Hutchysrs50 - 8th Fabia... Special edition

hutchysrs50

Yep, definitely. Still braked perfectly well, no wobble or grinding!

You might be right, I might take the rear ones off and see how it looks!

Mine doesn't have the rears on, if you want to see without taking yours off

Another slow update, abit cold and snowy outside to be doing much so thought I'd sort out a spare key.

Got a blank blade and cut to match my key code for £8. Went to a local scrap yard and got a 3 button flip key for £5.

Removed the old blade and fitted my new one, then programmed it to unlock / lock the doors. It's just a surf key since it won't start the engine but for £13 it's good to have a spare incase I lock mine in the boot or somthing!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50

Don't think it was needed just yet but it's been slow starting with these cold mornings, instead of waiting for it to not start all together I thought I might as well get a new battery.

I had a few choices but went with the "OEM rated" battery being Exide, comes with a 3 year warranty instead of the budget 1 year so hopefully it'll be good!

It's also slightly larger so should coupe better :)

image.jpg

Old one coming out

image.jpg

New one in place

image.jpg

Also added some redex to the tank again today and filled up for the second time with super diesel!

With it being cold and getting slight condensation on the windscreen sometimes I thought best to change the pollen filter as well, wasn't to bad, I've seen a lot worse!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Took the grille out today, want it painting perfectly so removed the badge rather than mask it off.

Just dropped it off at the bodyshop to get painted satin black, will be ready to collect Friday :) hopefully I'll have stripped my spare headlights so they can be painted then also.

image.jpg

The badge put up abit of a fight but with the hair dryer on it for a while it pulled away.

image.jpg

No grille at all... Looks alright :D

image.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that mate, shows I'm doing something right ;) I've got a new sticker coming too as mines missing some letters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You staying white letters?

I'm thinking OEM retrofit heated seats next...

Slowly ticking off the optional extras!

Perfectly fine, same as any other lights, they are fully road legal, much better fitting the projectors to hold the HID bulbs rather than most people that just stick a HID kit in standard lights and blind everyone.

I'll find out more tomorrow morning at the MOT station I suppose :P

You staying white letters?

I'm thinking OEM retrofit heated seats next...

Slowly ticking off the optional extras!

Yeh, white again. I'd love heated leather but it seems like a lot of hassle. Tempted to sell up but I can't find any other diesels I'd like within the same price range :(

Yeh, white again. I'd love heated leather but it seems like a lot of hassle. Tempted to sell up but I can't find any other diesels I'd like within the same price range :(

That's a shame to hear, I don't plan on selling mine for a while, it stands me very little and definitely couldn't replace it for the price.

I've sent a few messages regarding the heated seats so hopefully get that sorted around mid Feb.

• Like 1

While I was at the garage I thought I might as well get the laser alignment tracking done, both wheels were out slightly but the drivers side more so. Both spot on now so drives that little bit better and hopefully look after my tyres that bit better.

image.jpg

image.jpg