Slippery clutch & brake pedals

My wife has had a new Rapid for about 10 months. She hasn't complained about this but when I have driven it I found sometimes my foot would slip when trying to depress the clutch. I looked at the rubber on the pedals and it felt a rather hard type of plastic. Rather than change the car I think I would buy new trainers, but I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Ignore the Zzzzzzzz business.  It is NOT a trivial matter if your foot slips off the clutch pedal at the wrong moment.

I started a thread on this some time ago and got some very sensible advice.

My problem was/is made worse by being left hand drive.  The clutch pedal is dead in line with the steering column.That is some serious offset,  I have to get in get set then twist about 10 degrees right.

Cure for slipping feet.  Buy the heavy duty gritty tape used on the edges of stair treads in factories etc.

Works a treat.

This has prompted me to discuss yet another issue with my car that I wasn't going to mention. Although my pedals are a bit slippery but ok on the whole, my bloody clutch is jerky beyond belief, I've now resorted to riding it a bit just to avoid it. So hard to pull off in first smoothly. It does seem to get better as the car warms up but for gods sake does my Rapid need anymore annoying issues! I'm trying so hard to get along with this car and not be negative but my patience is always being tested. My neighbor told me last nigh how nice it looks and yes it does and it was cheap but I would never get another one. Honestly how many rapid hatch back owners would buy another, I bet not many.

• Like 1

This has prompted me to discuss yet another issue with my car that I wasn't going to mention. Although my pedals are a bit slippery but ok on the whole, my bloody clutch is jerky beyond belief, I've now resorted to riding it a bit just to avoid it. So hard to pull off in first smoothly. It does seem to get better as the car warms up but for gods sake does my Rapid need anymore annoying issues! I'm trying so hard to get along with this car and not be negative but my patience is always being tested. My neighbor told me last nigh how nice it looks and yes it does and it was cheap but I would never get another one. Honestly how many rapid hatch back owners would buy another, I bet not many.

I have bought two Toledos and a Rapid so far.Confirmation of insanity?

Lots of shoes a poor these days for grip in the wet. Mine are OK but then I either wear trainers or check the soles of shoes when I buy.I don't want to slip onto my posterior on a wet pvement!

I don't wear my nice leather-soled shoes to drive in the wet at all!