Estate luggage cover

I don't have any photo's at present as I only got my estate yesterday. However I have only got the standard cover which has three positions.

1. Full coverage

2. Partly retracted

3. Fully retracted

In position 1 you simply tap the rear edge and it will go to position 2. Tap again and it will go to position 3.

Also there is a setting in the menu to make it automatically go to position 2 (if it is already in position 1) when the electric tailgate is opened.

Hope you find this useful.

• Like 1

I don't have any photo's at present as I only got my estate yesterday. However I have only got the standard cover which has three positions.

1. Full coverage

2. Partly retracted

3. Fully retracted

In position 1 you simply tap the rear edge and it will go to position 2. Tap again and it will go to position 3.

Also there is a setting in the menu to make it automatically go to position 2 (if it is already in position 1) when the electric tailgate is opened.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks for that lol ! I had seen the option but not ticked it. I thought it was just their for the paid opening optional cover....

So ticked and now the cover opens to the first position as you say. Great stuff.

So what does the paid option give you ? Does it give the option to open to position 1 or position 2 ?

• 2 months later...

That's strange, I saw these posts months ago about it automatically retracting to the first position... well my car arrived on Tuesday and I seem to be missing the whole menu 'opening and closing' in my Columbus system.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by thepook

• 1 month later...

Being wondering about this for a while as I've ordered the L&K estate. Brochure states 'includes retractable parcel shelf' with electrically operated boot or ’sliding parcel shelf' with virtual pedal. Doesn't seem very clear as the option remains for the estate (bottom of page 31 and costs a whopping £120) in the brochure, even for L&K spec....but then the brochures are renowned for being a bit confusing!

Estate only

Electrically operated boot.

Enables the boot to open and close at the touch of a button; via the key, central panel or boot handle. The top position of the boot lid can also be adjusted to suit individual preference. Includes retractable parcel shelf.

Virtual Pedal

Enables touch-free boot opening via a motion sensor under the rear bumper. If the system identifies the authorised key and detects the 'kick' motion, the boot will open. Includes electrically operated boot functionality and sliding parcel shelf. Only available in combination with KESSY. Not available on GreenLine.

So based on this I didn't order the optional retractable parcel shelf as if it goes to position B anyway that's good enough.

can someone clarify. my understanding was/is from the dealer that as standard you don't get a retractable parcel shelf. I've therefore paid for the £120 option.

they said you get the 2bars with a piece of fabric between as standard (a raised storage net thingy if you will).

My L&K estate came with the auto retractable cover as standard. I saw the option and didn't bother with it, despite not knowing it came as standard on my model. It must be part of the electric tailgate and virtual pedal system. 

Add7525, I'm confused as well. I ordered a retractable parcel shelf for £120.00 and later queried with the dealer, quoting all of the relevant brochure text, whether I would be paying twice for the same feature. I didn't get a very clear response but I thought I leave it until my car turns up, see what is actually fitted and then see if there's scope for a £120.00 reduction in my final bill.

Edited by dumpling1954

You don't need it. Estate l&k has a fully retractable cover that can also be programmed to only open half way. Estate SEL has a fully retractable cover that can only be programmed to open half way.

You don't need it. Estate l&k has a fully retractable cover that can also be programmed to only open half way. Estate SEL has a fully retractable cover that can only be programmed to open half way.

Thank you Nick_H. I've ordered an L&K estate so brochure error then as I suspected and scope for me to claim a £120.00 reduction.

Thank you Nick_H. I've ordered an L&K estate so brochure error then as I suspected and scope for me to claim a £120.00 reduction.

Yeah the £120 is for the bars with the material. Can't see the point of that. You maybe the only person who has one ! ;-)

Nick_H - thanks very useful I will raise with dealer again. that said your explanation says the same thing for the L&K and the SE L - can you check your wording and confirm that he SE L comes with a fully retractable cover as standard the can be programmed to auto open half way!?

also, dealer told me that the 2 bars with the fabric between comes as standard so pretty sure that's not the £120 option. not sure what extra to swap the £120 I've saved for now...... remote rear seat drop levers or the retractable sun shades to the rear doors for the kids!

Nick_H - thanks very useful I will raise with dealer again. that said your explanation says the same thing for the L&K and the SE L - can you check your wording and confirm that he SE L comes with a fully retractable cover as standard the can be programmed to auto open half way!?

L&k you can have the cover open half or full. SEL you can only have the cover auto retract half way.

also, dealer told me that the 2 bars with the fabric between comes as standard so pretty sure that's not the £120 option. not sure what extra to swap the £120 I've saved for now...... remote rear seat drop levers or the retractable sun shades to the rear doors for the kids!

Ok the 2 bars with fabric are not standard at least on SEL. You could have paid the £120 for the fully retractable option on the cover. Not worth it really as it will open halfway and to open it the rest you just tap it.

I think there is rather a lot of mis-information in this thread so I'll attempt to say, in my opinion and based on my experience, what the £120 option is.

I ordered the 'Retractable parcel shelf' option and I ended up with both the retractable parcel shelf and the multi-function pocket (2 bars with the fabric between). Others that have not specified a retractable parcel shelf as an option have reported that the car has been delivered with one. I haven't seen anyone post that they have been provided with a multi-function pocket without specfying it.

If you go on the Skoda Car Configurator and look at the extra equipment options you will see an option described as 'Retractable parcel shelf' but with a picture of the multi-function pocket. My view is they have got the description wrong and the £120 option is actually for the multi-function pocket. I can tell you all now, mine went straight up in the loft when I got my car. It's pretty useless and had I known exactly what it was I wouldn't have included it as an option. At that time little was known about the option and I didn't want to risk not having the shelf which I think we have now seen is what comes as standard and is the most useful.

Lastly, I know of no option that allows the shelf to fully retract. Regardless of trim level (I have L&K trim) the shelf will only retract automatically to the intermediate position if this is set to do so in the car settings on the infotainment system.

Edited by l4wrence
  • Like 1

Ah that's interesting... I could have sworn I had read that the l&k had the option to fully retract also and I would have had to spec that option on my sel.

With regards to the half retracting cover: 

I found the manual half opening 'feature' on my Mk2 luggage cover enormously irritating so I removed the latches that are located halfway along the slide rails so the cover would open fully with one tap. 

The Mk3 cover is almost identical in design to the Mk2's (with the exact same rattle my old one had :D ). The only difference is the latches that hold the cover closed must have a solenoid actuator or something to open with the electric boot. Taking out the latches halfway down will enable full automatic opening. 

I didn't opt for the auto cover so I didn't get the multi function pocket - which is a good thing as it would no doubt be in the loft already  :dull:

I did opt for the £150 partition net screen which is excellent. It pulls up and latches into slots in the roof. It also works when the seats are down as well, providing a partition just behind the two front seats. Well worth it if you have dogs or carry loads of stuff in the boot often. It also helps to protect passengers from anything flying forwards from the boot.