1st service

Probably not unless there is an enforced service bulletin for something. They might perform ECU updates to improve running if there are any but they rarely if at all perform infortainment firmware upgrades....and never Sat Nav mapping updates as the onus is on the customer to keep this up to date (there is a web portal where you can download the latest mapping info...couple of updates per year I believe but its a number of Gb for Amundsen and many Gbs for Columbus).

They won't do update unless you need it - I had my infotainment software updated as the Columbus crashed a few times and was dropping DAB signal ;) - but need to give them heads-up on this as it took a few days for them to get the software issued from skoda HQ (I had to take it back).

Yep, despite the Skoda Promise plastered all over the showroom that servicing with a main dealer includes software updates, you don't get any on the O3 unless there is a TSB issued to correct a known issue.

You most definitely have to push to get firmware updates on the infotainment units, you need to have a known fault and then the dealer has to get authorisation from the factory.

No harm in asking though.

On the update portal for the navigation unit maps it states:
"Leave update to your service partner
(Note: Update on the service partner is charged according to his hourly rate.)"

So unless your dealer is very nice, they will charge you 1 hour of labour to do it.

No harm in asking though.

They are supposed to check for "software enhancements" on either the fixed (minor) or variable (major) services, whether they actually do or not is another matter...

A minor service includes:

• Oil & filter change (fully synthetic oil)
  • Vehicle inspection test and report*
  • Full vehicle road test**
  • Vehicle & software enhancements from ŠKODA’s database
  • Replacement pollen filter †
  • Diagnostic check including report
  • Re-set service interval display
  • Wash and vacuum
  • ŠKODA stamp in service book

A major service includes:

• Everything from a minor service
  • Replacement air filter †
  • Spark plugs † (petrol engine) or fuel filter † (diesel engine)
  • Remove wheels and check brakes
  • Check/ adjust tension of all drive belts
  • Check/ replenish gearbox oil (where applicable)
  • Check/ replenish final drive oil (where applicable)
  • Check suspension system
  • Check heating/ aircon operation

Mine went in for the first service the other week, but it also had a recall at the same time that was explained to me as a instrument cluster update. Not actually sure what they did.

They are supposed to check for "software enhancements" on either the fixed (minor) or variable (major) services, whether they actually do or not is another matter...

A minor service includes:

• Oil & filter change (fully synthetic oil)
  • Vehicle inspection test and report*
  • Full vehicle road test**
  • Vehicle & software enhancements from ŠKODA’s database
  • Replacement pollen filter †
  • Diagnostic check including report
  • Re-set service interval display
  • Wash and vacuum
  • ŠKODA stamp in service book

A major service includes:

• Everything from a minor service
  • Replacement air filter †
  • Spark plugs † (petrol engine) or fuel filter † (diesel engine)
  • Remove wheels and check brakes
  • Check/ adjust tension of all drive belts
  • Check/ replenish gearbox oil (where applicable)
  • Check/ replenish final drive oil (where applicable)
  • Check suspension system
  • Check heating/ aircon operation
What they do for the money isn't really very much, lots of where applicable, if required, symbols etc. I don't understand the service regime at all. Mine was serviced a couple of months ago at 27,000 miles and was classed as a 1st variable which appears to be a minor service. Checked the service setting the other day and it says oil change due in 16,700 miles or 700ish days, inspection due in 16,700 miles or 300ish days. Has the dealer set it wrong or do they need an inspection every 12 months ? There is no service book so no stamp, and no written explanation of when filters etc should be replaced. (The technicians service sheet and the invoice does say recalls and updates checked - none required). Edited by classic

When I asked how much the service cost here in Germany they looked at me like an idiot, eventually verbally they told me € 350, I asked how much if I bring my own oil € 200 plus € 10 for disposal of the old oil. No written quote though.

• Like 1