My New R

octavia5

Does not seem to matter what colour, they just blend in and are so difficult to spot until it is past you.

Enjoy the car they are an awesome bit of kit and it just amazes me how even in wet conditions you can floor it and not even a flicker on the ESC it just goes!!

Nice colour choice too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my new Golf R, Limestone Grey, DSG, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, uncle tom cobely and all

Pics taken in Dealer Showroom so excuse the reflections, they have done a good job in the prep, no scratches or swirls and all tyre pressures correct, if you are looking for a VW recommend going to Orangewheels for a good discount if they refer you to Inchcape VW in Swindon  - nice guys and good service.

DSCN0465%20copy_zps95umpwo2.jpg

DSCN0464%20copy1_zpskbhggas2.jpg

DSCN0468%20copy1_zpstbq9giyk.jpg

DSCN0470%20copy1_zpsicyarb3t.jpg

Need to decide whether to debadge the sides and rear, had planned to but they seem to blend into the background on this colour.

Great looking motor. What upholstery and Sat-nav?

Probably a fantastic discount!

Enjoy the experience. Good to hear that the Swindon Dealership near me did you proud

Looking good. Pretty much the same spec as what I ordered apart from oryx white and the 19 inch wheels.

Orange wheels aren't the cheapest. Drive the deal or carfile.net are cheaper!

Looking good. Pretty much the same spec as what I ordered apart from oryx white and the 19 inch wheels.

Orange wheels aren't the cheapest. Drive the deal or carfile.net are cheaper!

Does seem to vary form time to time, I checked all the sites and found Orangwheels were £150 cheaper at the time I ordered and I was able to inspect before paying/collecting, cant remember which one but one site was another £80 cheaper but only delivered to home after you had paid with no option to collect - there are some weird conditions applied to some sites and not all dealer locations were suitable.  Its always best to shop around.

Does seem to vary form time to time, I checked all the sites and found Orangwheels were £150 cheaper at the time I ordered and I was able to inspect before paying/collecting, cant remember which one but one site was another £80 cheaper but only delivered to home after you had paid with no option to collect - there are some weird conditions applied to some sites and not all dealer locations were suitable. Its always best to shop around.

I would never have one delivered! Too much risk there.

Great looking motor. What upholstery and Sat-nav?

Probably a fantastic discount!

Enjoy the experience. Good to hear that the Swindon Dealership near me did you proud

Standard Upholstery

Tech Pack includes Discover Pro Navigation and Dynaudio soundpack upgrade plus assorted connect options I still do not fully understand.

I was more than happy with the discount and package offered via Orangwheels and Inchcape, near 14% at the time and they delivered the car in less than 3 months where my 2 local dealerships could  not offer more than 8% and a 6 month delivery

The colour is great and subtly changes in the light from more Silver to more Gold and does not show the dirt quite as much as my Tungsten Silver GTI did

Lastly on the first 2 tank to tank fills the R is doing the same MPG as the GTI did on the same driving routes, speeds and conditions and that was not expected

• Like 2

Good bit of info there :thumbup:

Would be interested in seeing some photos of this colour, taken outside. Does look like one that changes according to the light :)

• Like 1

I think I need to start one for my car ;)

You,Defenderben and me.(  Kick-off V2 thread 999pooch) R mk7 "The Early Years")

Edited by vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...

OK - first Mod.

Just fitted a DTUK Pedal Box to reduce/eliminate the initial throttle lag that appears to built into all Rs.  First impressions are that it definitely makes a difference, the standard 'dead inch' of throttle travel is all but eliminated and general pick up is definitely sharper.  The car feels much more alive and I have only tried it on its lowest setting so far.

Is not really a tuning mod as it makes no difference to the maximum performance of the car but it certainly feels quicker because of the faster pick up.

Oh have also cleaned and sealed the summer (standard) wheels after fitting my Winters

• Like 1

lovely motor :) 

not seen one in that colour yet either, but it does look good. 

i wouldnt bother de-badging it if i was you. Its an R from the front because of the grill and single line of chrome across the bottom (ive noticed that every Golf ive seen with this, seems to be an R?)... and its an R from the back because of the quad exhausts. Badges dont really make much difference aha. 

Saw one in silver earlier today too, looked nice in that colour. 

Enjoy :) 

Crazy, not seen any other R's out on the moors where I am or in the city of Plymouth, where I spend a lot of time with work but tottled out to Kingsbridge on Friday and parked up, within 3 rows I could count another 3 x R's. Obviously money out around Kingsbridge, all were white too (1x64 & 2x15 plates)

Do like your colour "Octavia5" my local dealer was trying to get me into a fully loaded cancelled order in the same colour a couple of weeks ago, he dropped £4k off the £38k price in seconds but it was too much money to even contemplate.

What is this lag you mention and having a dtuk box?

Not really come across it in sport mode.

I just pull back the gear lever into sport for any overtakes and floor the pedal and then ease off at the legal limit or when past the obstruction ;)

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

Walked into a local VW showroom to negotiate a deal on a Polo GTI.

At the end of that negotiation, I came away with quotes on an R 5DR DSG Hatch in Limestone Grey otherwise base spec.(immediate delivery car in showroom.)

Also an R Estate similar spec and colour.

"I have looked at the deal I can do on the R in the showroom and on an Estate in the Limestone Grey as well.

5dr DSG (showroom car) £29466 a saving of £3964

Est DSG in Limestone Grey £30077 a saving £4049"

That's 13% off Price including VAT. 

Discount by dealers is normally calc on Price excluding VAT.

No tough negotiating necessary.

Always liked the Limestone grey - none around when I was buying.

Edited by vrskeith