Octy VRS insurance

M11UKR

Hi to all

Got the quote today from Chris Knott for my VRS of £650, it is lowest price I found at the time.

Can you tell me if it is good price compere to yours? I'm 37, many years no claim bonus etc.

My friend bought 2 years old Audi A4 S-Line and insure it only for £500 full comp, he is younger the me, live almost the same area. Whats wrong with VRS's?

I put the car for sale because lowest price was £920 till Chris Knott gave me a hope to keep my car....

Thank you

Did you get a quote from the same Insurance company as your friend.

& does your friend do the same type of job as you.

Park the car the same as you do, on street or off, do the same miles annually and use for commuting or not.?

My God, very clever.

Do you pay £200?

Try Google insurance search  They came up with much better quotes than the Compare the Market and Go Compare as these comparison websites are mainly owned by insurance companies who have a vested interest in making a profit so may not show all the policies available to you. My Chris Knott renewal was way higher than the competition, they would match the quotes but I would expect some loyalty from the many years I had used them but I guess I was naive on the front. That plus cockups early in the year when I changed cars and I had lost confidence in them too so moved elsewhere, Admiral in fact on a like for like cover. A phone call to them will sometimes give you a bit more cover or lower premium as they can tailor the insurance more.

I had quotes much cheaper, less than half the price of Chris Knott but you need to remember if the worst was to happen you need these people to handle the claim efficiently so search for reviews of people who have made claims and how it was handled rather than I saved £X amount. 

For comparison. I'm 7 years older than you, Fully comp, legal and courtesy car, car parked in the drive, 9 years protected NCD, one non fault claim 2 years ago, Social-Commuting-Business mileage and my quote from Chris Knott was 37% less than yours. Moving to Admiral was 48% cheaper. If you live in high risk area, modified your car or park on the road your quote is going to be higher.

Edited by CWARD

When I was your age I was getting quotes down to £120 fully comp for my VRS.

Big part of it will be your post code, even if your mate is nearby if he's in a different postcode he can get a different price. Maybe there have been thefts or other claims in your area you're not aware of.

Prices have gone up in general this year.

It's possibly that the insurers have a particular thing about insuring VRSs in London. They use some very complex statistics to make up the prices.

Best option is to try some comparisons sites as well and maybe some cashback sites like Quidco

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If not, feel free to drop me a line and I can arrange for our quotes team to give you a call.

Kind Regards

Dan

I made online quote two days ago, next day no one calls back, I rang today, they keep me waiting for 30 minutes and my patience just finish....

What do you need from me to find out the price?

Cheers

I have a 63 plate MKIII Vrs and I pay less than £220 Fully comp Me and the Wife.

Gold price!

I love my car, see it outside waiting for insurance and my heart stoping.

By the way, my classic car insurance is cheap, my Octavia 1.6 tdi insurance price acceptable, the hell only with VRS which spend time in the garage next to my Chevy.....

£650, ouch! I'm in my late twenties and paid £225 with Chris Knott (they matched my AXA quote from a comparison site).

Must be your postcode/occupation or something like that.

Probably the first problem its London!

Probably the first problem its London!

Sounds a good price for London! Do you just insure all the other cars with zero NCB and keep them for the vRS to get the price down? 

If you have more than one car in the household try the Admiral multi car policy. Doesn't matter if one isn't due for renewal as the will pro rota it and the discount makes a big difference.

• Like 1

If you have more than one car in the household try the Admiral multi car policy. Doesn't matter if one isn't due for renewal as the will pro rota it and the discount makes a big difference.

+1 for that and Aviva also worth a try, they offered to mirror my NCB on both cars recently £504.79 for both with all the trimmings. 

Sounds a good price for London! Do you just insure all the other cars with zero NCB and keep them for the vRS to get the price down?

Classic car insurance companys don't accept NCB from normal cars

Thank you. Will try if not sell the car tomorrow.

The guys come to see the car today, have a look on it, felt happy but when they start the engine the managment light comes ON, I was shocked, it never comes ON before. I did not tuch the car about 3 weeks maybe some sensors sticking?! They are left deposit and come tomorrow with VCDS man......Bad luck? )

A little anecdotal, but my bother recently moved house to an area about 7 miles from his old house. He called up the insurance company to change his address and they told him they would no longer cover him. Apparently this wasn't due to crime levels, but that his new house was within about a mile of a roundabout where there are a lot of accidents and therefore claims. He doesn't even drive that way to work.

I had terrible trouble with Endsleigh (10yr ago now). I moved, literally, to a house two streets away (Tweedmill Brae to Pirnie Mill which will mean something to George) less than 100m in a straight line, both cul-de-sacs with the lowest insurance code.

Endsleigh without any explanation to start with refused to insure me at the new address. They also refused to cancel the policy to let me take on out with anyone else and wanted to charge a large fee to let me out the policy.

After much arguments which involved me having to travel to their offices in Dundee I was passed to a legal manger.

It turned out they wouldn't insure me because THEIR database was incomplete (it wasn't a new estate it had been there since 1989).

Sorted in the end after it got to that stage. They promised a discount on my renewal for the trouble but it never appeared so they were dropped never to be used again.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Frick me that's alot! I've just been quoted £190 for my new tsi. I'm 33, driving 12 years and 10 years ncb. Thats with SWMBO on it aswell and she's not long passed her test

Edited by MRJSVRS

I currently pay £540 a year for my 2008 vRS CR170 standard.  Even though i like in a good area of Glasgow, we share out postcode (well the initial part) with one of the worst areas of Glasgow.  Im 35 with 8-10 years NCB but 3 point for an SP30.