people are very hung-up on the oil spec question.

Good knows when next service is though I did turn the service light off just last week so I'd say any time now should I just run it for 15 odd miles down the bypass then suck it out and change with castrol edge td to be on safe side???

Did you not look at the service history before you bought the car? Not trying to be funny but it's pretty basic stuff to cover before handing over the money!

Anyway, I'd suggest you read through the service history and find out when it was last serviced. If it's due a service then you might as well do a full oil change. If it was me and I was unsure about the service history I'd probably give it a full service, all fluids and filters, for piece of mind. 

I'd also look at when the cam belt was last changed, it's imperative on these that it's done to schedule as they can be prone to going if neglected. Every 60k or 4 years, whichever comes first is the service schedule for the cam belt, people also have the water pump done at the same time seeing as it's driven from the cam belt.

Cam belt was done at 122 with recipt and is now 147 so I'm happy with that, to be fair to the bloke it got load of service history up till last year so I'd say he's hasn't done it this time as per selling the car I will dump the oil and start again as safer option will do oil filter same time and do fuel and air and pollon filter nxt month do you think I'd should drive it for 10 mile or so to heat up the oil or just dump it via sump plug??

Edited by Lee1979

For the price, id just do a small winter service anyway.

drop the oil and change the oil filter, take out the air filter and give it a clean or replace. should cost around £40 or somthing and thats it sorted for a while.

Fill in the service history book by hand or start logging your own. I usually take a picture of my clocks so i know the exact mileage.

Cheers hutchysrs50 how easy is the sump plug to get to mate as I was going to buy a pela 6000 and go from the top but od rather do it from the bottom in this instance and doing the oil cold so I dnt have to drive it to far ie just swap cars on the drive to do the change rather than driving around to warm up oil to drop from the top???

You need to get some height to be able to get access under the car, ideally while keeping the car it flat.

Half the time is spent unscrewing the plastic under-engine pan to be able to reach the plug.

Don't over-tighten the sump plug but with any kind of mechanical sensitivity you should be fine.

Cheers hutchysrs50 how easy is the sump plug to get to mate as I was going to buy a pela 6000 and go from the top but od rather do it from the bottom in this instance and doing the oil cold so I dnt have to drive it to far ie just swap cars on the drive to do the change rather than driving around to warm up oil to drop from the top???

idealy a jack is needed, even more so if the undertray is still fitted to the car as that can be a pain to remove.

Ive used a pump plenty of times no issue, Aslong as you get the hose to the very bottom of the sump its fine. I just wouldnt do it every service, i somtimes use an engine flush anyway so taking the sump plug out is the only option.

If you see the amount of oil that stays sitting in the engine anyway, it doesnt make much difference. Plenty stays hidden in the cylinder head that doesnt come out and gets mixed in with the fresh oil.

Cheers hutch I'm going to jack it up I think and slap it on stands what's the best oil to buy though was going to buy castrol edge? But that is diffrent to what the spec is for the fabia vrs???

And thank you to from the darkness I appricate all advice so going to get all kit I need plus new sump plug as well I think glad I haven't drove it then I just noticed it was really low didn't think about spec.as it say skoda on the container oh well we live and learn there's load I want to do and need to do too so I want to look after it have noticed oil/soot from boost pipes from egr so after this and a few other things ie new mats, rear wiper and gear stick insert that will be next!

As the comments about id replace the oil completly for piece of mind, go easy on the sump plug it strips easliy i bought mine and found previous owner had stripped it, £150 for a new sump from skoda :(

thank you all for you advice sorry for late reply was watching that **** Keith Lemon lol I'm going to use motul oil just over the winter period then have it terra cleaned in the spring with complete service and castrol edge slapped in her as funds are tight as Xmas is around the corner!!

Magnatec C3 is either a 5w-40 or 5w-30 weight oil (you don't actually provide us with that information) and both are VW502/505 approved, so it's fine for a vehicle on fixed service intervals.  Assuming the vRS is a petrol engine or a diesel without a DPF (you don't say) you're good to go and use as much of it as you like.  You can even do a full oil change with it.

Maybe have a bit of a google next time & look up the data sheets on the Castrol UK web site.

BTW: Are the punctuation keys broken on your keyboard?  You really make it difficult.

Try reading this written in your style:

Magnatec C3 is either a 5w-40 or 5w-30 weight oil you don't actually provide us with that information and both are VW502 505 approved, so it's fine for a vehicle on fixed service intervals assuming the vRS is a petrol engine or a diesel without a DPF you don't say you're good to go and use as much of it as you like  You can even do a full oil change with it Maybe have a bit of a google next time & look up the data sheets on the Castrol UK web site.

• Like 1

Well suck a duck!!! here was I thinking I was asking for advice, just because I never used punctuation marks I get belittled!!! Well anyhow, thanks for all your advice I will be dropping the lot, so won't be needing to worry about what's in there! And for the who person who thought they would give me an English lesson with advice.....eat my diesel soot!!!!. How rude!!!!.

Well suck a duck!!! here was I thinking I was asking for advice, just because I never used punctuation marks I get belittled!!! Well anyhow, thanks for all your advice I will be dropping the lot, so won't be needing to worry about what's in there! And for the who person who thought they would give me an English lesson with advice.....eat my diesel soot!!!!. How rude!!!!.

Not being rude, just asking that you supply sufficient information to give an informed reply and not write in stream of consciousness mode.

I gave you the correct answer to what your issue was.

• Like 3

Cheers hutch I'm going to jack it up I think and slap it on stands what's the best oil to buy though was going to buy castrol edge? But that is diffrent to what the spec is for the fabia vrs???

My lazy way to change fabia oil uses two  thick boards / planks I had left over from some shelving. One is longer than the other so I put one on the other to get a useful lift with a step so it is easy to drive on. I position car with one side on kerb and the other side I drive onto the boards so car is almost level and with just enough clearance to reach sump plug.

Again thanks for all your suggestions, I will jack it up and drop the oil next week and put fresh motul in till spring time. Brad thank you for the advice, but I didn't need a grammar lesson just advice but thank you all the same!

thank you all for you advice sorry for late reply was watching that **** Keith Lemon lol I'm going to use motul oil just over the winter period then have it terra cleaned in the spring with complete service and castrol edge slapped in her as funds are tight as Xmas is around the corner!!

Read up plenty on terra diesel before you get it done mate. Really good thread in the fabia 2 section where a bloke had it done and it knackered his fuel pump. He sent the pump off for investigation to find out the failure mode and they established the terra clean didn't lubricate the fuel pump sufficiently and it caused irreversible damage whilst it was being ran through the engine.

Can't remember if it was terra clean on a petrol or terra diesel on a diesel. Thread is a decent read all the same.

It was like finding out Santa Claus isn't real seeing Edd China fronting that ****e, it broke my heart! Lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1