Citigo Read window - Is this a design fault

TinaR

Hi

I have a citygo that has now had three passengerside rear windows replaced because they keep shattering.  This week it happened when the car was parked and the back door was opened.  Autoglass claim there is nothing wrong with the fixing screws being ovetightened.  Also told my daughter that there have been instances when people have gone over a speed hump and they have shattered. 

I had Slodas for over 22 years without a problem, but non  of the others had this fold out window system of the citigo. 

I am begining to wonder if there is a serious design fault so thought it worth trying a few owners to see if anybody else has had the problem?

Regards Tina

Hi

I have a citygo that has now had three passengerside rear windows replaced because they keep shattering.  This week it happened when the car was parked and the back door was opened.  Autoglass claim there is nothing wrong with the fixing screws being ovetightened.  Also told my daughter that there have been instances when people have gone over a speed hump and they have shattered. 

I had Slodas for over 22 years without a problem, but non  of the others had this fold out window system of the citigo. 

I am begining to wonder if there is a serious design fault so thought it worth trying a few owners to see if anybody else has had the problem?

Regards Tina

Sounds like you've got something wrong with your car mate. Sounds rubbish.

Never come across anyone else on VW Up, Seat Mii, or Citigo owners clubs/forums that have ever had this issue, in more than two years. 

• Like 1

We don't know what window has been used as a replacment, I would suggest coughing up a few extra ££ and try a different glass company (there are surely locals around the area?) If the problem stops, it's Autoglass, if it persists, its the car, take photos of every breakage, log the date it happened and keep any work receipts to hand for evidence usage if Skoda try to claim its nothing to do with them