Best tyre dressing applicator

Chunk11

Okay guys having got to grips with detailing the bodywork/wheels I'm now onto perfecting detailing the tyres.

I currently use megs endurance tyre gel are there any better recommendations?

But the hardest part for me is sorting out a decent applicator pad. I have tried the cheap foam applicator pads and they all seem to disintegrate after month or to. What are the best applicator pads that everybody is using?

Thanks,

Chunk

Hi Mate..... recently i have changed to a handi-puck system for waxing and most dressings, inc tyre work.

Like you i have tried quite a few options and alternatives over time, but this really is proving a winner.

A cheap way to try this out is available on eBay - low cost puck and 3 pads for example....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x-Foam-Sponge-Applicator-Pad-Clean-Car-Vehicle-Glass-Waxing-Polish-Wax-Ball-Set-/261765598925?hash=item3cf2720ecd:g:b9wAAOSw0HVWBl64

$_57.JPG

This proved the concept for me and i have since upgraded to the Auto-Finesse Puck..... and buy 3" pads in packs of 5 for it.

Really versatile solution..... swap pads between polishing, waxing, dressing etc.

Flexipads do a version of the puck, as do Auto Perfection more recently... this includes 2 pads at a reasonable price.

http://www.autoperfectioncarcare.co.uk/shop/auto-perfection-pro-wax-applicator-kit/

Handi-puck.jpg

511947600_640.jpg

I hope this helps - let us know how you get on with whatever you choose to go with  :thumbup:

I have several pads for my Handi Puk and it works a treat! Another good choice & very very cheap is to buy the £0.50p sponges from petrol stations. Cut them up into 4/6 pieces & you have plenty tyre dressing applicators :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't disagree - used these for years before deciding to change.

Definitively one of the better solutions....

Gave my spare one to Alan (BlueR36) as I recall. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Okay thanks guys I am interested in the handipuk system as I also use it for applying wax.

Coops that is the applicator I have previously tried and it just seemed to destroy itself! Maybe I was pressing too hard if others find it good?!

I currently have a shinemate handigrip and was wondering if the Auto-Finesse pads would also fit this?

I am tempted by the tyre spot pad that auto-finesse do.

Cheers,

Chunk

• Like 1

Coops that is the applicator I have previously tried and it just seemed to destroy itself! Maybe I was pressing too hard if others find it good?!

Cheers,

Chunk

Yeah you must be doing something wrong. I've been using mine for yonks and it's still as good now as it was when I bought it.

Edited by mandp
  • Like 1

I'm in the sponge group myself. Just the standard ones with the scourer on the other side. And when one disintegrates get a new one out of the packet, put it near the sink and steel the old kitchen one. The only place you should use a sponge on a car. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

These are great for tyre dressing!

You'll have to wait a little while but order 3 or 4 packs and you'll have spares for a while :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12x-Waxing-Polish-Sponge-Applicator-Pads-Fit-Cleaning-Car-Auto-Glass-Yellow-/252121724848?hash=item3ab3a037b0:g:kzQAAOSw-jhUCYuq

Depending on the product....If its something like Swissvax Pneu or Duragloss 253 then its spray on and use a brush (I have many Swissvax Wheel brushes from my old Swissvax days)

If its something like Chemical Guys trim  & tyre gel, Gtechniq T1, or my now fav Zaino Z16 then its applied with a normal yellow applicator.

• Like 1

I use to apply the product a washing up sponge, it works fairly well for myself.

So a question about tyre/rubber/plastic part dressing.

I'm thinking as the car is still new and clean if I was to start now protecting the engine bay and rubber parts, then later on it would make upkeep easier.

So what product would everyone recommend? I've done a bit of searching on line via the "detailing" forums though I've not signed up to one yet.

The below are a list of possibilities anyone have any experience?

Aerospace 303

Finish Kare #350 Super Polymer Tire Dressing

autofinesse dressle

AG Vinyl care 

I'm not to fussed about shiny finish at all, but I do want protection and it to look like new (if that makes sense). Preferably something that will give at least a month to two months of protection as I don't want to be washing the engine bay too often as I'm worried about long term issues by doing that. (Am I asking too much?)

I've got A vinyl and rubber care and that's fairly good, but nearly out, lasted me ages though so good value for money.

I could just get more but then again I'm think maybe a change would be good.

I've read a few good reviews of drissle, but then again so have I of 303!!

At least I know I can't go wrong with any of them.

Would Car Pro PERL also be up to the job?

I have got myself a shinemate handigrip to apply wax but bought myself the autofinnesse tyre spot pad aswell.

I haven't had chance to test it out yet but will let you know. If all else fails I will go down the route of using a cheap sponge...

Edited by Chunk11

Would Car Pro PERL also be up to the job?

I have got myself a shinemate handigrip to apply wax but bought myself the autofinnesse tyre spot pad aswell.

I haven't had chance to test it out yet but will let you know. If all else fails I will go down the route of using a cheap sponge...

Car pro pearl is a good product, a bit on expensive side but good. It's also dilutable so can be used for interior plastics as well. I've used it on tyres before. Lasted me around a week and a half with neat application although using it that way, you use more = spending more money.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by KarlvRS1991