Lost power while driving. Had to put into park & restart

Hi Everyone.  Bit of a problem down in Australia with my 2012 TS 118 Superb Elegance wagon.

My wife was driving and it completely lost power. She got to the end of our street, and turned left up a steep hill. When she accellerated (in standard drive, not sports or manual shift), it pulled away then cut out. 

Engine stopped, all electricals shut off & only the battery icon displayed on the dash. She lost power steering & brakes of course. Bloody worrying, as she's heavily pregnant plus had our toddler in the back, and I worry what would have happened if she was doing 100km on the freeway.

We've had the car about 3 months. 56,000 on the clock. Had a decent inspection by VW before we bought it.
Only issue we had was a new key was cut & programmed by an auto locksmith as the dealer only provided one. But the wife thinks she was using the original key.

I know the factory warranty peroid expired just as we bought it. Might give Skoda Australia a call but thought I'd ask everyone's opinion on the potential cause.

Best check a Skoda Online Recall checker in Australia or with a Dealer and see if your car should have been part of 

the World Wide recall which was just a Service Campaign in some World Regions.

Maybe get the Mechatronics Control Unit checked and the Field Actions done free by Skoda Australia.

Here is what the Skoda NZ Site says.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

You need to run a scan to pull the fault codes stored in the car's memory.

Most garages have the ability to read the codes.

Not sure how many fellow Briskoda members there are in Australia but anyone with VCDS can do it for free with a laptop computer.

Thanks for the heads up on the DSG recall.  I checked my VIN On the Skoda Australia site, but no recalls or service campaigns are listed.  Looks like the NZ campaign was for Superbs between 2009 & 2011 so mine was just after.

Was wondering if maybe the Superb just simply stalled. Not common but not impossible in an auto.  Wife was turning hard left from slow speed and booted it up hill, so maybe that could have induced a stall?  Would also explain why I haven't found any obvious error codes below.

I bought VCDS & cable not long back luckily.  Ran a full diagnostic fault scan and other than a couple of stereo related errors about inconsistant communication or something, this engine code was listed.

The following page seems to explain it also - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16825/P0441/001089

I'm no mechanic so Im not sure if this would explain it.

Tuesday,17,November,2015,21:58:49:33490
VCDS Version: Release 12.12.3 (x64)

Address 01: Engine       Labels: 06J-907-115-CDA.clb
Control Module Part Number: 3T0 907 115 G    HW: 1Z0 907 115 F
  Component and/or Version: 1.8l R4/4V TFSI     0030
           Software Coding: 0203000C24070160
            Work Shop Code: WSC 33361 790 00075
                      VCID: 3567578F5CC3A4B678B-8060
1 Fault Found:

001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys 
               P0441 - 000 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100000
                    Fault Priority: 0
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 255
                    Mileage: 56936 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2039.14.13
                    Time: 17:51:45

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 842 /min
                    Load: 18.0 %
                    Speed: 0.0 km/h
                    Temperature: 91.0°C
                    Temperature: 44.0°C
                    Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
                    Voltage: 13.843 V

Readiness: 0000 0000

Check your car with Skoda Australia as to any Recall or Service Campaign required, there have been VIN checker issues in some

World Regions.

The NZ Website means nothing with the 2009-2011. That might be their vehicle Imports, and not the same as Australia.

When Service Campaigns started in Europe / UK vehicles from 2009-2014 have had Field Actions done because 

they had Synthetic Oil in the DSG from the Factory.

Thanks lads.  Its just starting to warm up here, so around that time it would have been between 18deg & 25deg.

I'll give Skoda Australia a call and see what they have to say.

Has anyone ever had a DSG just stall, especially under acelleration from a slow/standing start?