SKODA YETI 1.2 TSI S WRONG SIZE TYRES

GMT13

Hi All,

I have just taken delivery of a Yeti 1.2 TSI S specification which should have come with 215/60 x 16 tyres (chose this spec for the bigger side wall and comfort), but my car arrived with 205/55 x 16 tyres which do not feature anywhere in the Skoda brochure or website. Has anyone else come across this with their new Yeti.

Thanks

Graham

Hi All,

I have just taken delivery of a Yeti 1.2 TSI S specification which should have come with 215/60 x 16 tyres (chose this spec for the bigger side wall and comfort), but my car arrived with 205/55 x 16 tyres which do not feature anywhere in the Skoda brochure or website. Has anyone else come across this with their new Yeti.

Thanks

Graham

You want to check the handbook, that is what my 2015 Greenline is fitted with and is in the book and brochures.

Image4_zpsvlyua5wy.jpg

Edited by Urrell

Hi Graham

This topic has been kicked about quite a bit in the past, as JCP mentions the plumber's guide does indicate that 205/55/16 are the correct ones.

I contacted SUK to confirm before fitting them on my 16 winter steels.(this was when I had the 1.2 Yeti)

Edited by 7029bob

Contrary to one reply, yours is an S and not Greenline.

Early 2015 brochures do state 205/55 R16 later and current brochure says 215/60 R16

When you brows any brochure you must look under Standard Equipment etc.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Contrary to one reply, yours is an S and not Greenline.

I saw that but he said that size was not to be found anywhere, I have produced evidence that it is a recommended size for the 1.2 TSI that he has.

A non recommended size could lead to problems with an insurance claim.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your responses, just to clarefy:

The only tyre size mentioned in the Yeti brochure or website for the S spec is 215/60 16

Tyre sizes are not listed in the current handbook except for Winter tyres.

Cheers

Graham

Hi all,

Many thanks for your responses, just to clarefy:

The only tyre size mentioned in the Yeti brochure or website for the S spec is 215/60 16

Tyre sizes are not listed in the current handbook except for Winter tyres.

16" 

Cheers

Graham

Sorry Graham but this shows standard with 205/55r16 tyres on 16" Helix wheels.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-yeti/equipment

Lots of conflicting information - November brochure states on page 18 215/60 x 16

http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/request-a-brochure

Yeti built 15th of November, so built to the latest spec!

I also have the July brochure which states 215/60 x 16

There is no mention of 205/55 x 16 anywhere in the brochures

G

Lots of conflicting information - November brochure states on page 18 215/60 x 16

http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/request-a-brochure

Yeti built 15th of November, so built to the latest spec!

I also have the July brochure which states 215/60 x 16

There is no mention of 205/55 x 16 anywhere in the brochures

G

These were in the Jan 2015 brochure and fitted to the Greenline...have you considered that the dealer swapped them  :x

or your vehicle has been sitting somewhere.

or the factory found a load of old stock...and the S range got them.

Edited by DonjSZ5

And don't forget those little words hidden at the back of the Brochure to the effect that "specifications may change" and "subject to availability"

Edited by Llanigraham
  • Like 1

And don't forget those little words hidden at the back of the Brochure to the effect that "specifications may change" and "subject to availability"

....and finally "they reserve the right........."

• Like 1

Whatever the small print the OP was expecting something and he didn't get it.

If it's in the brochure and on the web-site then they have broken their side of the contract.

What other manufacturer of goods could (try) and get away with advertising something and when it arrives it is different to what you ordered!

A word with the dealer and Skoda UK is required!

Yes, but they have that all encompassing get-out.

The dealership may have a way of obtaining a swap though......if they DO care.

Edited by Ryeman

If it's in the brochure and on the web-site then they have broken their side of the contract.

What other manufacturer of goods could (try) and get away with advertising something and when it arrives it is different to what you ordered!

I can understand that the OP is annoyed but before going down the route of breach of contract I think you would need to consider whether it is a material consideration. A dozen or so Classic Yeti owners (current and past) specifically ordered 16" alloys rather than one of the 17" options offered as standard. The provision of this non-standard wheel was therefore clearly a material consideration in the contract as it was a specified requirement agreed by both parties. But the OP ordered a car knowing it would be on 16" wheels and it has arrived with 16" wheels albeit a different tyre size than expected and is this really that different from not being able to specify the tyres fitted at the factory? You might prefer tyre A from manufacturer B but if it comes with tyre X from manufacturer Y you might be disappointed but have you suffered a loss? The issue seems to be height of sidewall and, putting my hand up to  not really understanding the relationship between sidewall heigh, /tyre width and profile number is there a significant difference in sidewall height between the 215/60x16 and 205/55x16 tyres because if there is a justifiable claim this would seem to be the key point to establish.

The dealership may have a way of obtaining a swap though......if they DO care.

Or if not able to do this on-site perhaps might meet the difference in cost of trading in the virtually new tyres currently fitted for the equivalent tyres in the brochure specified size at a third party outlet?

No they haven't, because they publish a "get out clause" in the brochure, and I've no doubt also in the T & C's the OP signed without reading when he bought the car.

Edited by Llanigraham

When I placed and signed my order I requested optional Annapurna rims. The vehicle arrived with standard fit Origami's. The dealer said he would try to change them but it might take a while so after much looking and thinking I accepted the Ori's.

We have read elsewhere folks receiving items that were not shown in the brochure or it was not clear what you were getting...head units being the main.

If an item is listed as an option then you SHOULD get it, if it is listed as a standard part then they have their get out clauses.

When I've read in the past that people have fitted 205/55/16, I've been surprised - as these give (according to this site) a 4.82% / 32mm reduction in diameter compared to the "usual" 16" size of 215/60/16, and a 3.81% / 25mm reduction in diameter compared to the "usual" 17" size of 225/50/17.

Seems quite a significant change, not only could it affect speedo accuracy, but will also reduce ride height a little (intentional on the Greenline I assume).

However, if supplied from the factory like this, maybe the speedo etc has been calibrated accordingly, so nowt to worry about ?

When I've read in the past that people have fitted 205/55/16, I've been surprised - as these give (according to this site) a 4.82% / 32mm reduction in diameter compared to the "usual" 16" size of 215/60/16, and a 3.81% / 25mm reduction in diameter compared to the "usual" 17" size of 225/50/17.

Seems quite a significant change, not only could it affect speedo accuracy, but will also reduce ride height a little (intentional on the Greenline I assume).

However, if supplied from the factory like this, maybe the speedo etc has been calibrated accordingly, so nowt to worry about ?

There's a setting in the MaxiDot for those that fit Winter Tyres.