Adjusting Windscreen washer jets

Mine is going in tomorrow morning for the fuse box 'recall' and they're going to look at the weak o/s windscreen washer while it's there.

I'm only making the journey to the dealership to 'spend' my Skoda goodwill allowance after the rear wiper debacle (Getting the flip fold boot mat and boot net program).

Had a new drivers side washer spray nozzle fitted this morning, it's better, but its not what I'd call fixed. Hey ho, it is livable but at the same time laughable that Skoda can't get such a simple thing right.

The dealership washed my car, I didn't expect them to, they didn't tell me they were going to and to be honest I wish they'd not bothered given the amount they've missed. I bet they've used a brush too, argh I could scream. Only ever had a wash offer previously when in for a service, never for warranty work. I'd have told them to leave it if I'd realised.

Oh dear. Been there not very long ago, and now just happened to other half. The IT outsourcing industry was ours and it still hasn't recovered from 2008.

Good luck with wherever you want to go next.

I'm in IT Outsourcing as well...  Lasted over 30 years in it and hoping to do something different this time - just don't know what

• 4 weeks later...

Having followed up with my dealership as promised, they have confirmed that Skoda DO have knowledge of the issue and as Feedan says above, their fix is to remove the back pressure regulator and replace with standard hose.

The positive is that this information is now available to dealerships directly via their mechanism of contacting the factory.

The evidence provided from this forum was helpful in establishing that there is a real problem.

Mine is booked in for it's 10,000 mile service on Friday, the recall, and this modification. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

OK guys I have had issues with my front washer jets since I first picked up my car in Jan 2016. L&K Mk 3 Superb. Had it back to the dealers and they adjusted them but still when operated the front washers did not wet the center 18 inches of the windscreen. Had it booked in today for more investigation and to my surprise the receptionist told me it was also booked in for a recall, to which I asked what the recall was for, I chuckled to myself when she said, oh! it's to do with the front screen washers. For anyone who is interested they carried out "92D6" Campaign on my car, that is the recall number by the way, and hey presto it now works. Only been telling them for 8 months the jets were fitted the wrong way round. Hope this helps.

OK guys I have had issues with my front washer jets since I first picked up my car in Jan 2016. L&K Mk 3 Superb. Had it back to the dealers and they adjusted them but still when operated the front washers did not wet the center 18 inches of the windscreen. Had it booked in today for more investigation and to my surprise the receptionist told me it was also booked in for a recall, to which I asked what the recall was for, I chuckled to myself when she said, oh! it's to do with the front screen washers. For anyone who is interested they carried out "92D6" Campaign on my car, that is the recall number by the way, and hey presto it now works. Only been telling them for 8 months the jets were fitted the wrong way round. Hope this helps.

Are you saying that they swapped the washer nozzles left to right and right to left? Kind of makes sense seeing as I have very clean door mirrors but cant see out of the centre section of the screen :)