fabia mk3 Headlight Bulbs?

Or6699

hey, I'm new her.

does any one has change the headlight bulbs?

we have DRL led lights & they looking great.

i want to change the main beam & dipped beam & front fog to something that look like the led lights (white)

if someone do it pls add photo & tell me the type of the bulbs (company, model, name)

thanks and have a good day! :notme:

Edited by Or6699

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Fabia_NJ/10-2014/Manual/Fabia/A06_Fabia_OwnersManual.pdf

H7, AFAK, go for high-end Osrams (Night braker) or Philips equal

I really opted for HIDs when ordering the car, but the option wasn't there. I do like the crisp white light from HIDs so personally I'll replace with bluish bulbs corresponding with the LED DRLs when the day comes.

Edited by pfaff

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Fabia_NJ/10-2014/Manual/Fabia/A06_Fabia_OwnersManual.pdf

H7, AFAK, go for high-end Osrams (Night braker) or Philips equal

I really opted for HIDs when ordering the car, but the option wasn't there. I do like the crisp white light from HIDs so personally I'll replace with bluish bulbs corresponding with the LED DRLs when the day comes.

Try Osram Cool Vision+, they give off 30% more light than standard bulbs but more importantly, they give off a blue/white light if that's what you're after.

Edited by Gazbull17

does any one have picture of the new headlights?

did it look original?

Not sure what you mean, but have a look in the Fabia III Picture Thread. Lots of pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't blind. Cut-off is very good.

We need aproxx 2 hours for instalation, because we must to remove front bumper. We need to drill plastic covers for HID set instalation. :/

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Edited by Markkoni

Doesn't blind. Cut-off is very good.

We need aproxx 2 hours for instalation, because we must to remove front bumper. We need to drill plastic covers for HID set instalation. :/

did you buy it from ebay?

did u change the dipped beam & front fog lights?

I will put LED H7 lights in dipped beam. Effect is like bixenon.

I thought high beam.

And MOT vont be void when installed?

Sorry, I don't understand that. :/

I thought high beam.

Sorry, I don't understand that. :/

Well, I know that I cannot pass the annual vehicle safety test if any standard approvements are violated. That sadly also does include headlights which are not E-labelled, even if it results in a clear improvement.

i have just put 6000k hid bulbs in mine and make the car really stand out they just look like xenon but a fraction of the cost. the bulbs are hard to get into i ended up putting it into a garage to get done but look amazing. got bulbs from hids direct based in manchester and no errors on car at all

• 11 months later...

Quick question for those of you that have installed HID in your Mk3.

Do any of you have problems with on of the bulbs not turning one due to bulb check?

On mine, if I wait with turning on the engine till the bulbs have warmed up then it's no problem. But if i turn one the engine right away the left bulb won't turn on and the car gives an bulb error, and I need to restart the car to get the bulb to turn one and the error to go away

The ballasts are connected directly to the wire harness where the h7 bulb is normally connected.

I have tried changing the adaptation "type of load" to xenon low beam, but that made no difference, is there an other type that would make the car not turning the bulb off for protection and show an error?

Edited by Alexsus

• 4 months later...

We have the new skoda fabia for 3 weeks. I changed the low beam light bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker laser H7. 

Do you know what type of light bulb is needed for the high beam? I looked in the owners manual, but it's not written what type is needed just how to change it. Do I need to buy H1 or H11?

5 hours ago, bogdan_dsn said:

We have the new skoda fabia for 3 weeks. I changed the low beam light bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker laser H7. 

Do you know what type of light bulb is needed for the high beam? I looked in the owners manual, but it's not written what type is needed just how to change it. Do I need to buy H1 or H11?

Same as low beam, H7

• 1 month later...

Hoping someone can help. There's videos showing how to remove the headlight unit by simply releasing a white plastic nut and pulling a lever which allows the whole unit to be slid out. This makes changing bulbs a doddle. 

BUT......these vids are for the mk2 and the mk3 is very different. 

The bulb on the drivers side (right hand drive) is easy enough to get too, but access to the offside bulb is severely restricted by the battery. I'd rather not remove the battery as that can cause other problems - radio codes etc.

Can anyone offer any help?

You're right about the LHS bulb being tricky to get to - removing the battery would make it much easier.

There is an access panel in the wheel well, through which you can (just) put your hand to remove and replace the bulbs.

However if like me, you have large hands it is a very tight fit, and accessing the bulb spring is really fiddly, especially if trying to fit LED or HID bulbs.  

That said, if you're fitting (replacing) halogen bulbs, a little patience is all you need. And perhaps some thin rubber gloves if you have large hands!

Does anyone have any tips about removing the battery? I'm considering it so I can fit the H4 LED's that I have - it was just too fiddly to get the LHS one in.

No problem with removing the battery. Several on here, including myself, have popped the battery to change the %*&^ bulbs ! 

No problem with codes or anything else when reconnecting.

That access panel wasn't much use, for me at least - except as an inspection hatch, to have a look at the layout in the headlamp.

As for "a little patience" ... I would recommend the catering-size bottle of patience. At least two of them. One for each headlamp.

Stock up on Magic Words as well.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:57, FinFerNan said:

Hoping someone can help. There's videos showing how to remove the headlight unit by simply releasing a white plastic nut and pulling a lever which allows the whole unit to be slid out. This makes changing bulbs a doddle. 

BUT......these vids are for the mk2 and the mk3 is very different. 

I thought that was for the MKII FL OCTAVIA?