The Dacia Sandero............

I chopped in a 6 month old Roomster 1.6 Diesel, because I can't be bothered with all the up coming faffing around with emissions and as the supplying dealer was ex Skoda ( Savilles at Mustow Green) they weren't scared of taking it in. Actually they part exchanged the new car with me so I got a new car and a hefty cheque...result.

As much as I like the Dacia, I really don't understand that reason.

There is no faffing around other than VW coming up with a tweak to the software etc... and you probably having to take it into the garage for a day.

But that logic, it's best to change your car every year before the hassle of it needing a service.

As good as the 1.2 petrol Dacia is (and it's arguably better looking than a Roomster) it's not on a par to drive with a 1.6tdi VW group product, the cabin isn't as nice and it's lacking several things like a height adjustable seat etc...

It only makes sense to free up cash.

Edited by BossFox

http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/media-gallery/brochure/att533cab753f1d4f2dbd91bb7155f3ae16/dacia-sandero.pdf

My Son took delivery of one of these today, metalic black, spare wheel, Ambiance trim, took the finance to get the 5 year warranty and breakdown cover but as soon as he got home he's paid the car off in full.  1.2 16v 75ish BHP

He not car mad, a means of getting from A to B, I dout it'll ever get washed but for just over 6K  he'll run it into the ground,  Bargain

Big thanks to lol-lol for his input, thanks mate

Your thoughts please

Ideal car for my Sons need, why spend more when this will do the Job.  99.9% of its life will be in London

• Like 1

I had an idea to make the Dacia Duster the perfect family car. Make the interior waterproof and washable. Dirty kids, nae bother, power wash the interior.

GIven its reputation for rust, I'd love to see that one 2 years down the line  :D

I had an idea to make the Dacia Duster the perfect family car. Make the interior waterproof and washable. Dirty kids, nae bother, power wash the interior.

GIven its reputation for rust, I'd love to see that one 2 years down the line  :D

That was a question I was going to ask, if anyone knew if the rust issue was limited just to the Duster model? A mate bought a brand new Duster last year and is going mental about it rusting all over the place inside and out. He is having massive issues getting it addressed through dealer also :( I have been tempted by the Stepway and Logan variants specifically a few times. 

GIven its reputation for rust, I'd love to see that one 2 years down the line :D

The rusty dusters are two years down the line now since it only effected the 2013 model (mostly white ones too) and all look ok.

Thought about getting a brand new Logan MCV 2 years ago went to the showroom had a look at the sandero they had inside (the logan was out on a test drive), went out side saw a nearly new Megane test drove it instead ut didn't get a good price for the Kia Cee'd I had at the time so didn't go any further with either the Logan or the megane and ended up in getting the Seat Leon a week later and ive never looked back since... though I am considering a Volvo V40 next time round or Octavia if I don't go for another Leon

Driving position: Big-enough for a 6-footer or is it designed for miniature SE Asian ladies, with tiny feet ?

As is well known, early Duster's had big-problems with paint finish and rust, especially in the joined seams. What's the Sandero like ?

Similarly, interiors and fittings are sparse on the entry models. dashboard-not-too-attractive, same with Sandero ?

Not too many of the dealerships round my way yet so getting the book stamped (For warranty requirements) might be a problem for some.

Nick

Driving position: Big-enough for a 6-footer or is it designed for miniature SE Asian ladies, with tiny feet ?

The main issue with the Sandero for me was no height adjustment on the seat.

When I drove it my line of sight was about 2 or 3 inches from teh top of the windscreen so I felt like I was sitting really high.

On the Stepway (same bodyshell) the seats are on different mounts so you sit lower.  It's also on higher suspension so evens out overall, meaning the Stepway version had a far better seating position IMO.

But none of them have height or angle adjustment on the seats.  So more suitable for people of "average" size.

Poor quality and crap dealers?  Just like Skoda and SEAT then.

It up to the manufacturers/franchise holders to put their money (And private equity) where their mouth is. That's what VAG were into in the '70s. And then someone in the City told them they had to concentrate on their core business - as if customers walking through the front doors of dealerships weren't !

That said, when the private equity money has gone into other things recently, e.g. white goods spares on the internet, its de-generated  18 months after set-up into rat-**** - pages and pages of similar products for models which change every 2 years,  with part-numbers, of course, but an in-effective database look-up system for cross-relating to models, and only the first two pages with photographs of the part, if you're lucky.

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Sorry ! Even more thread drift !

What beats me is why the manufacturers haven't joined forces to set-up some supersized joint aftercare/repair organisation that with economies of scale could bring down the costs of servicing and repair and if necessary franchise it out on a regional basis.

Surely, all users, including fleet, would love it. Big facilities the size of a factory, located like supermarket distribution depots, with door-to door delivery.

What's not to like ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

You could call it...UNIPART?

There are loads of part delivery firms...how else does "Ron's Garage" get the bits by this afternoon to get your shed through the MOT re-test.

Edited by camelspyyder

I travelled in a Renault Espace taxi today. 190,000 miles - driver said no problems whatsoever other than expected wear & tear. I am willing to concede that modern Renaults are reasonably reliable. ☺

Edited by classic

Well the entire population of Morocco wouldn't be able to afford it if they were.

Very popular in backward countries, that brand.

Morocco has a population of  33,848,242 Million. I think they could afford at least one Sandaro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Morocco

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

Morocco has a population of  33,848,242 Million. I think they could afford at least one Sandaro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Morocco

but only 3863.9 people would be able to drive it per hour. 

not sure theyd get very far... :D

im sure theres a person with a missing part than can make the .9...

Edited by fabiamk2SE