I've stopped being silly now...

rriggs

Nope, not sure what the pressures are exactly ... but I know they are the pressure recommended inside the fuel flap.

You can't compare a great handling 'high-rider' with a sporting sedan; overcoming greater body roll is the bugbear suspension engineers have to deal with all the time short of expensive 'active' air suspension.

Don't worry, as long as you are happy with your Yeti then you are fine with the tyres Skoda supplied. Winter tyres are a help in the winter when temperatures are below 7 centigrade, particularly in adverse weather conditions - snow, ice etc. - by providing better grip. If you really want to do something then either get a set of winter tyres and wheels or else change your existing tyres for the new cross climate tyres (check the AutoExpress website for details and reviews).  

Yes, thank you.......I shall now be totally satisfied with what was supplied.  I have absolutely no intention of driving on snow or ice anyway. But a friend with a Yeti is fitting her winter tyres this week, but she has to go to the farm in all weathers.

I wonder how much of the poor ride often attributed to the Yeti is down to the choice of tyre (Dunlop SP01s in my case), rather than, necessarily, the wheel size. I noticed quite a significant improvement in ride quality when switching to 16" winter wheels. They (Nokian A3 205/55/16s) had the same sidewall height as the standard (225/50/17s) tyres, but were more forgiving, even at higher pressures. Now I have Nokian Weatherproof all-seasons in the standard 17" size, though with a 98XL rating (vs 94), and the ride is better still.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update and apparently not on its way to Emden but is on a train heading for Belgium...

It spent a while on a ship in Belgium going nowhere thanks to Xmas but is now confirmed as being in the UK... Yay!

• Like 1

Our Yeti is now 5+years old. 39000 miles with 29000 on original Dunlop SP 17" tyres at no more than 33-6psi. We find the ride quality fine and little different to the 16" Nokian winter wheels.

How did my topic about my new Yeti that's on order become about wheels and tyres? Couldn't you lot find a more suitable topic to discuss this as has gone way off topic now and the on-topic replies are getting lost...?

• Like 1

How did my topic about my new Yeti that's on order become about wheels and tyres? Couldn't you lot find a more suitable topic to discuss this as has gone way off topic now and the on-topic replies are getting lost...?

:D   Have a read through mine http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/379104-yeti-no4-ordered/?hl=%20yeti%20%20no4%20%20ordered   same thing happened only mine managed 3 pages  :D .

• Like 1

Serendipity, one of the few joys left in life when you reach the stage at which most are just a memory. Perhaps the title of the post invites a little sillieness :D

p.s. - Leather seats mmm.. the one thing I couldn't have in mine and would have loved.

Edited by longedge
  • Like 1