Skip to content

build/delivery times?

Featured Replies

Picked my L&K 150 Tdi up today, 5 weeks from order to delivery.

  • Replies 487
  • Views 51.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • speedsport
    speedsport

    Well, the new 1.4 L&K Yeti collected today and brought home. I'm rather impressed actually, though I've only done 6 miles in it so far. Seems quieter than previous one, but initial thoughts are th

  • Yippee, new 1.4Tsi arrives at dealer today, having been built week 15. Had phone call asking if they could register it this month to boost their sales figures for April. A full tank of fuel or similar

  • GreenlineIIEstate
    GreenlineIIEstate

    Been to drop the retention for private plate at the dealers and had a quick play with the car.   Didn't drive it but started her up and much quieter as expected than the diesel.   Satnav/audio uni

Posted Images

5 weeks is a great turn round! Enjoy!

Well I picked up my Mag Brown 1.4 L&K today having ordered on 13th Feb. To all those still waiting please keep your chin up as it is worth the wait !

How come you got yours so quickly skodanick?  I ordered mine on 6th January in Petrol Blue and still no news other than build week looks like it will be week 15.  That's next week!  Then I have to wait until it gets over here etc etc.

Well I picked up my Mag Brown 1.4 L&K today having ordered on 13th Feb. To all those still waiting please keep your chin up as it is worth the wait !

Ordered a mag brown 1.4 L&K at the end of Jan, not sure it's even built yet, expecting it early May! Mines a lease, wonder if retail customers get some advantage?

Ordered my 2.0TDi SEL DSG on February 5th.

Collecting it tomorrow!

How come you got yours so quickly skodanick?  I ordered mine on 6th January in Petrol Blue and still no news other than build week looks like it will be week 15.  That's next week!  Then I have to wait until it gets over here etc etc.

 

 

Ordered a mag brown 1.4 L&K at the end of Jan, not sure it's even built yet, expecting it early May! Mines a lease, wonder if retail customers get some advantage?

I too am wondering how Skodanick seems to have jumped the queue for his 1.4!! If on average delivery is 2 weeks after build week, that means it must have been built in week 12 or 13. Like YetiSteve I ordered my 1.4L&K at the beginning of Jan and the latest info provided a fortnight ago is that it will be built week 15 - which should be this coming week. So it appears Nick's car has been at least 6 weeks quicker from order to build than the rest of us!

 

Lucky chap!

Edited by speedsport

still looking at build week 20, so collecting 22/23. right when i'm away on holiday :(. oh well, it'll be something to look forward to on my return.  not looking forward to the train journey from aberdeen to preston to get it though.

 

worth the wait.

I too am wondering how Skodanick seems to have jumped the queue for his 1.4!! If on average delivery is 2 weeks after build week, that means it must have been built in week 12 or 13. Like YetiSteve I ordered my 1.4L&K at the beginning of Jan and the latest info provided a fortnight ago is that it will be built week 15 - which should be this coming week. So it appears Nick's car has been at least 6 weeks quicker from order to build than the rest of us!

Lucky chap!

The only thing I can think is a 1.4 L&K was already on order from the dealer as a 'stock' car and the order wasn't 'locked down' so things like colour and final spec could be changed.

Mine was about 6 weeks from order to build date and 2 weeks until I took delivery.

Ordered ours 2 weeks ago. Just been advised by dealer that they are waiting for MY17 build slots to be allocated. Does anybody know what the changes might be?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Simon-R

No idea. I asked my dealer when ordering and he reckoned it wouldn't be anything major as there was a big change last time around with the new engines etc. My order has slipped from week 19 to week 20.

The only thing I can think is a 1.4 L&K was already on order from the dealer as a 'stock' car and the order wasn't 'locked down' so things like colour and final spec could be changed.

 

Yes I'm wondering this as well. FYI the build date of the vehicle was 16th March, so 4.5 weeks after order date on 13th Feb. When I collected the car I mentioned to the salesman that a lot of people seemed to be getting longer lead times; he didn't know why that was but he did say that if I had ordered mine a week later I would have been looking at a significantly longer wait.

 

Somehow I just got lucky, sorry everyone else is having to experience a longer wait.

Edited by skodanick

Order placed 25 Feb, into dealer's compound 8 April.
First look today 11 April. Handover on 28 April.
In (part) white transit protection but that and the uprotected paintwork to front and sides and the side windows have been liberally strafed and dive-bombed by seagulls after a Friday night curry.
Advised dealer that any evidence of resultant etching or bloom will result in my rejecting the new car at handover time.

Advised dealer that any evidence of resultant etching or bloom will result in my rejecting the new car at handover time.

Did he try and sell you Super-guard or life shine to protect the paintwork, Super-guard comes with a bird poo neutraliser, which is petty good at shifting the stuff once it sets like concrete on the bodywork.

 

Likewise I was less than impressed when I had a pre collection look at my Yeti, looked like it had been driven across the fields, but cleaned up OK by handover.

Thanks for the cleaned up OK reassurance!

 

He did try, on several occasions, but I felt that at much less than the crazy price quoted, I could buy all the AutoGlym components from Halfords etc

and then take the time to do the job properly myself (£nil hourly labour rate as I'm retired). Sorry but little faith in the lads in the workshop spending time

doing the job properly and at handover, the car will be as clean as a new pin anyway, (or else!), before I start applying the elbow grease.

I could buy all the AutoGlym components from Halfords etc

Halford's and all other retail outlets do not sell the LifeShine product.

AFAIK the only place the general public can obtain it is on eBay and you are taking a chance that it is the genuine original product with the instructions for applying it.

My apologies

In error, I had presumed that LifeShine was synonymous with the AutoGlym branded range of products - which are themselves not exactly cheap -

(Surface Detailing Clay, High Definition Wax, Super Resin Polish....etc)

If all I am missing is the special water beading spray, so be it.

The AutoGlym range will probably suffice and '3 for 2' in Halfords until June.

 

(and the Skoda UK AutoGlym Lifeshine Bag - Full Valeting Kit    from Horton's Skodashop (£67.50, rrp £120) contains the same AutoGlym products as the shelves at Halfords)

I've had LifeShine and similar on previous cars but didn't bother with the Yeti.

 

As said, the Autoglym products do a very good job. I've never bothered with claying but use the other stuff plus the Quick Detailer after some washes. I like the car to look nice but a show finish is a waste of time for a car used routinely. One journey on a damp road can undo all the good work.

Edited by VAGCF

noted with thanks

 

Bexhillian

I have enough AotoGlym products to last a while. :notme:
Image1_zpsbuciyssa.jpg

Great stuff.

 

 I've got two shelves full, albeit not as long! :D

 

And since I was educated on all things car washing, numerous drying towels, microfibre cloths, cleaning mitts and two buckets etc! Haven't got any grit guards though yet.

 

And of course, us motorcyclists need even more stuff!

Edited by VAGCF

You can pick up the exact same Lifeshine treatment kit quite easily, e.g. from eBay. It can often be quite poorly applied and sub-standard vehicle preparation beforehand anyway, so you're better doing it yourself so you know it's been done properly. Or employing the services of a professional, rather than the dealership.

 

Otherwise, as already said, you'd be better off investing in other car cleaning/detailing products instead.

It Exists!

 

My dealer's just phoned to say my new Yeti is built and cleared for shipping to port.  Ordered 7th Jan, built week 15.

Now things depend on where it is in the queue to get on the train to Emden (or wherever), how many cars are ahead of it at the port, when the next ship is due, how quickly it is released from the UK port (given that there's currently a backlog of cars awaiting transporters), and when it arrives at the dealer. Then in theory it's 3 days max for PDI, registration and finance.

What's the betting it arrives on the Monday after I go away for a fortnight! Actually, that may be better than immediately driving a brand new car 320 miles up the M6 to catch a ferry from Oban! (varying the speed - 20 miles at 50mph, 20 miles at 70, 20 miles at 60  etc!)

 

I'm not holding my breath..... 

Edited by speedsport

Nice one, John!!
Funnily enough I got a phone call from Brian at Sinclair Skoda saying my 6 month old SE L arrived at the dealers today, so needs valeting and a few bits adding, and have arranged to collect it next Friday lunchtime.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.