Would you have another one? and What would you like to see on new models?

usandstuff

Would you buy another?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy another?

• Definately Yes
    • Not Sure
    • I've had more than one Skoda
    • My First and Last

a VRS combi with leather and lecky windows all round would be cool

Yep, I'd be tempted to go for that to replace mine when the time comes. More likely be an Oct 2.0TDi Sport though I think, as I can't see them making a Combi VRS

i will proberbly get another vrs as the is nothing that gives so much performance for the running costs.

Down side is that the dealers in my area are just a joke.

i had to wait 4 hours to get a problem fixed, they were supposed to have a loan car waiting for me but when i got there they said it wasn't back yet, an hour later they told me it wouldn't be back today but they would try and fix my car while i waited.

in all the time i was there i wasn't offered anything to drink or told what was going on.

it would be ok if this was rare but at this particular dealer (now taken offer by a big company) the attitude seems to be that the customer is always wrong, try to make him/her feel as stupid as possible and most of all make out they are doing you a huge favour into the bargain.

on a new model i'd like to see better standard equipment, mostly relating to the displays, it annoys the hell outta me that i the u lose the clock if u want to see mpg or temp etc.

Hmmm, this thread has really got me thinking. :o

When I chose my Fabia vRS, I wanted a car that looked a little bit classy, and subtly sporty. I wanted good, effortless performance, refinement and had to be really comfy. Good customer service, reliablility and fuel economy were all also important to me.

So, I chose the VW Bora.

However, my car is essentially a company car, and due to my age, I could only have car in insurance group 9 or below, and unfortunately, the only TDI Bora would have been the 100bhp version, which frankly isn't good enough... so the wee Fabia was chosen by default.

Thing is though, now I find myself wanting to spend thousands turning it into the car I really want it to be. Things like footwell and rear headlining lighting, puddle lights, more sound proofing and sound deadening (the little Furby has more rattles than I'd hoped), leather, electric rear windows etc. The seats look great when clean, but I long for leather (something the Bora would have been specced with).

When I add up the sheer amount of money I need to spend on it to get it to how I want, I think I should just save the money and buy a better "package" next time - something like an A4 S-line or similar. (The new Bora is cack imo).

Sadly, none of the current Skoda range float my boat at the moment, the new Octy, as nice as it is, just looks a little too odd, and one with a decent spec is rediculously expensive. The Superb is great, but far to noisy inside to justify (and too big), and the current Fabia - hmmm. All new ones ordered have EURO IV engines (probably just a particulate filter), which will make them much harder to tune.

So in short, I wouldn't be ordering a new Skoda as the range stands, no. Maybe the 2006 Fabia will be worth a look?

But I love mine, and think I'll keep spending on it to get it where I want, and run it until something better comes along (realistically - 150,000 miles). :thumbup:

looking at getting my third fabia today actually. had a fab vrs a standard 1.4 and now looking at a black or blue vrs again. i like them a lot and especially the new octy vrs, would buy oneof them in a heartbeat with no test drive if i had the money but i dont so bugger it.

looking at getting my third fabia today actually. had a fab vrs a standard 1.4 and now looking at a black or blue vrs again

A blue Fabia vRS? Has someone resprayed one :confused:

Steve

only improvement i would make to my vrs fabia would be the DSG box the rest of the car is good value for the price ,,but around town left leg and arm get tired

Yeah, :iagree: - DSG would be a nice option to see, along with leather on the 'official' options list.

Almost certainly 'pie in the sky' but I would love to see a 4x4 version of the vRS as well. To be that would make an impressive cross-country tool :thumbup:

Steve

I'd probably buy another. I'd had two already. 1996-2002-Felicia 1.3LXI and 2002- Octavia 1.4 16valve. I've had more problems with the Octavia than the Felicia but that's been down to the engine ignition coils. (Complete crap).

You could have problems with any car, they can all go wrong and break down. I would never buy one with a small engine again though and am thinking of in a couple of years getting a second hand VRS.

i would have another 1 just not my next car or the 1 after that ....my next car is gonna be an FD rx-7 as a second car to the fabia vRS and then my next first car is gonna be an alfa.......stupid idea i know but im a car nut and need the experience of owning an alfa preferably the new alfa brera (droool) with a 3.2 v6 :thumbup:

but.........

the fab vRS ive got (MY05 vRS) hasnt been the most reliable but tbh it hasnt tainted my experience as my dealer in cramlington has been absolutely perfect and literally bent over backwards to help me..ie once they had no courtesy car ready as they said they would and the service manager gave me his octavia vRS over night and he go tthe taxi home:thumbup: :thumbup: just i honestly think nothin out there "pound for pound" can compete with both current vRS's if the whole package is conisdered.servicing cost's maybe to high but tbh i saved more money getting ma vRS than i would have ive i got a fiesta ST (more expensive car and summink like group 14 insurance)so if the whole package is conisdered then skoda are top trumps

so maybe in future when im settling down and dont fancy an all out muscle machine i will switch back to one

ramble over :thumbup:

-ho kiss kiss

Yeah, I'd have another one, but I think Skoda ought to take notice of threads like this and seriously consider making the next models according to what the customers (us) wants.

For example, there's enough Fabia vRS owners (like me) who are spending money on uprated suspension, bigger brakes, remaps etc. to justify producing a car with all this as standard, for a few

i would have another 1 just not my next car or the 1 after that ....my next car is gonna be an FD rx-7 as a second car to the fabia vRS and then my next first car is gonna be an alfa.......stupid idea i know but im a car nut and need the experience of owning an alfa preferably the new alfa brera (droool) with a 3.2 v6 :thumbup:

I just wish that Alfa knew how to put their cars together properly, so that they didn't break down every 15 minutes. At least my Octavia normally manages a few months before something goes wrong.

Alfa just make the best looking afforable cars on the road. I think skoda should go and poach their design team.

Don't get me wrong skoda's look good but there is just something missing from the designs. There is no innovation they are just safe, tidy and inoffensive. Mind you at least they haven't gone and hired a blind American to design their cars (unlike BMW). Who just wrecked their entire range (6 series excepted).:D

Guest Fabia 12v

Thing is though' date=' now I find myself wanting to spend thousands turning it into the car I really want it to be. Things like [b']footwell and rear headlining lighting[/b], puddle lights,

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good man, easy mods!

Another addition to my thread :)

One thing that annoys me with Skoda is that they treat the Fabia as an inferior car, looking at the Octavia there are far more avaiable extras than for the Fabia, such as Light Assist and Climate Control.

What I really would like to see on new models is controllable air-vents so the flow can be reduced for each vent rather than just changing direction.

Come on skoda, less of the gimicks, more of the useful stuff.

Ooooo..... so cheaper than a VRS Fabia? I bet that much of a saving would require the Fabia to do a lot of miles for the MPG to come into play.

Bargain.

Bloody good point imho.

Still no "mid range" torque though :P

Or a six speed gear box, or 5 doors, or heated seats on the options list... :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Bloody good point imho.

Still no "mid range" torque though :P

Or a six speed gear box' date=' or 5 doors, or heated seats on the options list... :rolleyes:

:rofl:[/quote']

Thats because it doesnt need 6 gears :rofl: - it's a PETROL!

You can also get an Eiback kit as a factory option - no warranty issues etc.

AND (yet another edit to add this one) you can choose propper leather.

AND (yet another edit, must think faster) you can have propper climate control

Rain sensing wipers

Factory "privacy glass"

Electrically folding mirrors

I've been looking around at a different car over the last couple of days. Why have I got a sensible car when I'm young and single? I'm looking at Celica or Hyundai Coupe maybe. Or just go for another boring car like an IS200.

Thats because it doesnt need 6 gears :rofl: - it's a PETROL!

Doesn't petrol M5 have seven gears:eek:

There always will be loads of cars like the little fiesta around.It's nice to be a bit different;)