Space Saver Wheel

Hi

I am the proud owner of a 2.0 Diesel SE Business Estate, delivered in October.

Just realised that it comes with a compressor and some kind of goo to get me home in the event of a puncture.

I contacted Skoda regarding a space saver and was quoted the following:-

£254 inc vat for 16 inch steel wheel and tool kit.

£417 for space saver and tool kit.

Obviously they seem very overpriced.

Does anyone know which other space savers from the VAG range will fit?

I will look to get a second hand one via ebay.

Regards

I got a steel spare wheel plus jack for my MK2 FL from my local Skoda dealer for £100. I don't call it a space saver as such as its still a 205 section tyre which I have on my car anyway.

Hi

I am the proud owner of a 2.0 Diesel SE Business Estate, delivered in October.

Just realised that it comes with a compressor and some kind of goo to get me home in the event of a puncture.

I contacted Skoda regarding a space saver and was quoted the following:-

£254 inc vat for 16 inch steel wheel and tool kit.

£417 for space saver and tool kit.

Obviously they seem very overpriced.

Does anyone know which other space savers from the VAG range will fit?

I will look to get a second hand one via ebay.

Regards

Take a look here: -

http://www.caffynsskodaparts.co.uk/product/Superb_III__Spare_Wheel_%26_Tool_Kit__%2818%22%29_Newsup18spare-1

It's a lot cheaper than £417.00!

Could someone provide me with the S3 Space saver wheel size, studs and ET please ?

I bet I can find one for less than £100.. :)

(I did this on my E60, then just purchased a second hand jack and a non OEM long wheel brace. )

This is the other listed option: -

http://www.caffynsskodaparts.co.uk/product/Superb_III__Spare_Wheel_%26_Tool_Kit_%2816%22_Exc_VRS%29_Newsup16spare

However I doubt if it will be ok to use on vehicles that have 18" wheels as standard, both this and the previous link I posted give the wheel dimensions, the stud pattern will be the same as the normal wheels. 

You could always ring them and ask the question about suitability, I was really showing that the £417  Mil7215 was quoted was rubbish and more like a fob off.

My dealer is having to go down the P & A route for my car as when I changed it from a 220PS to a 280PS he had to remove the spare wheel option or it wouldn't let him make the change (not a story I was watching as he made the change), more expensive for him as I'm only paying £100.00 for something that's going to cost £254 (although granted not what he would pay).  

Edited by Prykey

Thanks -

So the 18 inch wheel is

Information:
Wheel dimensions: 3,5J x 18", ET25
Tyre size: 125/70 R18
Only for cars with 2,0l TSI/ 206 kW engines.

Which is a SPACE SAVER,

The other one is a full size wheel

Information:
Wheel dimensions: 6,5J x 16", ET46
Tyre size: 205/55 R16
Restrictions: Not suitable for Superb vehicles with 2,0l TSI/ 206

So.. between them both they are a perfect match (best you will get) for the rolling radius, with what i guess will be the 16 inch wheel will not fit the higher output engines due to brake calliper clearance. (which may only affect the 280bhp or possible 220bhp versions. 

wheel%20compare_zpsxbxjpxme.png

Can anyone confirm if its Bolt pattern5 x 112.00 x 57.00 ?

Also... would anyone be kind enough to share theS S2 wheel sizes ?

Thanks

Edited by RickTT

having a further quick look... looks like 5K0601011AA which is the 18 inch space saver is used across the VAG group, Audi A3 and O3 Vrs.

The solotion here is to buy the steel rim only, then the tyre from the likes of CAMSKILL or MYTyres etc price dependant and it will work out a lot cheaper...

Dont bother buying all the form inserts, (well i wont as its useful to be able to store stuff in the wheel its self.)

Finally... PLEASE can someone take a photo of the door plate / Wheel size plate (normally on BMW's so not sure if on skodas, it details all approved wheel sizes, space saver and winter tyre set ups) - this will help working on a cost effective option.

I will keep looking.

Thanks

Edited by RickTT

Take a look at this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373074-will-full-size-steel-spare-wheel-from-superb-ii-suit-superb-iii

I bought a 16" steel wheel from Tyre Leader for £29 delivered, fitted a used 205/55/16 tyre and bought the spare wheel kit from Superskoda for about £54 delivered.

Edited by Pete T

Take a look at this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373074-will-full-size-steel-spare-wheel-from-superb-ii-suit-superb-iii

I bought a 16" steel wheel from Tyre Leader for £29 delivered, fitted a used 205/55/16 tyre and bought the spare wheel kit from Superskoda for about £54 delivered.

have you tried it and does it fit ? (well enough to get home/to a garage)

i note on ebay you can get a jack and a spanner for less than £20 too. 

I think that the 16" steel spare wheel is similar in diameter to the original 18" wheel & is big enough to clear the brake calipers , (it was OK on my 18" wheels Superb 2) but it's not offered by Skoda

for the 280 ps/ 206 kw  cars  'cos they have 4wd & the boot floor has been modified to suit, leaving insufficient depth for the 16" wheel.

Any thoughts?

DC. 

Do you have the part number for your steel spare?

The jack kit, part number 3T0071108 can be found here http://www.skodaparts.com/product/superb-spare-wheel-tool-kit-2008-2015-33127

The wheel, part number 3T0601012FL can be found here http://www.skodaparts.com/product/superb-spare-wheel-2008-2015-33130

Note these are listed for the MK2, you need to check if it fits the MK3.

I paid £100 (+ VAT) all in from the local Skoda garage.

The MKIII jack is totally different to the MKII.

Isn't the jack for the Mk3 a proper scissor jack?

Edited by Prykey