Model year - 2016 news

I don't know if any one has posted but here are some news for MY17 (2016 from 22 week).

-phonebox will have an option of wirless charging

-rear view mirror will be without an edge. The glass will be to the edge like in Touran (see below picture)

-they will update ambient light from 3 to 10 color LED of choose

If this news exist on the forum please delete the post. :)

image-865710-galleryV9-qxed.jpg

• Like 3

That will be a MY17 car (post edited to include the info)

The 10 colour ambient lighting would have been nice, but I dare say it won't be too dear to upgrade the controller?? if you feel the need.

Not sure about the wireless charging as I do not like to keep the battery topped up as its not good for them.

SuperB-NI, where did you get this info from? We all know about the inductive charging but where did you read about frameless rear view mirror (same as Passat too) & additional ambient colour lighting options? Do you work for Skoda by any chance??  ;)

Btw, 10 colour options seems a lot if you ask me....even S Class has only 7 colour options so the info doesn't seem to be reliable!

Edited by joeboy1980

That will be a MY17 car (post edited to include the info)

The 10 colour ambient lighting would have been nice, but I dare say it won't be too dear to upgrade the controller?? if you feel the need.

Not sure about the wireless charging as I do not like to keep the battery topped up as its not good for them.

Hi again Gizmo68,

Modern batteries do not retain a memory like older one's.

Sorry (my smiles do not work on my iPad) I am honestly not picking on you even thought that is twice I have responded.

The info is from a member on our forum (Skoda Klub Slovenija) and he is working as a local dealer. Also some other person which works for Skoda Slovenia has the same info.

I am 99% sure that those are correct informations. But still let we see what will future bring to the new Superb. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I know that this is an old thread but was wondering if the same sources got any wind about impending MY18 changes? Will replace the LR3 with a Superb but would definitely hold my breath for a HUD and a full digital instrument cluster...